Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Changes to Super Troops in the December Update

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy1 View Post
    You seriously think the 3* rate at end game isn't the highest it's even been? I'm in champ 2 and have been in champ 1 cwl so I know when I say I've never seen the 3* rate as high as it is now. There is no base that can thwart an attack right now. I've seen so many attacks that should be a low 2* at best end up high 80 2* with ease. That is the generation z mentally don't want to work for anything just want it handed to you and that's what happening with how easy it is to 3* bases right now
    Playing a game should be rewarding. It's meant to be a form of recreation. Sure, some skill should be involved to progress to the higher echelons of the game but what you're spouting is elitist gatekeeping that only serves to put down players who you feel don't "deserve" things because they don't "work as hard as you." And that is a mentality that is incredibly harmful to a gaming community.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

This was likely at some point, but still very much appreciated with the shortened cooldown timer to boot. I don’t have any hang ups about Supers at this point, we’ll done SC💪

Quote Originally Posted by bombfrog View Post
    I've tried them all and they all seem woefully underpowered for the amount of space they take up.

The only one which sort of worked was the baby inferno dragon, but even then there are better normal troops.
    The superbreaker is definitely better. I don't think there is much debate about it. It is worth the space.

The supergoblin is more efficient at farming. It is worth the space and the cost. It also can be useful on offense in a cc to take down a hall, especially for a lower hall hitting up on a higher hall for 2 stars. Superbarbs are similarly useful for farming and worth the space.

The superwitch has its place, as you can see from the world finals. Personally, I think it will get more use now that we can train regular witches too. I hated having the superwitch trained only to run into a base in war I wanted to use regular witches on.

The superminions are very strong on defense. Clearly worth the space.

Infernodrags also can be good on defense. I don't find them all that great on offense.

I haven't found a good use for giants. I also don't use the archers, though I've seen examples of them being very strong at lower levels.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Playing a game should be rewarding. It's meant to be a form of recreation. Sure, some skill should be involved to progress to the higher echelons of the game but what you're spouting is elitist gatekeeping that only serves to put down players who you feel don't "deserve" things because they don't "work as hard as you." And that is a mentality that is incredibly harmful to a gaming community.
    You're putting words in my mouth. Never once did I say anything you're implying. So little Jimmy on the gridiron doesn't work as hard as the star player deserves be in the NFL because we don't want his feelings hurt? That's the participation trophy mentality and that mentality is incredibly harmful to society. You're a business and are in it to make money but dumbing down a game isn't the way to do it but that's just my 2 cents.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #75
    You're putting words in my mouth. Never once did I say anything you're implying. So little Jimmy on the gridiron doesn't work as hard as the star player deserves be in the NFL because we don't want his feelings hurt? That's the participation trophy mentality and that mentality is incredibly harmful to society. You're a business and are in it to make money but dumbing down a game isn't the way to do it but that's just my 2 cents.
    Making a game rewarding is not the same thing as "dumbing it down". This is a video game. Any correlation to real world accomplishments are simply not applicable. Comparing it to the NFL and calling it a participation trophy mentality is elitist gatekeeping. Given how long Clash has been around and still remains enjoyable, I'd say we might have a better understanding of "how to do it".
    AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Making a game rewarding is not the same thing as "dumbing it down". This is a video game. Any correlation to real world accomplishments are simply not applicable. Comparing it to the NFL and calling it a participation trophy mentality is elitist gatekeeping. Given how long Clash has been around and still remains enjoyable, I'd say we might have a better understanding of "how to do it".
    It remained enjoyable because of the thrill of making a clutch 3* attack to win a war. It was enjoyable because you could build a base to stop attacks. Defense now has both hands tied behind it's back and cannot do anything to stop attacks. Even terrible attacks are winding up high 2*s. Since you think you have a better understanding why have the forums and ask feedback from the players?

Enough of my thoughts and I bid you farewell
    Last edited by Filthy1; November 23rd, 2020 at 10:43 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #77
    [QUOTE=UR4IC;12714850]
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post

Roughly the same? LOL...Super Goblins for example....
    3 days at 25K DE...VS...7 days 50k DE.

Please Explain!...
    It is now a flat rate. Yes, that makes some a little more expensive. It makes others a little cheaper.

Currently, there are 9 super troops. 3 cost 50K, 1 is 55K, 5 are 60K

On average, not hugely different in overall cost.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #78
    It remained enjoyable because of the thrill of making a clutch 3* attack to win a war. It was enjoyable because you could build a base to stop attacks. Defense now has both hands tied behind it's back and cannot do anything to stop attacks. Even terrible attacks are winding up high 2*s. Since you think you have a better understanding why have the forums and ask feedback from the players?

Enough of my thoughts and I bid you farewell

The number one primary driver behind Clash's success is the feeling of progression. While that particular aspect may not be YOUR primary driver, it still remains the main motivation for the vast majority of our player base. Progression in Clash will always be more successful in keeping players active and enjoying the game more than success rates of 3-star attacks. The relative difficulty of attacking actually has little impact on player retention unless the difficulty is ratcheted up to impossible levels and then it causes players to quit. We keep a close eye on the difficulty level and success rates and I can confidently say your stats are based on anecdotal evidence with a bias towards a specific playstyle that is in the minority.

As far as the forums? The primary function of the forums is not for gathering feedback; it's for allowing members of the community to discuss all things Clash. Being able to directly interact with players and gauge player sentiment is simply an added benefit. And although we do solicit feedback from players it is not a sole dictator of what changes we make in the game; feedback is simply factored into our development decision but doesn't drive it.

I understand your position as it stems from a competitive mentality, where skill is the ultimate arbiter of success. However, that kind of mentality is largely only applicable to specific game genres like competitive FPS or MOBA type games. With games that have mass appeal across a wide range of demographics, that kind of competitive mentality actually has a detrimental effect on a game's enjoyability because the game was never designed to feed that kind of playstyle to begin with. And while Clash does maintain a certain element of competition, that competitive scene is not the primary driver behind game balance or new content. Progression and rewarding players will always be the primary driver behind our content.

So yes, I "think" our data shows we have a better understanding of why our game has been around for 8 1/2 years and has shown a growth in the number of new players.
    AKA Tank Puppy

Thank you so much to the game team , prooving again that they listen and try fulfill to the constant wants of players 😊
    I am ready Super witches + super wall breakers combo

great news , double the fun

REBUILDING Clan-Total Balloony | Forum achievements
    /50 members (1-TH12, 4-TH13)Need TH9+||CWL(Crystal League 3)||Casual Clan
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*My recent work