Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A Cwl Rework Post World finals....

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

They certainly do start the qualifiers from in-game CWL.

That is not remotely what you suggested initially, and would be an utterly pointless change, as well as being totally infuriating for all those who had worked hard to get to Masters and are now getting many fewer medals.

You said previously that it would be like the Legends reset - everybody dropped to the same level. What you are suggesting here is completely different.
    Yeah, My bad on not being clear regarding the Reset..
    Obviously, SC can't place everyone in Bronze 1 threshold, so more Reasonable would be to place everyone 1-2 leagues below and Master 1 be the highest league one gets placed in...
    And as for rewards, I think it provides a sense of Re-start and u don't get 0 medals at least, You still get nearly 80% of the medals and that too, for 1-2 months when things start to settle in

Yeah, SC selects clan from in-game Cwl, but they won't start the process just after the end of World Finals, maybe 3-4 months after the world finals, by which time the dust would have settled

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Demotion, or promotion, in CWL clan performance regardless of clan roster per that month. Rosters can, and do change from month to month. Had people quit the game, had some players leave the clan, recruited new players, etc.. Hence the roster is dynamic. Any clan can lift themselves higher by recruiting and fielding stronger or better players. They could also fall due to a weakening rooster. Such as it is with team competitions. A clan for example could have been forced to replace 10 TH 13s (they went off to form a new clan) with 10 TH 9s and 11s. They are now falling to find their new correct equilibrium. They should not (in my eyes) be reset and forced to repeat the fall. Nor should a team whom strengthened their roster, and now climbing, be forced to reset.

Legends on the other hand is individuals, not "dynamically changing teams". Apples to oranges. Last month in Legends I was a nearly maxed base facing my peers. As it will be next month, as was the month before, and the month before that, and so on.

Now, when are resets warranted? When there is no natural ceiling. In those cases, leads can become insurmountable! Saw it in the early days, when Global #1 became entrenched. Can build up such a lead that a player can then sit back a do nothing, yet retain the crown (Boom Beach had to resolve this when a player became entrenched for about 6 months due to insurmountable lead). CWL on the other hand has an upper limit! Once highest tier reached, cannot climb higher. No enrtrechment possible! Each month you then must battle stay there, or you will fall.
    Yeah, 100% agreed, as in Legends has no upper ceiling and Cwl Has...
    So that's why I think it should be based on the Gut feeling of SC if they think it is getting repetitive for some of the clans, as for instance my clan is stuck in C2 for ages now, so a Cwl Season reset at a pre-determined periodic completion of event like World Finals end or the Calendar end of a Year would be a 'Nice' start to stir things up,
    That way C1 clans know they are not there forever, and sit back and relax after winning 3-4 wars in Cwl week coz they know they can't finish 1st, but try to win more as overall win/lose data is taken into account when demoting/promoting at Cwl reset time

Quote Originally Posted by winwin3as View Post
    But what about the reward? We are in champion II and we are always placing around 2nd and 4th place. Don't you think we deserve the amount of medals that we can possibly earn in CWL because we are fighting our way to get promoted or not get demoted in C2? Imagine if we are going to be placed in Master 1/2 after the reset (given that all clans from higher league will start from those), we are going to lose the medals that I think we deserve.

If you are experiencing "stagnation", why not start CWL in a brand new clan? Your league will depend on the strength of your top 15 bases as far as I know. Or throw a 30v30 CWL in another clan. That would bring some spice.
    My clan is facing the same problem as yours, exactly same, since ages

That's why I thought of this solution
    You still get 80% of the medals that you previously earned, and this phenomenon is happening once in a year, so I think we should be OK with that to stir things up, so C1clans know they can't be in C1 forever

I'm pretty much sure the Devs won't do any changes based on gut feeling, they have pretty much every data that they can analyze and base their decision upon.

As for the Idea, No for me, I don't need to be forced to plummet down the chaotic unmatched/unbalanced wars and take me months and months before the storm passes out. I can naturally bring my clan down to Silver by just putting bad Town Halls on the roster, and naturally climb up again if I put high end ones.

The numbers and idea may look the same

8 attacks on LL - resets every season
    7 day battle on CWL - proposed reset on some N months

but the Legends system and CWL is pretty much different and with your idea implemented they will still not be the same.
    Last edited by maximooze007; November 24th, 2020 at 05:30 AM.

Forum Superstar
    Maybe I am missing something Paribodh. You have mentioned in two posts above about C1 clans thinking that they can sit there forever. What part of your plan would dramatically change the clans in C1? As an example, Tribe sits in C1 now, why do you believe that moving them down to M1 would make any difference three months from now? I would bet that three months after the reshuffle that the vast majority of clans that were previously in C1 would be right back there with not much change. Any clan that cant get to C1 today is likely not going to get there magically just because of a shuffle, they didnt somehow become more skilled because of a mass demotion. Getting to C1 isnt based mostly on luck of the draw, it is based mostly on skill.
    Last edited by Tosti111; November 24th, 2020 at 06:07 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Maybe I am missing something Paribodh. You have mentioned in two posts above about C1 clans thinking that they can sit there forever. What part of your plan would dramatically change the clans in C1? As an example, Tribe sits in C1 now, why do you believe that moving them down to M1 would make any difference three months from now? I would bet that three months after the reshuffle that the vast majority of clans that were previously in C1 would be right back there with not much change. Any clan that cant get to C1 today is likely not going to get there magically just because of a shuffle, they didnt somehow become more skilled because of a mass demotion. Getting to C1 isnt based mostly on luck of the draw, it is based mostly on skill.
    But remember, he has clarified his idea is not what it originally looked like, which was to move everybody above a certain point down to that point (as happens with the Legends League reset).

Instead, his idea is to move all clans above Silver 3 down by 3 leagues. Which means everybody currently in Champions 1 would now be in Masters 1, with only other (previously) champs 1 clans. It would take most of a year for most clans to get back where they were.

As I first thought his idea was, I could see some benefits, but IMO far outweighed by the negatives.

But this way doesn't have any benefits I can see, while having even more negatives.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    But remember, he has clarified his idea is not what it originally looked like, which was to move everybody above a certain point down to that point (as happens with the Legends League reset).

Instead, his idea is to move all clans above Silver 3 down by 3 leagues. Which means everybody currently in Champions 1 would now be in Masters 1, with only other (previously) champs 1 clans. It would take most of a year for most clans to get back where they were.

As I first thought his idea was, I could see some benefits, but IMO far outweighed by the negatives.

But this way doesn't have any benefits I can see, while having even more negatives.
    It's not entirely clear how many levels clans will be demoted, but it doesn't really matter. Almost all clans will be demoted & I'm not sure it'll do anything about anything; other than see clans facing similar levels competition for lesser rewards.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Paribodh View Post
    My clan is facing the same problem as yours, exactly same, since ages

That's why I thought of this solution
    You still get 80% of the medals that you previously earned, and this phenomenon is happening once in a year, so I think we should be OK with that to stir things up, so C1clans know they can't be in C1 forever
    Our clan doesn't have a problem. We are in the right spot according to our skill level. We earn the appropriate amount of medals and enjoy the wars in C2. If a reset will be implemented and we can earn 80% of what we used to earn, how about the 20%? It is unfair. So I don't think your proposal will give us an advantage. If it is not broken, why fix it? What I am saying is CWL doesn't need to have a reset because it is mostly based in the clan's skill level and/or strength of bases.

And imo, clans cannot stay in C1 forever because there are always 3 out of 8 clans that are getting demoted every month.

Here is a interesting one, if clan reaches a certain lvl than most of it's best players leave. Remaining do not participate to keep the lvl they are in.

Nonparticipation in few CWL should get clan demoted? Is it happening already ?

Signature thanks to TerMinus Prime, ask for yours
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Minus-Prime-TP

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast666 View Post
    Here is a interesting one, if clan reaches a certain lvl than most of it's best players leave. Remaining do not participate to keep the lvl they are in.

Nonparticipation in few CWL should get clan demoted? Is it happening already ?
    I am not sure why anyone would care. What CWL tier you were in 12 months ago is meaningless. This is similar to how meaningless a highest monthly donation of 30K is if that occurred 12 months ago and last month you only donated 13 troops. Falls into the what have you done for me lately category.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.