Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Farm Pass Trial Season Feedback!

Centennial Club
    I would have like to experience for more than 24 hours... considering all the bugs with the new update. I wasn’t able to take advantage of all the perks. Ex: getting diamonds for hoodies There was a bug, then the farm pass had expired

Quote Originally Posted by Haydaycheats View Post
    We have 4 players in our neighborhood. 2 of were able to collect the diamonds, 2 were not able to collect them.
    I was working with support and getting suggestions then ”Sparky" took over the ticket and ended, basically saying to bad.
    So why would I ever consider paying to play a game when features don’t work and support ignores me?
    The name you picked doesn't really make your point in a positive way, it made me almost not even acknowledge your point.

In our hood we have the same: we finished the trial thingy but it was bye bye gems, they disappeared from the chat after several attempts to get them, from several accounts. No fun, and yes: a paid feature for which there apparently is no support? Thank you but no thanks

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    The name you picked doesn't really make your point in a positive way, it made me almost not even acknowledge your point.

In our hood we have the same: we finished the trial thingy but it was bye bye gems, they disappeared from the chat after several attempts to get them, from several accounts. No fun, and yes: a paid feature for which there apparently is no support? Thank you but no thanks
    I thought I read a quote from Nick saying the gem gift packs disappear after 24 hours? I hope they change that, but...

...not to something exactly like the one in Clash (where they roll off the chat and can be gone in five or ten minutes if two people are having a conversation), either.

In our HD hood, the ones we got first (which were part of the free trial anyway), weren’t able to be collected. When the issue was fixed, two more accounts used it, and I was able to collect both of those.

I’m hopeful that since they have it working now, it’ll be ok.

To be fair, no one paid for these two-gem packs anyway, so unless the problem persists, I don’t really understand how support can spend this much time trying to recover two (or a few) gems for every individual account that tried it. Maybe they’ll send Alfred with 10 for everyone. ?

(But was the fix for the problem collecting gems already connected to the maintenance break that we got 15 gems for, when the game was offline for a while more than usual?)

Edit: Will add more comments about the rest of the features when I get some more time later. Some good ideas mentioned already.
    Last edited by MommySnooks; November 26th, 2020 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post

yet you still replied!

Why I chose this user name...
    I bought diamonds from them and when I reported a bug they took them back and stopped answering my requests for help. The support person ["redacted by Forum Moderator"] was very rude and even turned off my ability to reach support for a while.
    I had to contact Apple App Store and shared all my screen captures with them. They agreed I paid and the diamonds were pulled back by Supercell. Thankfully Apple App Store credited my account.

so when they stop using the loyal players as unpaid beta testers and start charging real-world money for this broken "feature" people should be aware they take money, admit the game isn’t working and then ingore you when you want what you paid for but didn’t get.
    Last edited by Cowslips; November 28th, 2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Rule 19

Let’s be honest, Free trial = unpaid testers.
    They should hire more/qualified software testers if they cared about not angering the user base. But they don’t, and the product quality shows it.

So some people got to actually collect the gifted diamonds as well at the ones from the maintenance outage. Some loyal players only got just the maintenance diamonds, how is this fair?

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    I thought I read a quote from Nick saying the gem gift packs disappear after 24 hours? I hope they change that, but...
    ...not to something exactly like the one in Clash (where they roll off the chat and can be gone in five or ten minutes if two people are having a conversation), either.
    Chat wasn't busy ... we mostly communicate outside of the game ... The requests just went poof
    In our HD hood, the ones we got first (which were part of the free trial anyway), weren’t able to be collected. When the issue was fixed, two more accounts used it, and I was able to collect both of those.
    To be fair, no one paid for these two-gem packs anyway, so unless the problem persists, I don’t really understand how support can spend this much time trying to recover two (or a few) gems for every individual account that tried it. Maybe they’ll send Alfred with 10 for everyone. ?
    It was a trial thing, so I'm not going to bother support for those gems. I saw here there was a topic about it and wanted to add my two gems (oh wait, two cents heheh) ...

I loved the Farm Pass, and am looking forward to the next one.

Thank you for the diamond gifting - that is an unexpected and lovely gift to your players.
    What a delight to be able to have 2 extra production slots on my Dairy and Sugar machines!
    I really appreciated the extra Valley fuel spin.
    The extra WOF spin will be particularly nice during a permit WOF event.

Since I’ve not been playing the Derby for a while, some of the perks weren’t utilized, but they looked like great ideas for those who play. If I do the Derby again, I will really appreciate the extra boat helps. In regular play, the helps were most appreciated by our lower level, younger NH member.

I had difficulty starting the Farm Pass. Tapping on the Chicken Coop did nothing, I actually had to hop the handcart to Town to initiate the Farm Pass. I hope the startup will be easier and more straightforward next time.

I love the chicks, and look forward to having them play on my farm. I don’t mind the little chick walking the path, and the balloons lifting the babies up - it’s playful and cute, chasing away some of the lockdown seriousness of life.

I hope there will be a lot of fun, unusual, lovely apparel choices to mix and match. I enjoy the sense of humor and play for the animals.

