Thread: [IDEA] Please Supercell, do something about the seige machine queue system

[IDEA] Please Supercell, do something about the seige machine queue system

In my seige machine camp, I cook and take one each of WW, Slammer & SB and in my CC I take a blimp with me to farm.

I do this so I have 1 each of the seige machines and can use whichever is best suited to the base I'm about to attack.

The problem for me is, if I have a SB first in my seige machine workshop queue but the base I'm about to attack is better suited to a WW, and I use the WW I end up with 2 x SB in my seige workshop camp.

When this happens, I either have go into next raid without a WW or delete an SB and then have to cook 2x seiges.

To me, this is really bad because of both the time and gold required to replace 2 seiges. It feels like a tax for wanting all options when needed.

I propose that supercell either pause the release of the queued seige until after returning from the the raid but before a new army has been loaded to cook or to simply replace the seige used. Either option, to me, is better than the current setup.

Again, this wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the cost + time involved in replacing 2 seige machines.

Lastly, I have 11 walls and my account is 100% maxed again and this won't really matter in a day or so unless I choose to compete in Legend League, in which case, this issue will persistently keep happening.

Does the community have any thoughts on this?

This is the exact same issue and donating when it comes from your primary queue, the overflow ruins your now primary queue. For instance if I have 7 electro and 22 balloons, I donate an electro or 7 balloons and then I end up with way to many of one of them, unless I reorganize the 2nd queue to suit what I'm donating. It's grief. Also applies to farming armies, if you don't use all troops as I seldom do and my war queue is directly behind.. guess I'm wasting elixr

A simple "release" on all secondary queues solves this, same applies to spells too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    This is the exact same issue and donating when it comes from your primary queue, the overflow ruins your now primary queue. For instance if I have 7 electro and 22 balloons, I donate an electro or 7 balloons and then I end up with way to many of one of them, unless I reorganize the 2nd queue to suit what I'm donating. It's grief. Also applies to farming armies, if you don't use all troops as I seldom do and my war queue is directly behind.. guess I'm wasting elixr

A simple "release" on all secondary queues solves this, same applies to spells too.
    It's not so "simple". Read this post from a few days ago:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12712477

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    It's not so "simple". Read this post from a few days ago:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12712477
    Lol, where does your post explain this? You're essentially saying the same thing? Either way a mechanism to hold and release the 2nd queue..

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Lol, where does your post explain this? You're essentially saying the same thing? Either way a mechanism to hold and release the 2nd queue..
    Yes, its the same thing. I would have linked the same thread if he didn't do it first. Why regurgitate when you can share the same discussion. The only difference is the stated problem being applied to troops/spells vs siege machines. Same problem, same proposed solutions in that thread. Don't understand your response at all...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiclasher View Post
    ... unless I choose to compete in Legend League, in which case, this issue will persistently keep happening.

Does the community have any thoughts on this?
    First off, I do agree that a better system could be implemented, no disagreement from me. People in the past have proposed methods for "queue to camp" management. Applies to troops, spells and siege machines. And yes, I have had too destroy troops, spells and sieges which "accidently snuck into the camps".

That said, like you, I carry all four into battle and dynamically switch dependent upon base. I am, and have been for many months, in Legends. I simply do not brew a siege machine in advance since I have no way to know which one I will be using. After an attack, only then do I cook a replacement. Granted, one Siege takes 20 minutes, but my troops and heroes take longer than that! So I have to wait about an hour for troops, can brew 3 sieges in that time!

Now agreeably not "brewing in advance" impacts my ability to cook "for donation sieges". Those I handle "after the fact". For example, if someone requested a Blimp, I may make them wait until after I attack. If I did not use the Blimp, will then give it to them. If I did, then they simply have to wait 20 minutes.

So anyway, as noted, I would like to see an improved system to be able to donate quicker. But the current system is not a reason to avoid Legends.
    Last edited by rowman; November 24th, 2020 at 02:30 PM.

I posted the same problem about 1 week ago. Simple solution is to just have the seige machine training que 4 spaces. Would be able to hold all 4 any any 1 time.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1931029-Seige-workshop-training-que
    Last edited by Coinspinner; November 24th, 2020 at 10:42 PM.

I really don’t see why (if available) the first troops/spells/siege Machine that feed in will always be the ones used from the last attack..
    so I have cooked Stone Slammer, Blimp, Siege Barracks... if I use the SS, the SS always is the one that feeds in.
    I’m my last hit I just did, I used the blimp, this was last the the backup queue, so didn’t feed in... I got the WW which was next in line... this seems like something I’m sure a coding tweak could fix.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 CWL: Masters III Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 37 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 33 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: L25 | Max Trophies: 5400+

Quote Originally Posted by Coinspinner View Post
    I posted the same problem about 1 week ago. Simple solution is to just have the seige machine training que 4 spaces. Would be able to hold all 4 any any 1 time.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...p-training-que
    Holding four would not really fix this problem, as there is no guarantee still that the one feeding in to your four will be the one used in that last hit.
    You are still likely to end up with 2 of one type in the four and you use one.
    Last edited by vansimon; November 24th, 2020 at 11:21 PM.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 CWL: Masters III Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 37 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 33 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: L25 | Max Trophies: 5400+