Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: denounce

Fresh Spawn

denounce

One of the members of my community in the game has used ,unduly ,my farm's name to remove my leadership moving me down and taking my place?!How would someone enter in my account and ,if it was me,changing things there??
    How can I revert this situation? I want to make a denounce of this person and her farm.Where in this forum we can place denouces against bad members!!
    I appreciate if someone could help me!

Dear Pattcon,

Welcome to the Forum!

I can hear your distress, but I beg you to not even attempt to “denounce” the player. That will get you into trouble as it violates rule #1. of acceptable posting in the Forum. You can read the Forum posting rules here:

Main Forum Rules < READ!:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Rules-READ%21

Name and Shame is the description of what you want to do, and it is considered toxic posting, and unacceptable.

There is a feature that was added roughly a year ago, that if the leader hasn’t logged into the game for a while, another player is automatically promoted to the leadership position. This was done in response to leaders leaving the game, and leaving neighborhoods stranded in what they could do. It helped numerous neighborhoods, but also upset and angered leaders who were taking a break from the game. The thing to do is ask the current leader to appoint you now as co-leader, if you haven’t burned your bridges with the person in your rage at their “treachery” which was NOT their fault, if you’ve been away. They were assigned leadership by the game.

Hopefully a moderator or Lynn will stop by and add links to help you see the updated algorithms in the game that changed neighborhood leadership.

I know it’s disappointing, but please don’t rage against the player. This happened before, with a lot of similarly upset leaders. Unfortunately, not being a member of the forum earlier, you most likely weren’t aware of this. Just ask the leader or co-leaders to make you a co-leader. It’ll all work out. Worse case scenario, you might have to start a new NH and invite your close friends to join you there.

Good luck!
    Last edited by AsYouWish; November 26th, 2020 at 06:42 PM.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    ...Hopefully a moderator or Lynn will stop by and add links to help you see the updated algorithms in the game that changed neighborhood leadership...
    As you wish, AsYouWish. Always wanted to type that.

Team Hay Day introduced the demotion of inactive leader feature in 2018. But there was a bug which promoted a regular member to Leader instead of Coleader to Leader. Per Nick, Team Hay Day fixed it and it's working as intended.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11965344

If we are Leaders and don't want to lose our leadership status, then I suggest we log into game once every 30 days. If not, the game will demote the leader and promote the longest active Coleader in the neighborhood.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; November 27th, 2020 at 09:38 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    As you wish, AsYouWish. Always wanted to type that.

Thank you for the laughter, Lynn! I have always wanted to tell you how much I enjoy and treasure you. You are a font of knowledge of all things SC and enhance gameplay and the forum wonderfully. The generosity of your care and help for newbies and all players is lovely - you are an esteemed teacher. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Team Hay Day introduced the demotion of inactive leader feature in 2018. But there was a bug which promoted a regular member to Leader instead of Coleader to Leader. Per Nick, Team Hay Day fixed it and it's working as intended.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11965344

If we are Leaders and don't want to lose our leadership status, then I suggest we log into game once every 30 days. If not, the game will demote the leader and promote the longest active Coleader in the neighborhood.
    This is an excellent clarification, link and advice. Thank you for adding this, dearest LynnK2015!
    Last edited by AsYouWish; November 27th, 2020 at 11:42 AM.

The bug isnt fixed. i was exploring random NH's with and ended up leader of the two NH's just by joining. Game actually promoted the newest member to leader.

*The two NH's were almost full. Could it be i just stumbled upon two HNs where every member had been inactive for more than 30 days? So the last to join became the only eligible leader?
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; November 27th, 2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    The bug isnt fixed. i was exploring random NH's with and ended up leader of the two NH's just by joining. Game actually promoted the newest member to leader.

*The two NH's were almost full. Could it be i just stumbled upon two HNs where every member had been inactive for more than 30 days? So the last to join became the only eligible leader?
    Maybe you did find NHs where every member has been inactive for 30+ days. If all co-leaders are inactive, then the longest active elder gets the position, and if all elders are inactive, the longest active member gets it. If no members are active whoever joins next will get it afaik, I believe I have seen this happen in Clash of Clans as well (which has the same system).

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexatron225 View Post
    Maybe you did find NHs where every member has been inactive for 30+ days. If all co-leaders are inactive, then the longest active elder gets the position, and if all elders are inactive, the longest active member gets it. If no members are active whoever joins next will get it afaik, I believe I have seen this happen in Clash of Clans as well (which has the same system).
    No it doesn't.

In Clash of Clans, membership never goes to a plain member under this system. It can only go to co-leaders or elders.

AIUI, this is mainly to prevent people doing as the poster above did with Neighbourhoods and searching for dead clans to be automatically made leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No it doesn't.

In Clash of Clans, membership never goes to a plain member under this system. It can only go to co-leaders or elders.

AIUI, this is mainly to prevent people doing as the poster above did with Neighbourhoods and searching for dead clans to be automatically made leader.
    ... but for Hay Day it works differently then? Or has that bug never been fixed? Is anybody looking into this situation?

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    Thank you for the laughter, Lynn! I have always wanted to tell you how much I enjoy and treasure you. You are a font of knowledge of all things SC and enhance gameplay and the forum wonderfully. The generosity of your care and help for newbies and all players is lovely - you are an esteemed teacher. Thank you!
    You're welcome, AsYouWish. And thank you for the kind words. If I'm perceived as an esteemed teacher in the Supercell forums, it's because I've learned from awesome forumites including you. For example, the OP in this thread came in hot after losing his or her leadership position and you diffused the situation with your reply. When I see well-written and calm replies like yours, I refrain from replying because great replies is the last thing we should see in a specific thread, IMO.

But you mentioned my name in your post and I can't ignore your request for help any more than Batman could ignore the bat signal lighting up the Gotham skyline. To the bat mobile, Robin!

All kidding aside, my willingness to help other forumites is influenced heavily by this post written by a former forum moderator which I'm excerpting.

"We must remember, (especially those of us who have been forum members forever and have seen the same threads posted over and over again by new guys) that everyone has the right to post their question here, and deserve a helpful answer..."

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...334#post629733

Indeed, and thank you Tinkerbell for the advice. I endeavor to post helpful answers and hope others find them helpful. BTW, she also taught me how to multiquote and combine replies in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post

Sadly for many inactive leaders, the above scenario is plausible based on what I learned about development at Supercell. It's true the demotion bug was fixed in 2018, but it might've crept back in since we had several updates. I'll let Supercell Staff Darian who is the Clash of Clans Community Manager explain it the following excerpt of his post after someone thought that it should take ten minutes for developers to introduce a new unit in the game and the development process is easy.

"...3. Play Testing - So now we've got the data in the above mentioned spreadsheet. Now we need to put it into the dev build. So it's just as easy as dropping it in there right? Oh ho ho ho! No no no no. Every time we make a change to the game, we have to create a new build. Compiling builds takes a LOT of time. Not only this, but given that so many changes go into an update that we have to make sure none of the other things will break the build or interfere with compiling it. New change to the Supercell ID? Might not be ready yet so we have to delay putting a build together. Data analyst running user reports? We'll put the build together tomorrow so it doesn't mess up the database. There are things in development called branches and trunks but these are concepts, while important to development, may be a bit too high concept for this discussion. Notice we haven't actually gotten to the playtesting yet..."

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12654133

My takeaway is every time a game team changes something in its game, they don't just drop it in the game and must create a new build which takes a lot of time. Moreover, they must make certain the new build doesn't break existing things. When I apply this knowledge to Hay Day, I think it's possible that Team Hay Day fixed the demotion bug in 2018, but future updates since then somehow had reverted the corrections made in 2018. Let's hope Team Hay Day test for the demotion bug in the next update. Good luck Team Hay Day.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    ... but for Hay Day it works differently then? Or has that bug never been fixed? Is anybody looking into this situation?
    With this post, I'm turning on the bat signal. Are you seeing this, Nick? Gotham needs you.

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    November 27, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; November 28th, 2020 at 08:52 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Dearest Lynn, I was planning not to post after your perfect reply, but I can’t help myself. Being an early fan, and playing Batman with my trusty best friend Robin (at my side after school and on weekends), running through the neighborhood, fully caped with bath towels, your post with the hilarious cartoon at the end has me in stitches. So funny! My smile muscles are hurting, and I don’t dare drink or eat - or it’s all going out my nose. Thank you for the laughter!