Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Timing for Bunny derby not correct this derby!

  1. #1
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    41

    Timing for Bunny derby not correct this derby!

    The bunny timer showed another bunny time would start in a certain length of time. I set a timer so I wouldnít get busy and miss it. When I returned a minute before bunny time should have started, it was already on to another 1 hour, 29 minutes till the next derby. I started another timer for 1 hour and 28 minutes to be sure and be in time for the bunny derby to be on time to take a task, and when I checked into the derby, it said 12 hours and some minutes till the next bunny derby! No chance two different times to take a task. Really a twelve hour delay between tasks? Whatís going on? Anyone else have problems with this?

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    There have always been some issues with the timer values shown, for the first part of your question.

    For the second part, each bunny can only start at or after a certain point in the derby, and so if you finish a bunny quickly, there can be a long gap until the next one appears.

    We've had over a day between bunnies in the past.

  3. #3
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    41
    Iíve never had this happen before! Really shocked me to have to wait so long. Itís always been 1 hour and 29 minutes in all previous derbies.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannydl View Post
    I’ve never had this happen before! Really shocked me to have to wait so long. It’s always been 1 hour and 29 minutes in all previous derbies.
    You might want to read meonhoc's sticky thread about bunny derby rules. It's really comprehensive and detailed.

  5. #5
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Georgia-USA
    Posts
    561
    That is odd! We have never been blessed with that!

    We have found that the first bunny will come when some one takes the first task. If you start on Tuesday, the 2nd comes on Wednesday and the third on Friday..

    There is a funky thing with the time though... we call it the early bunny. (We are not technical! Lol) the early bunny comes 100 minutes before the scheduled time.

    Using USA eastern time early bunny times:
    Bunny 1- Tuesday whenever the first task is taken. (The first tasks triggers the bunny but does NOT count as a bunny task)
    Bunny 2- Wednesday afternoon right about 2:45ish
    Bunny3- Friday afternoon about 1:50ish

    Kathy

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post
    That is odd! We have never been blessed with that!

    We have found that the first bunny will come when some one takes the first task. If you start on Tuesday, the 2nd comes on Wednesday and the third on Friday..

    There is a funky thing with the time though... we call it the early bunny. (We are not technical! Lol) the early bunny comes 100 minutes before the scheduled time.

    Using USA eastern time early bunny times:
    Bunny 1- Tuesday whenever the first task is taken. (The first tasks triggers the bunny but does NOT count as a bunny task)
    Bunny 2- Wednesday afternoon right about 2:45ish
    Bunny3- Friday afternoon about 1:50ish

    Kathy
    That is absolutely consistent with meonhoc's sticky - Which says for Eastern USA time, 2nd bunny at 14:48 on Wednesday, third bunny 13:51 on Friday.

  7. #7
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post
    That is odd! We have never been blessed with that!

    We have found that the first bunny will come when some one takes the first task. If you start on Tuesday, the 2nd comes on Wednesday and the third on Friday..

    There is a funky thing with the time though... we call it the early bunny. (We are not technical! Lol) the early bunny comes 100 minutes before the scheduled time.

    Using USA eastern time early bunny times:
    Bunny 1- Tuesday whenever the first task is taken. (The first tasks triggers the bunny but does NOT count as a bunny task)
    Bunny 2- Wednesday afternoon right about 2:45ish
    Bunny3- Friday afternoon about 1:50ish

    Kathy
    Hi emailkathy2016,

    Bunny 1 does NOT come "whenever the firs task is taken." That depends when the first task is taken. The official time is Tuesday 9:13AM ET (2:13pm UTC), or pretty close toit. But, if anyone who opted in for the derby is on the farm in the window 100 min before this time, the bunny can come early. 100min early would be 7:33AM ET (12:33PM UTC). My NH chat would make the announcement to those who opted in that bunny is here. If none of those opted in were on the farm in that period (12:33pm to 2:13pm UTC), bunny will come at the appointed time.

    Grannydl, when you logged in at the appointed time and it tells you to wait another 1h 29 min, it's because somebody else had been there within that window and the first bunny arrived early.
    At first I thought we can be on the farm and just not touch the Derby Box, but apparently just being on the farm could trigger the early arrival....and remember it's not just you, it could be triggered by anyone who opted in.

  8. #8
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Posts
    582
    The first task taken is always non-bunny, so I time it to complete the first task before the first bunny arrival, so that when the bunny arrives I am ready for it.

  9. #9
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Georgia-USA
    Posts
    561
    For us.... say, Tuesday morning at 7:00 we start trashing but don't take any tasks. The board always says take a task, but we don't. There are usually just 2 of us opted in. We don't actually start until Friday afternoon. Then when the first task it taken it doesn't count, but all 3 bunnies come right after each other.

  10. #10
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    104
    Seems very smart when you just aim at 3 bunnies. Your chances to place, let alone Gold are low imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post
    For us.... say, Tuesday morning at 7:00 we start trashing but don't take any tasks. The board always says take a task, but we don't. There are usually just 2 of us opted in. We don't actually start until Friday afternoon. Then when the first task it taken it doesn't count, but all 3 bunnies come right after each other.
    Llabyrint (#8LLQJVC0J) Time zone UTC +1;
    level 118; town level 31;Kwpfarms farmer; barn and silo always full

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •