Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: worst war matchup ever

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    Which is it? You match ‘fun fair wars’? Or do you ‘usually win easily’?
    That’s just it, when you run an odd roster like this plus their engineering, you’re bound to have uneven matches. I looked at a recent perfect war they had last month. The enemy #1 th13 was very rushed with a king in the 30s, warden in teens, etc., in other words an easy 3 star for any competent th13. It was an easy 100% war. However, the other clan would have a very hard time doing the same against their close to max th13s. It was a MUCH bigger mismatch than the one being complained of here, just in his favor.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  2. #32
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,664
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That’s just it, when you run an odd roster like this plus their engineering, you’re bound to have uneven matches. I looked at a recent perfect war they had last month. The enemy #1 th13 was very rushed with a king in the 30s, warden in teens, etc., in other words an easy 3 star for any competent th13. It was an easy 100% war. However, the other clan would have a very hard time doing the same against their close to max th13s. It was a MUCH bigger mismatch than the one being complained of here, just in his favor.
    In other words a fun, fair war..
    Go balanced or go with the flow.

  3. #33
    Forum Veteran ChiefTuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosecoc View Post
    we have
    2 maxed 13s
    1 half way to max 13
    1 maxed th12
    13 th11s ( 2 without eagle)
    2 th10s

    they have 3 maxed th13s
    3 maxed th12s
    14 th11s' of which a far larger portion are maxed than ours

    tell me at which th do we have the advantage?
    That shouldn't matter according to your post claiming 3 stars against maxed TH13s are so easy, anyone can do it.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    400
    Yup as other said. Since you're so good to easily 3 stars th13 the matchmaking shouldn't be a big problem.

    But yeah seems on my personal experience the win streaks also determine how hard next opponent will be

  5. #35
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,239
    It's quite amusing that the people that scream "UNFAIR" the loudest often really mean "not massively rigged in my favor".

    Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

  6. #36
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    122
    ... I did not know matchmaking takes into account your win streak. Do they try to match clans with longer win streak togther?
    Last edited by Alextzh; December 1st, 2020 at 04:10 AM.

  7. #37
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    ... I did not know matchmaking takes into account your win streak. Do they try to match clans with longer win streak togther?
    Make of that what you will https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tchmaking.html

    EDIT.. The official support release states win/loss record is taken into account
    Matchmaking will also factor in Win/Loss records. This ensures that your opponents are worthy adversaries.

    It also states the MMA will widen search criteria if the match is taking too long..
    Although one would have to define what is considered as "a tolerable time"

    However, matchmaking will always try to find matches within a tolerable time, which means adjusting the strictness of these rules if the search has already taken a long time. This causes variety in the quality of matchups.

    I am, however, struggling to affix a date to this Support release..
    Is possible that it is now outdated..
    But I have never read anywhere about SC referring specifically to win streaks as part of the matching criteria.

    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 1st, 2020 at 03:26 PM.

  8. #38
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    ... I did not know matchmaking takes into account your win streak. Do they try to match clans with longer win streak togther?
    If it does it's not enough to really sway the matchup. Otherwise long win streaks would not exist.

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

    I am, however, struggling to affix a date to this Support release..
    Is possible that it is now outdated..
    But I have never read anywhere about SC referring specifically to win streaks as part of the matching criteria.
    They never said win streaks, just recent win/loss record.

    I can't find it now either, but I do remember them saying it, I think somewhere between 2 and 3 years ago. And there has been no statement since then that they no longer do this.

  10. #40
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Make of that what you will https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tchmaking.html

    EDIT.. The official support release states win/loss record is taken into account
    Matchmaking will also factor in Win/Loss records. This ensures that your opponents are worthy adversaries.

    It also states the MMA will widen search criteria if the match is taking too long..
    Although one would have to define what is considered as "a tolerable time"

    However, matchmaking will always try to find matches within a tolerable time, which means adjusting the strictness of these rules if the search has already taken a long time. This causes variety in the quality of matchups.

    I am, however, struggling to affix a date to this Support release..
    Is possible that it is now outdated..
    But I have never read anywhere about SC referring specifically to win streaks as part of the matching criteria.


    Interesting, they have changed the URL for that helpshift site. One thing I can no longer find on the new site was the FAQ item that claimed upgrading the lab paused your ongoing troop upgrade, which many here said was erroneous. Maybe they have dumped the inaccurate information?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •