Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Super minion too strong on defence

Yeah we see them quite often, and if one base has them, likely the entire clan does. Like mentioned above, can be a nightmare for Queen Charge/Walk if not prepared for it or handled correctly.

syncpan77 member of Dark~Brigade
    Angry Chair in SWC-Sirius

How do you deal with superminions and headhunters if you have queen walk. So far my only solution is to have her die... i tried freezing the headhunters and poisoning the super minions and using queen ability. Tried both on the superminions with aq ability. Ended up with her dying anyway and having to use a baby drag to take out the last superminion. Seems my only solution is to abandon hybrid completely and just go to a boring lower skill spam attack. They seem to be getting 3 pretty easily. Sad face. But I really want to know do I need to burn 3 or 4 spell slots any tips please would be awesome thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    How do you deal with superminions and headhunters if you have queen walk. So far my only solution is to have her die... i tried freezing the headhunters and poisoning the super minions and using queen ability.
    I usually poison the minions freeze the headhunters and rage the queen in that order. The key is to drop these spells extremely quickly. Most times I get away without having to use the queens ability. The only time the ability is forced is if there are multiple point defenses on the queen when sheís facing the cc.

Also if youíre facing a 3 superminion cc, sometimes you can get away with using just a poison and a freeze on the minions without raging the queen.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    I usually poison the minions freeze the headhunters and rage the queen in that order. The key is to drop these spells extremely quickly. Most times I get away without having to use the queens ability. The only time the ability is forced is if there are multiple point defenses on the queen when sheís facing the cc.

Also if youíre facing a 3 superminion cc, sometimes you can get away with using just a poison and a freeze on the minions without raging the queen.
    Thanks that helps i just need to practice it a bit in challanges rather than war!

Centennial Club

SM/HH CC - Too Sharp?

Iím in LL, often ending up near 5500-5600 cups. Currently, Iím often using QW hybrid, and am running into difficulty with the super minion and headhunter cc combo. For me, the issue isnít necessarily the combo, but rather the variety that combo can take. 2 SM and 3 HH? Freeze the SM and poison the HH. 3 SM and 1 HH? Best dealt with by a pre-poison at the cc and freeze the HH if necessary. Usually a rage will be needed as well if the queen has more than 1 point defense on her.

The main issue I have is the time it takes to see, recognize, and correctly choose the spell order and placement. SMs shoot almost immediately upon exiting the CC, and the damage had a long delay period, allowing a lot to ďaccumulateĒ in the air. 3 SM can accumulate enough to kill the queen through her ability if you donít poison quickly enough. They are also guaranteed to pop her ability. On the other hand, the 3 HH in a 2SM/3HH cc will also kill her unless you drop rage/poison on them.

The decision must be made, I feel, within about half a second if seeing the headhunters, pretty much as soon as the SMs pop out. Otherwise, you WILL pop queen ability and possibly loose her. The speed required makes this cc incredibly sharp, with a huge downside for the slightest hesitation.

Other options exist (lure cc with something else, attack away from the cc), so Iím not necessarily advocating a nerf. However, I do want to ask - do you feel such cc combo makes the player walk a too-thin razorís edge? Is the margin for error too slim?

Here's a long discussion on them.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ong-on-defence
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I agree that this cc combo is unnecessary punishing for certain attack strategies and the time window to react is way too small.

I'm pushing with old school Sui Lalo currently. Finished at around 5650 at the end of the last legend day. Super Minion + Headhunter are in like half of all the def ccs there.

Usually with Sui Lalo you want to avoid luring the cc with your heroes because that would prevent them from getting much value. So I often have to deal with that cc during the Lalo. What works best for me is poison on the SMs and freeze on the hhs before they reach the warden.

However that is easier said than done. I already have to do many things simultanously: Deploying Hounds, Loons, Minions surgically, dropping spells, watch out for Scatters/enemy heroes etc.

Now inmidst all that chaos I have to watch for these headhunters, that look like archers, are small, crazy fast and hide underneath your loons. Most of the time I throw the freeze blindly as soon as the warden takes damage. If I don't react quick enough or my pups/minions can't finish the hhs off in time - my warden is gone. And without the warden the chance of getting 3 stars goes towards 0.

The Superminions are also a problem if they don't stay in the poison for almost the whole duration and they can shred my loons with their high DPS.

What bothers me most is that this cc mostly punishes the more technical attacks. Like QC or Sui based attacks. There is no cc with a similar effectiveness against Smash like armies or Dragon attacks to balance things out. I'm not a fan of one single cc combo dominating the meta, I prefer having variety.

So I would like to see a nerf for these 2 troops on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Given Darian mentions nothing of "balance changes" whilst also to quote "changing the landscape" highly likely no nerf is coming soon.
    And come on, it isn't actually common. I still haven't come across this in wars yet. And we only take one day off and the next begins. People seriously over exaggerate a problem on here.
    I disagree, we ran into a few clans who had the dreaded 2 super minion 3 head hunter and more then one of us doing hybrid were demolished...Iím a max 13 who is in mid legends and I ran into a zero star because of it...my own fault, but shows the overpowering strength of that particular combo. Even if you hit queen ability, the super minions hav already fired shots and then sheís gone.

It aint just heroes with the SM.. We faced plenty mass ED last war, and SM were even ripping thru them..
    Am loving em.. Seems nothing else is coming close atm for the cc.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It aint just heroes with the SM.. We faced plenty mass ED last war, and SM were even ripping thru them..
    Am loving em.. Seems nothing else is coming close atm for the cc.
    They're kind of useless against yeti/super witch spam and less than useless against mass witches. Almost lost last war because of it.