Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Which upgrade do you save for last?

Which upgrade do you save for last?

Just curious to see everyone's upgrade strategy. When it comes to maxing a town hall, what's the very last thing that you upgrade? Personally I always save the cannons for last because at TH13 there's 16 cannon upgrades to do and it seems neverending. I'd rather be annoyed with how long they're taking in the home stretch than anywhere else in the maxing process.
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Just curious to see everyone's upgrade strategy. When it comes to maxing a town hall, what's the very last thing that you upgrade? Personally I always save the cannons for last because at TH13 there's 16 cannon upgrades to do and it seems neverending. I'd rather be annoyed with how long they're taking in the home stretch than anywhere else in the maxing process.
    I don't go into it with a specific building to upgrade last. I instead upgrade based on the loot I have available and (more importantly) the days it takes to upgrade to keep my builders coming free on different days. Like you, though, I do also tend to favor defenses other than cannons first (though I don't think I make them last either). For whatever reason I often favor teslas, wiz towers and air defenses, at least in part because there aren't as many of them.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    I always start with the cheapest, quickest upgrades first and work up to the ones that take the longest. That way I have already improved the defences and when I have to upgrade the loooong ones, like eagles, x-bows etc., I have a better functioning defence. I also look at how many hp I get per day of upgrading. Often the best value for money and time are also the cheapest ones, and the builders suggestions are not a bad place to start.

So cannons are the first I do, they are quick and cheap, and easy to plan for. I often end up doing the x-bows, infernos, eagle and scattershots last, but sometimes I get impatient and have 1 or 2 of them upgrading parallel to the quicker stuff. I might also consider mixing the splash and point defences, but always with the idea of getting the quickest ones done first to have the benefit while the slow ones are still upgrading.
    Last edited by BWBX; November 21st, 2020 at 10:25 PM.

For me, last tends to be traps for whatever reason. I hit the heavy defenses first, then the rest depending on how much I can afford with the next builder.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I usually do the longer, more expensive upgrades first working my way down to the shorter, cheaper upgrades.

I generally have phases:
    Phase One: all new defenses to previous th level. CC, lab, camps, barracks, storages, spell factories. TH weapon. Any other new structures that aren't defensive.

Phase Two: EA, scatters, infernos, xbows.

Phase Three: wizard towers, teslas, air defenses, mortars.

Phase Four: archer towers, cannons, bomb towers.

Phase Five: traps, collectors, drills, mines and anything else not yet done.

Hero upgrades are done in all phases depending on resources, free builder, etc.

Not all of those structures listed are done at each th level (should be obvious).
    Also, phases tend to mesh into each other. If my builders are working on the last of phase one, I rotate/cycle them into phase two as they become available.

Occasionally, I may do a trap or two in between uogrades as I raid for loot because they tend to be very cheap and only take a short time to upgrade.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    I donít have much of an upgrade strategy / priority when it comes to defenses anymore. I generally like to prioritize things that help my offense on a new townhall and defenses can just wait.

I only use books on defenses when other things are done and when I do use books I tend to use them on the upgrades which take the longest so I tend to wait with those defenses until I can use books on them like eagle or inferno.
    I used to favor defenses which could shoot both ground and air of defenses which could only shoot one of the two. But in TH13 I decided to go with the defense I liked the look of most which caused me to upgrade cannons unusually early for me.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Usually the small bombs

Forum Superstar
    Whatever comes last will be the result of several decisions, where that particular building was never the best option to upgrade. No plan other than avoiding builders finishing too close together. Can't say anything gets "saved" for last as such.

1.) Signature defenses(Eagle,SS,Infr,Xbow)
    2.)Wiz tower
    3.)Point defenses(Cannon,AT,AD)
    4.)Traps
    5.)Mortars

Centennial Club
    At TH13, my last will be 2nd dark barracks, it's not worth 10 days of double training time just to shave 48 seconds off HH training time. Next to last is gold mines and elixir collectors, I never even took those above level 12 since it's so easy to just farm loot. In terms of defensive buildings, mortars are always my last, they are ok but just do so little damage compared to other defenses