Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: th13 is broken???

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You suggest that everyone forgets to mention that pro players face the best bases, which is true. What you fail to mention is that those same pro bases are put up on sites to be copied within hours of being seen and within days those same bases can be seen in regular wars. My clan faces them all the time and given the show this weekend, I expect to see many of those designs within the next couple of wars. Sadly however, most casual players will not have the skills to triple those same bases.

I would suggest that your comment that recreational players (99% of the entire gaming community) near a 30% hit rate at TH13 is completely false, especially if they dont understand the game or read a base.
    ... if u update your regular war base in days, you are not a recreational player. I consider myself pretty serious player and my current base is 2 months old. I see bases months old all the time. But the current meta is very hard to defend, even the best pro bases have weakness, esp once u know the traps and cc.

What’s makes it hard for the pro competition is they hit fresh and needs to ensure two star. No risky entry so bases usually skewed to trap the th near side.
    Last edited by Alextzh; November 29th, 2020 at 12:31 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    The 30% hit rate is referring to my clan mates. There are two types of players in my clan. Those who understand the game and those who donít. They just try to force their favourite strat on the wrong base.
    No there aren't. If they are getting anywhere near 30% triples on decent TH13 bases, then they understand the game way better than the average player.

Not sure which clans you guys face, my clan faces plenty of outdated bases, at least to me. Sure, many of them copy pro bases but they are usually at least a month old. Just look at the zap value. Or open corner bases which get wrecked by witches.

The pro players in my clan usually clear bases with spells left over.... because they exploit the glaring weaknesses. But the recreational players facing the same bases fail spectacularly because they either read the base wrong and use the wrong strat or just canít execute.
    What you are calling recreational players are actually experts. Not the ultra elite (the "pros" as you call them, though I doubt they make a living from the game), but still way better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatulusMaximus View Post
    This is hilarious, not sure why we are feeding the troll, but here goes...

I end every season somewhere between 5300-5500. I am completely maxed, including walls. I get three starred about 3 times a week, and if I have a good week, I get 5-6 three stars a week. I am the exact description of your bang average player, the kind that SC should be targeting to keep happy. It isnít broke for me, or anyone I know, and my game friends range from top level world champ level players to one star war heroes.

if itís broke, please let it stay that way!!
    Agree. I'll feed the troll just to say I'm in the same boat, and really enjoying it

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No there aren't. If they are getting anywhere near 30% triples on decent TH13 bases, then they understand the game way better than the average player.

What you are calling recreational players are actually experts. Not the ultra elite (the "pros" as you call them, though I doubt they make a living from the game), but still way better than average.
    I can tell you in my clan there are two kinds of players. I just call them pro and recreational just to differentiate them. Not saying any of us makes money from the game, although one of them runs a COC youtube channel with some subscribers..

We run wars around 40 with maybe 6 th12 and rest is th13 for different weights. The recreational TH13 players have around 30% hit rate and they don't necessarily hit heavy th13, in fact they usually clean up the low th13.

But the "pro" players have very high hit rate even on the heavy th13.

At the end of the day, the difference to me in my clan is one group understand the game, the other honestly don't.

As a frame of reference, the "pros" I mentioned in my clan ends legends day at around 58xx. They offense and defence every day is around 260-300.... which translate to 3-7 triples a day?
    Last edited by Alextzh; November 29th, 2020 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosecoc View Post
    even brain dead clans from Philippines can spam any strat and triple maxed bases.
    like 2 attempts tops
    Was being a garden variety troll too difficult? Had to add in the offensive insult?
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

Centennial Club
    As a frame of reference, the "pros" I mentioned in my clan ends legends day at around 58xx. They offense and defence every day is around 260-300.... which translate to 3-7 triples a day?
    58xx ,that's like top 200 global last season.
    They should not be a massive influencer for game balance in my opinion.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #57
    I can tell you in my clan there are two kinds of players. I just call them pro and recreational just to differentiate them. Not saying any of us makes money from the game, although one of them runs a COC youtube channel with some subscribers..

We run wars around 40 with maybe 6 th12 and rest is th13 for different weights. The recreational TH13 players have around 30% hit rate and they don't necessarily hit heavy th13, in fact they usually clean up the low th13.

At the end of the day, the difference to me in my clan is one group understand the game, the other honestly don't.

That puts the pros in the top few hundred out of tens of millions of players. For every player of that standard, there are 100,000+ who are lower.

Even the players you describe as recreational are well above what most of us manage. They only apoear to not understand the game in comparison to those pros.

And for those of us playing regularly in the 5100-5300 range, days with zero triples are more common than days with 2+ (both for and against).

The 30% hit rate is referring to my clan mates. There are two types of players in my clan. Those who understand the game and those who don’t. They just try to force their favourite strat on the wrong base.
    The recreational TH13 players have around 30% hit rate and they don't necessarily hit heavy th13, in fact they usually clean up the low th13.
    The players you describe as recreational and not understanding the game are still probably much better than average, but now that you have clarified you aren’t talking about max th13s I better understand what you are describing. There is a HUGE difference between a 30% rate on max th13s (elite play) and on early th13s.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

And this is where personal experience and circumstances places our views on "the norm" way way apart from what I see as average (which you have bolded, to your credit).
    In your clan, even your recreational players have the good fortune to be surrounded by pro's, whom will offer advice, and even educate during normal chat.. It rubs off to a large extent.
    In my clan, we only just started using 13s in yesterdays war, we cant get folk to stay and chat, only the kids at lower halls do FC, and YouTube is for watching Blippy.

I guess we are lucky if we could be classed as average, although there is a small band of us with multi's that are into the war scene, so our log aint too shabby.. about a 3:1 win loss ratio.
    But my eyes widen when I read Average Joe is hitting 30% 3 star rates against max 13s.. Heck, I aint ever 3 starred a max 13, albeit have only done 1 regular war with it, and #4 on the cwl roster dont hit max 13 in Crystal 2 cwl often.

We need to have our opinion.. But it needs to be kept real.. And the rates need to be restricted to max (or close to) 13s, or a heads up that they are hitting either rushed, poorly constructed, or doing dips.
    Anything less simply distorts the reality of the current situation..
    PS.. That extra camp space has made a difference, even for a mug like me.

Before the 300 troop space update, I was lucky to get 1 triple per day in LL around 5400 trophies; I had many days with 0. I had been using hybrid for a long time but all the nerfs against queen walks added up and I was experimenting with yeti smash, dragons, zap lalo, etc.

Since the update I have switched to zap+supergiant+witches and I am getting generally 2-4 triples per day, with a few 5 and 6 triple days. The strategy can be stopped by specific base designs, but those are often weak against other popular strategies so I don’t find them that often. Thanks to this strategy my trophy range is now 5600-5700.

On the flip side, before the update I would usually give up 145-180 trophies per day on defense. Now it is usually 180 to 220. In fact, the first time I had 6 triples in one 1 day, I was tripled on defense 6 times the next day. Funny how things balance out that way.

Clearly SC heard the complaints about the triple rates for normal players and made an adjustment, maybe too much for some.

Personally I enjoy LL more than wars so my perspective is mostly about LL.
    Last edited by rvMatt; November 29th, 2020 at 06:06 PM.