Doing tasks was pleasant, I enjoyed the varied selection and the ease of most high-value tasks (no stress). Often the tasks filled my tightly-packed barn. Because of this, gathering EMs along the road turned out to be problematic for me. I was excited to be able to get a few of my shortfall EMs as a reward. I was crushed to discover that even though I tapped on, for example screws, and they lifted up (presumably to my barn), a task I had taken maxed out my barn storage without my realizing it, and rather than the game keeping the extra screws for me (as in the Town or fishing nets that temporarily exceed storage), the screws were not added, but were lost forever (as when wheating or feeding pets - no drops). Please, I beg you to change that, so we can keep the items from the Farm Pass road.

I deeply appreciate the permit, and am hopeful there will be several obtainable during each Farm Pass season! Thank you!

More ideas later, but mostly want to thank you and say I enjoyed the Farm Pass. It’s a lovely feature added to a great game.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; November 26th, 2020 at 06:23 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    ...To be fair, no one paid for these two-gem packs anyway, so unless the problem persists, I don’t really understand how support can spend this much time trying to recover two (or a few) gems for every individual account that tried it. Maybe they’ll send Alfred with 10 for everyone. ?
    This trial run of an abbreviated Farm Pass Season has revealed that some players were unable to claim diamonds from hoodmates who unlocked the gifting perk.

But next Tuesday, we must pay for the Farm Pass so that we may gift diamonds to our hoodmates. I hope Team Hay Day has resolved the gifting issues with the latest optional update because the trial run results didn't inspire me to buy the Farm Pass in December.

A few years ago, Team Clash Royale introduced the Gold Pass including the gifting gems to clanmates. IIRC, there were no hiccups.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

I enjoyed the Farm Pass. For some reason I had it in my head that this was going to be a paid-only feature once the free trial is over, but it seems that isn't the case?

As someone else said further up the thread -- this is really how I pictured the valley when Supercell was first hyping it up in their vague promos at the beginning. LOL! It's simple, straightforward, and fairly easy to hit all the tasks. Plus, the diamond gifts mean your hard work will spread goodwill with your whole neighborhood. It was maybe a bit too simple but from what I've seen I fully anticipate Supercell making it more difficult in future seasons. (and, let's be honest, I'm grateful that you guys started with "too easy" this time instead of "too hard" like when you debuted the valley -- I'm still bitter to this day that I had over 380 chickens and didn't get a valley truck deco.)

I really enjoyed the extra slots on the machines and the ability to choose.
    I enjoyed flagging an extra boat crate -- I didn't feel like giving up more of my blue hats and posted it away in the paper and it was filled in seconds. I can see that on a slower day it'll be more of a problem, especially when someone uses it to flag 75% of a stupid sugar and cream boat rather than sending the darn thing away.
    I never really understood flagging truck orders -- why ask for help when you can delete it and get a new one in 30 minutes? I saw a lot of people using it, though, so I believe it was widely appreciated.
    I enjoyed the diamonds -- want to complain about how difficult it was to accept them, but it looks like that issue was sorted for the most part.
    I forgave Supercell for all the maintenance breaks and bugs when Alfred brought me 20 diamonds, but kinda sorta took back that forgiveness when I opened one of the giant supermassive red trunks and it only had 5 diamonds (when those are supposed to have 25.)
    It was really hard to figure out how to accept the Farm Pass on iPhone -- as some other players said, it took turning on in-app purchases to get it to go through. If you do more free Farm Pass seasons in the future, I think there needs to be a better workaround, especially if you think that a fair amount of your player base might be children who do not have the ability to turn this feature on.

All in all, it was a fairly good first run!

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by KSmith69 View Post
    I enjoyed the Farm Pass. For some reason I had it in my head that this was going to be a paid-only feature once the free trial is over, but it seems that isn't the case?
    If players think the Farm Pass will remain free after the trial run, then Team Hay Day has done an amHayzing and farmtastic job of marketing the Farm Pass to its players, IMO.

All kidding aside, Clash of Clans and Clash Royale introduced a similar version of the Farm Pass a few years ago with two paths: a free path and a paid path for $4.99 (in real monies not diamonds) to American players. Please note that the price varies from country to country.

Though the free path allowed me to upgrade more stuff more often than before, I didn't buy CoC's Battle Pass because I don't have time to be an active Clasher and I prefer to be a casual Clasher. If I were to change my mind and would like to become more active, then I'd buy the Battle Pass because it's a great deal. Other Clashers think so too because per CoC Game Lead Eino in a public presentation to his fellow developers, players who bought the BP became repeat customers.

I hope Team Hay Day will achieve similar success with the Farm Pass, and the game will experience a renaissance like Clash of Clans.

Sources: https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1899248-GDC-2020-Talk-Battle-Pass-Eino?p=12543008&viewfull=1#post12543008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9J...ature=youtu.be

EDIT: Given today is Thanksgiving Day, I must bow in shame for almost forgetting to say the following.

Thank you to the players for supporting the game financially in ways I cannot and will not and permitting me to continue to be a F2P player. I give you a thousand thanks and I'm bowing in gratitude.

Last edited by LynnK2015; November 27th, 2020 at 10:09 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093