Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A Cwl Rework Post World finals....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    365

    A Cwl Rework Post World finals....

    Cwl is really fun for both competitive and casual clans
    And as the feature was intended, once released, the clans battled it out every month and have placed themselves in leagues they are deserved to be in and on an average 60%+ clans, I believe stay in their same league and this gets repeated season after season...
    But after a time(very long time like 1year), it gets repetitive
    So as Legends League is regulated every month, being a daily chore of 8 attacks, I'm suggesting here that Let Cwl also be self-balancing as in, clans, are moved out of their current league and thrown down the ladder after a specific duration or at the end of a Cwl season, for example, all clans be placed in Master 1 at the most, on New Year's eve, marking the end of a Cwl season for the previous year..
    Or even after the end of That Year's Clash World Finals, marking the end of a Cwl season and all clans starting afresh
    Last edited by Paribodh; November 23rd, 2020 at 01:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Contender PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Farming
    Posts
    4,722
    Hey Paribodh,
    The reset you propose should be back to initial seeding (based on the 15 best bases of the clan roster). But that means the clan has to start a cwl (ie select a roster) to know where they’d seed.
    Also, to extend your proposal, this could happen after a few ‘skipped’ cwl seasons (ie not participating).
    Or maybe this reset should happen if a majority of the roster changes (or all) from the previous cwl...


    Edited after the move to IFR.
    Last edited by PaluEF; November 23rd, 2020 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Moved from general to ifr
    The unofficial forum here.
    Discord: Smirk, Supercell.

  3. #3
    Pro Member Shivank380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Currently, Offline
    Posts
    709
    That would be the same thing as the normal ladder for trophy reset then. They intended to introduce this feature which was different from what the ladder system currently offers and to make it a seperate entity from the clan wars.

    That's why it was introduced like that and I think the original representation of the war leagues should be kept same or it'll feel like it's the same how the trophy reset system works.
    Last edited by Shivank380; November 23rd, 2020 at 01:42 PM.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    While I can see the attraction in this idea, I think it would be seriously bad for the clans whose natural place is around the reset point.

    This would mean that after reaching an equilibrium, they would suddenly be plunged into a competition with all the clans whose natural position is much higher. I think even with Legends League, a lot of the players whose natural position is around the 5000-5200 area struggle for the first few days of a season.

    It would also mean several months before qualifiers for the next world championships could start, as you would need time for sufficient clans to be promoted twice, including time for those who only got promoted because they were lucky enough to land in leagues without any higher standard clans. You would probably be looking at half the year before you had a Champs 1 league with sufficient clans of high standard to make the qualifying meaningful.

  5. #5
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Posts
    12,189
    Interesting proposal, but unlike League Seasons that you compared it to, CWL has no forced consistency across seasons. My base, for example, can be upgraded, or stagnate, but never downgraded. CWL on the other hand is dynamic, ever changing. The clan roster used this month may be the same, or drastically different, then that used the next month. If there was consistency, same indentical clan roosters being played each and every month, then a reset, sending all back to the same starting line for a new race would make sense, but not for a dynamically changing situation.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    While I can see the attraction in this idea, I think it would be seriously bad for the clans whose natural place is around the reset point.

    This would mean that after reaching an equilibrium, they would suddenly be plunged into a competition with all the clans whose natural position is much higher. I think even with Legends League, a lot of the players whose natural position is around the 5000-5200 area struggle for the first few days of a season.

    It would also mean several months before qualifiers for the next world championships could start, as you would need time for sufficient clans to be promoted twice, including time for those who only got promoted because they were lucky enough to land in leagues without any higher standard clans. You would probably be looking at half the year before you had a Champs 1 league with sufficient clans of high standard to make the qualifying meaningful.
    This issue can be easily sorted out and I'm afraid, is not the way u understand...
    In Legends League too, as I understand it from one of Darian's comments, People who finished 5000-5200 at the end, get matched with the same lot and those who finished 6000 get matched within same range
    The problem u said, people face at the start of a LL season is psychological as that's what people would naturally perceive if they don't know above rule

    Also, I don't think SC starts Cwl qualifiers from in-game Cwl outright, Maybe 3-4 months post the world finals date, that's enough time to select 1st team and rest 5 teams subsequent months
    Also, Clans currently in Masters would be thrown down to Crystal and so on, so not much stagnation, and even then, Clans from Above would get matched with the same sort, and Clans originally belonging to the league with their sort
    Last edited by Paribodh; November 23rd, 2020 at 03:08 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Interesting proposal, but unlike League Seasons that you compared it to, CWL has no forced consistency across seasons. My base, for example, can be upgraded, or stagnate, but never downgraded. CWL on the other hand is dynamic, ever changing. The clan roster used this month may be the same, or drastically different, then that used the next month. If there was consistency, same indentical clan roosters being played each and every month, then a reset, sending all back to the same starting line for a new race would make sense, but not for a dynamically changing situation.
    Please elaborate the Forced Consistency and Dynamic terms
    As I understand, if ur clan is in M1, so even if u place an all th8 roster, ur clan won't get demoted coz u changed the roster
    It is based on a specifi clan's leadership
    Last edited by Paribodh; November 23rd, 2020 at 03:04 PM.

  8. #8
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    154
    But what about the reward? We are in champion II and we are always placing around 2nd and 4th place. Don't you think we deserve the amount of medals that we can possibly earn in CWL because we are fighting our way to get promoted or not get demoted in C2? Imagine if we are going to be placed in Master 1/2 after the reset (given that all clans from higher league will start from those), we are going to lose the medals that I think we deserve.

    If you are experiencing "stagnation", why not start CWL in a brand new clan? Your league will depend on the strength of your top 15 bases as far as I know. Or throw a 30v30 CWL in another clan. That would bring some spice.

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Paribodh View Post
    This issue can be easily sorted out and I'm afraid, is not the way u understand...
    In Legends League too, as I understand it from one of Darian's comments, People who finished 5000-5200 at the end, get matched with the same lot and those who finished 6000 get matched within same range
    The problem u said, people face at the start of a LL season is psychological as that's what people would naturally perceive if they don't know above rule
    The above rule only helps very slightly, if at all. If it even exists - I haven't seen any comments suggesting it might.

    Though it would explain why the 2nd day is often harder than the 1st.

    Also, I don't think SC starts Cwl qualifiers from in-game Cwl outright, Maybe 3-4 months post the world finals date, that's enough time to select 1st team and rest 5 teams subsequent months
    They certainly do start the qualifiers from in-game CWL.

    Also, Clans currently in Masters would be thrown down to Crystal and so on, so not much stagnation, and even then, Clans from Above would get matched with the same sort, and Clans originally belonging to the league with their sort
    That is not remotely what you suggested initially, and would be an utterly pointless change, as well as being totally infuriating for all those who had worked hard to get to Masters and are now getting many fewer medals.

    You said previously that it would be like the Legends reset - everybody dropped to the same level. What you are suggesting here is completely different.
    Last edited by Ajax; November 23rd, 2020 at 04:28 PM.

  10. #10
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Posts
    12,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Paribodh View Post
    Please elaborate the Forced Consistency and Dynamic terms
    As I understand, if ur clan is in M1, so even if u place an all th8 roster, ur clan won't get demoted coz u changed the roster
    It is based on a specifi clan's leadership
    Demotion, or promotion, in CWL clan performance regardless of clan roster per that month. Rosters can, and do change from month to month. Had people quit the game, had some players leave the clan, recruited new players, etc.. Hence the roster is dynamic. Any clan can lift themselves higher by recruiting and fielding stronger or better players. They could also fall due to a weakening rooster. Such as it is with team competitions. A clan for example could have been forced to replace 10 TH 13s (they went off to form a new clan) with 10 TH 9s and 11s. They are now falling to find their new correct equilibrium. They should not (in my eyes) be reset and forced to repeat the fall. Nor should a team whom strengthened their roster, and now climbing, be forced to reset.

    Legends on the other hand is individuals, not "dynamically changing teams". Apples to oranges. Last month in Legends I was a nearly maxed base facing my peers. As it will be next month, as was the month before, and the month before that, and so on.

    Now, when are resets warranted? When there is no natural ceiling. In those cases, leads can become insurmountable! Saw it in the early days, when Global #1 became entrenched. Can build up such a lead that a player can then sit back a do nothing, yet retain the crown (Boom Beach had to resolve this when a player became entrenched for about 6 months due to insurmountable lead). CWL on the other hand has an upper limit! Once highest tier reached, cannot climb higher. No enrtrechment possible! Each month you then must battle stay there, or you will fall.
    Last edited by rowman; November 23rd, 2020 at 05:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •