Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bad placement of accessories button

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    I hope SC takes notice of the number of old codgers posting here! I’m the new kid on the block: Mary—January 2013, Cricks—May 2013, Gymgirl—June 2013, meonhos—June 2013, Momscar—January 2014, sjtyson—February 2014. We’re not asking for anything fancy or new. We are used to making adjustments in our game play when it makes sense. However, the things mentioned in this thread don’t make practical sense. People have complained about the pet-naming “feature” since it was introduced. It is a daily pain in the horse’s hindquarters. Just because we quit complaining about it doesn’t mean we aren’t still patiently hoping that the team will surprise us with a fix as one of the “player requests” that Nick always lists in the updates. We’re ready!
    I completely agree! They’ve totally ignored is for so long on the runaway pets naming feature that we just gave up. This is why I don’t expect them to care about the terrible placement of the trash button on the trucks or the accessories button the animals. They’ve ignored us for so long, why would they start caring now?

As others have said, on the trucks, that farm pass icon can go anywhere else. There is no reason it has to crowd together the trash and truck buttons. It’s like the deliberately want to make things harder for us! Same as others have said for the accessories on the animals. It needs to be on the second page like the send townies away. Or make it only work in edit mode.

Who knows, maybe they will change their mind and start caring about these things one day.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperdulia View Post

...They’ve ignored us for so long, why would they start caring now?...

...Who knows, maybe they will change their mind and start caring about these things one day.
    Supercell does care, and does listen, as you've noted on this thread:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12716479

By the very nature of it, changes take time.

Hay Day level 196 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Supercell does care, and does listen, as you've noted on this thread:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12716479

By the very nature of it, changes take time.
    Yes, you are right. It does appear that they do indeed listen. I guess then my problem is the communication. We raised the issue of the runaway pets for so long and never heard anything from them that I can recall. At least tell us “no” or some acknowledgement. Same for the peanuts. They “fixed” the peanut problem with a maintenance break that make collecting them twice as long. It seems like they could have fixed the visitors asking for them at the same time. It would have helped if they just said, “Hey, we know the visitors aren’t asking for them. That needs an update to fix so we hope to fix it in the next update.”

And I can understand the changes take time, but communicating with us doesn’t take that much time.

So again, you are right, I shouldn’t say they don’t listen or care. My complaint is that it can seem that way when they are silent to our repeated requests. Even a “ruled out for now” is better than seeming like we are being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    I completely agree too. I can see trucks being accidentally sent off in the future.
    I agree too.

1. The accessories button is better in the second page
    2. Trash and send truck so near. The "Farm pass" icon is better to be middle, and trash and send truck button placed as before.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks for the feedback! I have forwarded your request, but that's all I can do and say. Whenever a UI element is changed, it feels weird to begin with, but usually we get used to it after a while. Think about operating systems (both phone and computer). They change now and then and when they do, it feels wrong because your muscle-memory isn't used to it. When it gets used to it, rolling back would feel again odd. Human behaviour!

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Random ramblings @slusse on Twitter: https://twitter.com/slusse

For support related questions please reach out to our support team from within the game, or this link!

Centennial Club
    I agree with Nick! It's habits, everything takes a while to get used to it. For example, the pan brush next to the feed button. The first day i found it disturbing but on the second day I have more or less gotten used to it. The third day and forward it's not bothering me anymore. It all takes times to adjust to new thing!

Also, we have to give time for the team to make changes. It is about writing programming codes, testing, not working/glitches happens then fixing, discussion then brain storming, then fixing again and again, It's not like you buy groceries from supermarket, if you don't like that one you just put back or return the goods. It's not that simple.

I hope everyone can be patient and if you are not happy with the game, just don't play. It could be that it's not a game for you.

Thanks, Nick for passing on our concerns. Yes, we get used to the changes. However, some create a permanent inconvenience that make it necessary for us to be more careful than before. Some are seriously annoying like the pet naming fiasco.

purpleclove, with respect, please note that seven of us who have replied to this thread have been farming for a minimum of six and a half years based on our forum posts. This is the game for us. We love it. We love the forum, too. It is the venue where we can depend on Nick to pass the word even if he can’t reply to every suggestion.

Farm Level 136 | Town 44 | Achievements 147/150

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Thanks, Nick for passing on our concerns. Yes, we get used to the changes. However, some create a permanent inconvenience that make it necessary for us to be more careful than before. Some are seriously annoying like the pet naming fiasco.

purpleclove, with respect, please note that seven of us who have replied to this thread have been farming for a minimum of six and a half years based on our forum posts. This is the game for us. We love it. We love the forum, too. It is the venue where we can depend on Nick to pass the word even if he can’t reply to every suggestion.

Minigarderner, it's not with disrespect. My apologies if it makes you think so. I'm just pointing out to some players that not all things are mandate to be changed. Somethings are just good to have, but not mandatory. Feedback is one thing, but understand that there are way too many little details that need to be to taken care of. I am amazed that The support team is still caring for everyone's concerns and suggestions! Kudos to Supercell.

I have been playing HayDay when it was just mere three months old and i have been very grateful that it is still around, implementing new stuff to make the games more exciting.

To clarify my point: I'm okay with changes, not with bad UI design (ergonomically).

For example: the current sorting of tokens value of Valley shops is very hard to read (by value instead of by colour) and processing (calculus). I dislike it with passion. I no longer staring at those to do the math of how many tokens I still need to earn. I use my own external tool now.

"Trash order" and "Send truck order" don't have the same size after the changes and there is no double confirm. During eaxhbseason, for free players, the chicks button will be clickable and will open a big pop up every time. I'm not sure sending multiple trucks at once would be more comfortable with the current changes.

The team avoided, in the past, to slow down player experience with too many pop up for diamond corfirmation. I'm pretty sure sending a truck order that we don't mean too could slow players down and would be very annoying.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 150♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    To clarify my point: I'm okay with changes, not with bad UI design (ergonomically).
    This. Exactly.

It is the “many little details” that make gameplay either easier and more efficient or harder (and promote accidental mistakes). I appreciate the team’s creativity and look forward to what they come up with to amaze and delight us—features far beyond anything we farmers dreamed up in our Suggestions forum. However, I also depend on the team to keep the everyday game functioning efficiently with small improvements that reveal themselves as wise changes. My favorite example is how the “collect” and “feed” buttons on the farm animals turn grey when completed. Because I like to place my pens in the shade of trees, I used to have to count as I collected and fed to make sure I hadn’t missed anyone. The “little detail” of the greyed-out icon is a daily blessing. It isn’t even something we asked for. I depend on the team to balance improvements that enhance the “resource management” goal. To me, this doesn’t mean speeding up the game. It does mean keeping play positive and minimizing the risk of “gotcha” moments where I say, “I thought I was being careful, I didn’t mean to do that!” (Chopping down original trees.)
    Last edited by MiniGardener; November 28th, 2020 at 06:19 PM.

Farm Level 136 | Town 44 | Achievements 147/150