Thread: The Same Base Design over and over

The Same Base Design over and over

At around 5000 trophies the same base design is being used in probably over 70% of the matches. This leads me to conclude that something needs to happen in the next update in order to encourage better/more diverse base designs.

I can tell you that attacking the same anti 2 star base over and over is getting really, really old.

Then u should be 3 starring a those bases by now. This is an advantage for u.

How exactly would Supercell restrict certain base designs exactly or encourage a diversity of bases?
    Last edited by LemonCream099; November 25th, 2020 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCream099 View Post
    Then u should be 3 starring a those bases by now. This is an advantage for u.
    Not a helpful response, and if it were true we would be flooded with threads complaining about 100% ties in BB. Also, the OP didn't say there was a problem attacking them, only that seeing the same base so often was getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCream099 View Post
    How exactly would Supercell restrict certain base designs exactly or encourage a diversity of bases?
    There's lots of ways they could do it without expressly forbidding certain base designs. To OP's point, almost every design uses open walls to path ground troops around the outside and then directly into a crusher. These designs are mostly due to the walls being in 5-wall segments. You could allow the walls to be used as single-wall chunks, or maybe at least a percentage of walls to be used this way. This could lead to some base diversity. You could add an air mode to the battle machine, and force bases to actually defend against a hero in air attacks instead of just pathing it around.

Yes, these would all have side effects, and yes, it is unlikely we'll see this type of change anytime soon (or, any type of big change really, they've said BB development is on the back burner for now).

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

3 things contribute to this in my opinion.
    1. Wall pieces. The 5 piece sections limit creativity. This was a deliberate design choice if I recall to make it simpler.
    2. Small number of buildings to work with. Again, its the simple base.
    3. Many in the 5k plus range are maxed and have been for quite some time. If your base works to get the daily pass points and for clan games, what incentive is there to work at developing a new base?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Beachdude67 View Post
    At around 5000 trophies the same base design is being used in probably over 70% of the matches. This leads me to conclude that something needs to happen in the next update in order to encourage better/more diverse base designs.

I can tell you that attacking the same anti 2 star base over and over is getting really, really old.
    Which design is it?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

It difficult to describe, but it's the big rectangular base with the builder hall in the center.

In practice, over 5000 trophies, there are just 3 basic base designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachdude67 View Post
    It difficult to describe, but it's the big rectangular base with the builder hall in the center.

In practice, over 5000 trophies, there are just 3 basic base designs.
    R2d2/bracket base. Asymmetrical square with odd pathing to get to core. Diamond base. Very slight variants on those 3.
    Last edited by Piper139; November 26th, 2020 at 09:56 PM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22