Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Super minion too strong on defence

Yes super minions are strong in defence and specially annoying for that range . Would not be surprised to see a reduction in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Given Darian mentions nothing of "balance changes" whilst also to quote "changing the landscape" highly likely no nerf is coming soon.
    And come on, it isn't actually common. I still haven't come across this in wars yet. And we only take one day off and the next begins. People seriously over exaggerate a problem on here.
    Darian has said nothing to suggest they will or will not be nerfed in the next update other than to say they are looking at it. (Yes, he specifically said that about superminions.)

They are common and getting more common. I see them often.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMayur View Post
    They do die in 1 poison.
    Right, but their strength comes from hanging back so if you poison them you are not poisoning the other troops and for a queen walk/charge it often means a second poison or a freeze is needed.

I think they are ok for now, but if they totally take over and become the cc that everyone uses, it does get boring and I'd support a change to them to mix it up.
    Last edited by 2222; November 23rd, 2020 at 07:38 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Given Darian mentions nothing of "balance changes" whilst also to quote "changing the landscape" highly likely no nerf is coming soon.
    Why do you believe anything has been said or not said by Darian that would indicate the likelihood or otherwise of a nerf?

I have never seen them saying anything about balance changes until the specific sneak peek that announces them, so you certainly can't infer anything from the fact they haven't mentioned anything they never mention at this stage.

Of course, that doesn't mean any nerf will be coming either. It means we have no idea whether they are likely to be nerfed or not.

And come on, it isn't actually common. I still haven't come across this in wars yet. And we only take one day off and the next begins. People seriously over exaggerate a problem on here.
    I'm finding them becoming more and more common in Legends.

Not that it necessarily mans much in lower Legends - Three ice golems are still nearly as common, and they are a joke in defensive CC.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosteagle View Post
    Yes super minions are strong in defence and specially annoying for that range . Would not be surprised to see a reduction in range.

Edit: Just checked the Ice Golem's offensive and defensive attributes, reducing the range of SM does make sense if they decided to apply the same approach they did on Ice Golies, and also decreasing the number of attacks from 5 to 2~3.
    Last edited by maximooze007; November 24th, 2020 at 01:38 AM.

Centennial Club
    I'm a QC hybrid attacker, but I don't think they need a nerf. Yes, they're tough, and if you blink, you lose, but if you're paying attention, they're not too hard to deal with. And they're easier than witches in some bases. And I don't believe they do much against anything other than a QC. So you're going all out to stop one thing.

Imo, they need a small nerf because they are much stronger than other cc troops against queen charges. SC should buff defenses first though. Without those op minions we would see even more 3 stars.

Just use a freeze with the poison it will kill them. The whole idea is to stop queen charges. Lot of sui lalo going on again.

if they really are too strong they will eventually get a nerf. sometimes nerfs happen on troops that dont even need it

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Just use a freeze with the poison it will kill them. The whole idea is to stop queen charges. Lot of sui lalo going on again.
    The super minions are normally paired with headhunters so you usually have to poison the super minions, freeze the headhunters and rage the queen within seconds after the cc comes out. And if there are a few point defenses on the queen the ability can be forced as well. So itís not as easy as youíre making it seem, I donít think any other cc combination requires such an investment.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    The super minions are normally paired with headhunters so you usually have to poison the super minions, freeze the headhunters and rage the queen within seconds after the cc comes out. And if there are a few point defenses on the queen the ability can be forced as well. So it’s not as easy as you’re making it seem, I don’t think any other cc combination requires such an investment.
    No, you don't get seconds. You have to do it within fractions of a second