Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bad placement of accessories button

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    This. Exactly.

It is the “many little details” that make gameplay either easier and more efficient or harder (and promote accidental mistakes). I appreciate the team’s creativity and look forward to what they come up with to amaze and delight us—features far beyond anything we farmers dreamed up in our Suggestions forum. However, I also depend on the team to keep the everyday game functioning efficiently with small improvements that reveal themselves as wise changes. My favorite example is how the “collect” and “feed” buttons on the farm animals turn grey when completed. Because I like to place my pens in the shade of trees, I used to have to count as I collected and fed to make sure I hadn’t missed anyone. The “little detail” of the greyed-out icon is a daily blessing. It isn’t even something we asked for. I depend on the team to balance improvements that enhance the “resource management” goal. To me, this doesn’t mean speeding up the game. It does mean keeping play positive and minimizing the risk of “gotcha” moments where I say, “I thought I was being careful, I didn’t mean to do that!” (Chopping down original trees.)
    Well said.

I’d also like to add my “vote” to those who said they’d like to see the dress-up icon on a second “page” or something, and the chick icon could be a tiny bit smaller, the trash can a bit bigger, and/or moved over from the task button, maybe the chicks in the middle? Idk. That’s one of those things the team will ultimately come up with a better solution for than I can think of, if it’s a problem for many others as well. There are often little surprises that I enjoy in these games (that sometimes I don’t realize until they happen) how much of a difference it makes. QoL tweaks—woohoo!

(And hopefully the hanger icon means there will be more than hats coming, eventually, haha.)

That said, I didn’t really feel I got enough of a sense of the pass/perks, etc. from the short time they were in play, to comment on them much. I would have liked to see the trial go right until the end of the month, but I suppose they needed time if they wanted to make some adjustments before starting a full season at the beginning of December. (?)

The perks/challenges will always be of different use to people depending on level, playstyle, what you like to do most in the game, etc., so it will be a matter of experimentation. I’m sure they have more up their sleeves than we’ve seen in this short time.

I do hope they vary it enough and as someone said, have some extras so you can skip some you really don’t want to do yet still get full rewards. (Like I still wish they’d have a bit more leeway in the valley, when I miss out a couple of spaces because there were no “x” tasks near me when I was able to be on that day, so can’t get to the end. It’s disappointing because there really isn’t anything I can do about it.)

With the pass in Clash there are several “extras” though. It encourages activity and provides flexibility at the same time. I’m hoping that is the case for this one, as well.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    This. Exactly.

It is the “many little details” that make gameplay either easier and more efficient or harder (and promote accidental mistakes). I appreciate the team’s creativity and look forward to what they come up with to amaze and delight us—features far beyond anything we farmers dreamed up in our Suggestions forum. However, I also depend on the team to keep the everyday game functioning efficiently with small improvements that reveal themselves as wise changes. My favorite example is how the “collect” and “feed” buttons on the farm animals turn grey when completed. Because I like to place my pens in the shade of trees, I used to have to count as I collected and fed to make sure I hadn’t missed anyone. The “little detail” of the greyed-out icon is a daily blessing. It isn’t even something we asked for. I depend on the team to balance improvements that enhance the “resource management” goal. To me, this doesn’t mean speeding up the game. It does mean keeping play positive and minimizing the risk of “gotcha” moments where I say, “I thought I was being careful, I didn’t mean to do that!” (Chopping down original trees.)
    you are so right MG. That feed icon is great and I can remember well when we did not have a diamond confirmation button. I have already had some near misses with the truck trash and send icons. The pet naming issues especially annoying when I am feeding my horses whose stables are shaded by trees. I am an Australian, we seek shade

Farm Level 193. Town 59.😊
    Please PM for farm ID.