Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Restarting bug

Centennial Club

Nick/Supercell - You owe your player base an update on the Restart Bug

First, this has been going on for months, when can players expect this to be resolved?

Second, is it that this bug is only affecting a small portion of your player base, given the relatively low number of complaints? Is that why this issue is not being resolved?

Third, how many players have just stopped playing because of this bug? For most video games, a problem like this would sink the game.

Centennial Club
    Given the relatively small amount of posts in this thread, this has me wondering if the restart bug is only affecting a small portion of the playerbase.

If that were the case, it may not be worth SCs resources to actually fix it.

Perhaps they've just written those players off rather than fix the problem.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by nukeman235 View Post
    Given the relatively small amount of posts in this thread, this has me wondering if the restart bug is only affecting a small portion of the playerbase.

If that were the case, it may not be worth SCs resources to actually fix it.

Perhaps they've just written those players off rather than fix the problem.
    Sadly, I must consider the possibility of the above scenario. BTW, I think it's reasonable to assume that every Supercell game has a Game Tester on its team. We know about their responsibilities as described by Team Brawlstars in a recent job announcement for a Game Tester:

Our game teams are focused on building great games that will be played by many players for many years. Every part of the game, from design to code, needs to be top quality in order to reach this goal. Our developers do everything they can to deliver, but we believe it’s essential to complement the team with someone who is laser-focused on, and fully devoted to, quality and player experience.

As a Game Tester at Supercell, your main focus is to improve the quality of the game both from the player's perspective and from the software development perspective. You develop and maintain the testing of our games and produce lists of things that can improve them, from bug reports to experience feedback. We are now looking for a Game Tester to join the Brawl Stars team but during your time at Supercell, you might also work with some other games.

If you are a passionate Game Tester with good design sense, this is your chance to take on the Game Tester responsibilities in a QA team that makes it possible to run our games for hundreds of millions of players around the globe every month.

Responsibilities

• Design, develop and apply testing processes for our games to improve game quality and player experience
    • Plan and execute tests against requirements
    • Manage external vendors to help scale the capability of testing
    • Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies

Requirements

• Strong hands-on experience in testing games – we want a person who loves to do the hard work
    • Good knowledge of iOS and Android ecosystems, experience in testing games for both platforms
    • Experienced and comfortable working in multi-role production teams
    • Good understanding and love towards F2P games and game design
    • Reliable team player who is able to work independently and take responsibility
    • Ability to multitask and keep calm under pressure
    • Great communication skills

https://supercell.com/en/careers/gam...-stars/641758/
    Last edited by LynnK2015; April 7th, 2021 at 11:00 PM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

This is ridiculous.

Game crashes almost every time I try to go to town. Managed to get there one time today.

Huawei T5 with android 8.

I was having the same problem on my kindles, so I thought it was the kindle and bought a Samsung Tab A7 and the problem is WORSE. I really don't get it.
    Latest version of Android is installed
    You guys need to fix this!!!

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanza View Post
    I was having the same problem on my kindles, so I thought it was the kindle and bought a Samsung Tab A7 and the problem is WORSE. I really don't get it.
    Latest version of Android is installed
    You guys need to fix this!!!
    First of all, thank you Ravanza for sharing the above shocking story. I'm stunned that you're experiencing chronic restarts even after playing Hay Day on a device which is about eight months old.

I've looked at the specifications for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7: It runs on Android 10 with 32GB storage and 3GB RAM, which should be more than enough to run Hay Day.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...020)-10411.php

I don't know what's going on if playing on a relatively new device doesn't fix the chronic restarts. Sadly for those affected by the restarts, the solution to this issue is still eluding Team Hay Day since the November 2020 update. And please note this thread was started on November 25, 2020.

I don't work in mobile app development, but if I were a developer, I would be worried if my creation is causing performance issues on a popular brand used by many players and would be laser-focused on solving the issue instead of allowing the open wound to fester, IMO.

I must reiterate that I play Supercell games and non-Supercell games on a Samsung Tab A running Android 9 and experience chronic restarts only while playing HD. So it isn't me, it's you Hay Day!

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    April 11, 2021
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:43 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

I have to say this is quite concerning that they have yet to find a solution for the restarting bug. I went thru a similar issue as Ravanza said. I previously owned an Amazon fire. The restarting was happening often, and being my tablet was a few years old, I upgraded to the Galaxy tab A7 Model SM - T500, it has 64GB of storage and 3GB of RAM. The only program on my device that has issues is HAY DAY. The newest version of Android is currently installed and there's no change.

It's very frustrating, especially when you have multiple farms and you're trying to do anything not on the home screen. My entire Neighborhood experiences this issue every day, and a few of our teammates have stopped playing because of it. I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication from SC. Hopefully they will have this issue fixed by the next update.
    Last edited by RescueSquad15; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:20 AM.

I was hopeful that when a maintenance break was occurring that this glitch would be fixed. But nope. It is not. I logged back into the game, it updated, & I was playing no more than 5 minutes and boom! The game restarted once again. It is a frustrating glitch, to say the least.
    * Level 157 Farm named TerriB's 100 Acre Woods.
    * I my NH, Fishing Event, Blossom Derby, my farm bunnies, the rewards from The Farm Pass, and filling town orders.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #89
    On the Forum until the lights are turned off
    I hardly dare say it but (fingers and toes crossed) I haven't had any restarts since the update.

I do hope this is the case for everyone else. Thank you, Team Hay Day, for your tenacity in tracking down this particularly elusive bug.

Hay Day level 205 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    I hardly dare say it but (fingers and toes crossed) I haven't had any restarts since the update.

I do hope this is the case for everyone else. Thank you, Team Hay Day, for your tenacity in tracking down this particularly elusive bug.
    I am happy that your problem (reloading) seems to have gotten better after the update - for now.

The game is reloading app. every 5 minutes, worse than the situation before the update (new generation device). I have asked my NH for my farm that I am not playing with anymore = 29 members are experiencing the restating bug worse after the update. So, I do not think that there is something to thank (except solving your problem). It truly is a shame, they cannot figure it out for months.
    Last edited by Lily77; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:27 PM.