Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A Cwl Rework Post World finals....

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    78
    I would follow up on this proposal with a little clearer things. The CWL lacks the Legend League, which has 3 levels of Legend 3 2 and 1 on all three levels.The rewards are the same for all three levels. The World Cup would be determined in Legend 1. The whole legend league would be restarted annually in Legend 3. This did not damage the medal clan, and it would help in the annual fight for the world champion
    Last edited by PavleBiber; November 25th, 2020 at 08:51 PM.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PavleBiber View Post
    I would follow up on this proposal with a little clearer things. The CWL lacks the Legend League, which has 3 levels of Legend 3 2 and 1 on all three levels.The rewards are the same for all three levels. The World Cup would be determined in Legend 1. The whole legend league would be restarted annually in Legend 3. This did not damage the medal clan, and it would help in the annual fight for the world champion
    We don't currently have a Legends League for CWL, and there is no indication from Supercell that they might be considering adding one.

    But just what benefit would this idea bring, even if we did have a Legend League for CWL?

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We don't currently have a Legends League for CWL, and there is no indication from Supercell that they might be considering adding one.

    But just what benefit would this idea bring, even if we did have a Legend League for CWL?
    I think it would make it easier to compete with clans that have reached the legends of the leagues, and the best that have reached the legends 1 have the joy of being the best again. Similar to players in the legend league who finish in first place in the season

  4. #24
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by PavleBiber View Post
    I think it would make it easier to compete with clans that have reached the legends of the leagues, and the best that have reached the legends 1 have the joy of being the best again. Similar to players in the legend league who finish in first place in the season

    I still have the same issue I asked about earlier. Lets assume 100 in L1, 200 in L2 and 400 in L3. Total 700. After a reset, all 700 are in L3. Over time, they settle out once again 100, 200,400 in L1/2/3. I am betting that pretty much the same clans who previously were in L1 will rise once again to L1, same with L2/3. What changed? If you couldnt beat itzu’s clan before, what makes you think you will suddenly beat it after a reset?
    Last edited by Tosti111; November 25th, 2020 at 09:13 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I still have the same issue I asked about earlier. Lets assume 100 in L1, 200 in L2 and 400 in L3. Total 700. After a reset, all 700 are in L3. Over time, they settle out once again 100, 200,400 in L1/2/3. I am betting that pretty much the same clans who previously were in L1 will rise once again to L1, same with L2/3. What changed? If you couldnt beat itzu’s clan before, what makes you think you will suddenly beat it after a reset?
    I like the way you think. You are right, but the chances are changing, the players in the clan are changing, maybe some better player will join the weaker clan, so the clan has a better chance. Or simply the same players gain a better strategy. And even if none of the above happens, the weaker clan gets the desire to win and gets the motivation to work for the better.

  6. #26
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by PavleBiber View Post
    I like the way you think. You are right, but the chances are changing, the players in the clan are changing, maybe some better player will join the weaker clan, so the clan has a better chance. Or simply the same players gain a better strategy. And even if none of the above happens, the weaker clan gets the desire to win and gets the motivation to work for the better.
    So, if the players in a clan change they will rise higher or fall lower in both today’s world and after a reset, the reset wont MAKE that change happen. The same applies to better players joining a clan or becoming more skilled....that can happen today as well and a clan will rise or fall in tier but the reset doesnt MAKE that rise or fall happen. Essentially as those things change, in todays world, you can get to C1 no easier or harder than with your suggestion. The teams that in C1 are not there because they block others ability to get there nor are they there just because they got there first, they earned their way there and they earn the right to stay there each month. Reset wont change that one iota.
    Last edited by Tosti111; November 25th, 2020 at 09:39 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    So, if the players in a clan change they will rise higher or fall lower in both today’s world and after a reset, the reset wont MAKE that change happen. The same applies to better players joining a clan or becoming more skilled....that can happen today as well and a clan will rise or fall in tier but the reset doesnt MAKE that rise or fall happen. Essentially as those things change, in todays world, you can get to C1 no easier or harder than with your suggestion. The teams that in C1 are not there because they block others ability to get there nor are they there just because they got there first, they earned their way there and they earn the right to stay there each month. Reset wont change that one iota.

    I actually agree. But I also think it would be interesting for stronger clans to try to get to the end again. It's kind of monotonous to be in the best league all the time. With the restart, we make it more interesting for weaker clans to hope for victory, and for strong clans to be in the best position again. The same principle of player legends will be the first one seasonally, so the next season someone else will be the best

  8. #28
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by PavleBiber View Post
    I actually agree. But I also think it would be interesting for stronger clans to try to get to the end again. It's kind of monotonous to be in the best league all the time. With the restart, we make it more interesting for weaker clans to hope for victory, and for strong clans to be in the best position again. The same principle of player legends will be the first one seasonally, so the next season someone else will be the best
    I u derstand your thinking but disagree.

    I think any weaker clans might have more hope but in reality it would be a false hope. Same reason as before, Itzu’s clan waxed your rear end the last 12 seasons, reset won’t actually change your chances of beating him next month regardless.

    As for stronger clans being in the best position again, if Itzu’s clan is the best for the last 12 seasons in C1, resetting to L1/2/3 really means that his clan will very very likely be in first place in L3 next mont, firstplace the season after in L2 and first place the season after that. From his perspective, nothing has changed. The cream still rises to the top and nothing but the tier name changed.
    Last edited by Tosti111; November 25th, 2020 at 09:54 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by PavleBiber View Post
    I think it would make it easier to compete with clans that have reached the legends of the leagues, and the best that have reached the legends 1 have the joy of being the best again. Similar to players in the legend league who finish in first place in the season
    I still cannot think of any benefit to this system.

    It is not at all like the current Legends reset. Legends league reset happens once per month, and you then have 8 attacks per day to work your way back to where you were. It only takes a few days until the best players are well ahead of the average again.

    With CWL, it happens once per month - and remember that two of the clans in every league will get relegated, so clans that were quite happily managing to stay comfortably in Champs 3 will now be really struggling for a few months.

    You put forward " it would make it easier to compete with clans that have reached the legends of the leagues" as a benefit, when it is clearly the opposite of a benefit. Both for the clans who would normally be at the bottom of Champions (I won't talk about Legends because it doesn't exist, and isn't likely to for years yet), this means they will indeed now be "competing" with those who would normally be in Champions 1. And getting smashed by them. Being put in the same league as clans much better than you doesn't make it easier to compete with them, it just means you get smashed.

    And it would also be less fun for the elite clans, because they would lose the real competition for a few months.

    So the first part of the "benefit" is something very few would like.

    Then you say "and the best that have reached the legends 1 have the joy of being the best again.". Ok, just how is that better than being the best continually? I don't know many who would find "joy" in having to start all over again.

    It isn't done in Legends league to give the players who reached the top "joy" in climbing back. It is done to stop the top players from accumulating so many trophies that nobody could ever catch them. That is not a situation that has a parallel in CWL.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Paribodh View Post
    In Legends League too, as I understand it from one of Darian's comments, People who finished 5000-5200 at the end, get matched with the same lot and those who finished 6000 get matched within same range
    I'm very confident Darian has never said anything similar to that in the forums. I don't know how those of us who follow it closely could have missed it. Do you have reference to where this was said?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paribodh View Post
    Yeah, My bad on not being clear regarding the Reset..
    Obviously, SC can't place everyone in Bronze 1 threshold, so more Reasonable would be to place everyone 1-2 leagues below and Master 1 be the highest league one gets placed in...
    And as for rewards, I think it provides a sense of Re-start and u don't get 0 medals at least, You still get nearly 80% of the medals and that too, for 1-2 months when things start to settle in

    Yeah, SC selects clan from in-game Cwl, but they won't start the process just after the end of World Finals, maybe 3-4 months after the world finals, by which time the dust would have settled
    So, my clan, which has been in Masters1 for a year, goes down 3 levels and fights against all the same clans from Masters1 again, what is the benefit?

    I think instead what we need is to add another tier, the Titans tier, to CWL. That will allow the Champs clans to move up and that in turn will allow clan from lower tiers to move up. However, though I've been asking for that for quite a long time, it is not to let clans move up easier as that is just a temporary thing anyway. Instead, I favor it because I don't like how big the power gap is between tiers. I don't like that so many clans have to face getting 7 wins in league B and 0-1 wins in league A. It isn't that much fun and it causes clans to lose on purpose to stay in league B.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •