Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fair play in legends

Banned

Fair play in legends

I just saw a replay posted by my clan mate on a hit on him by a top legends player.

One thing I noticed is that his comp is 7 zap quake lalo with no poison.... The WEIRD thing is he did not zap the CC. My friend happens to have a hound CC which he pulled using suicide heroes away.

Ok, I tried running 7 zap quake with no poison for one day and I have I zap every CC, because my raid will literally go to pieces if a witch CC comes out...

Don't SC screen top Legends player hits? I think it is kind of OBVIOUS if you know exactly which CC to zap and which CC to not zap....
    Last edited by wind30; November 20th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

Forum Legend
    I myself am terrible at LaLo but having watched some of the world qualifiers I noticed they didn't always zap the cc with Lalo variants and still did some pretty awesome raids including a few triples both with & without poison.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

A simple answer to this is witches in cc was meta in past and there is very low chance that witches come out from cc nowadays,I usually see super minion and hh or lava and hh or 3 ig(very rare) coming out from defense cc in legend league,so as the attacker knew that it is very less probable of witches to come out,he took the risk of not zapping it.Usually when zap value around cc is 0,players use 5 zaps and a earth to create a pathing and save 2 zaps to kill cc.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I just saw a replay posted by my clan mate on a hit on him by a top legends player.

One thing I noticed is that his comp is 7 zap quake lalo with no poison.... The WEIRD thing is he did not zap the CC. My friend happens to have a hound CC which he pulled using suicide heroes away.

Ok, I tried running 7 zap quake with no poison for one day and I have I zap every CC, because my raid will literally go to pieces if a witch CC comes out...

Don't SC screen top Legends player hits? I think it is kind of OBVIOUS if you know exactly which CC to zap and which CC to not zap....
    Unfortunately, I think it would take a lot more than that to cause SC to look into it. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they "screen" those top legends players attacks. There have been some problems with players being able to practice attacks before counting the real one in the past and they have taken steps to try to limit it, but cheaters always find a way. (I'm not saying the one you saw was definitely cheating, but it sounds suspicious and for the purpose of the general topic it doesn't matter anyway. I have no doubt there is still some cheating that goes on.)

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think it would take a lot more than that to cause SC to look into it. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they "screen" those top legends players attacks. There have been some problems with players being able to practice attacks before counting the real one in the past and they have taken steps to try to limit it, but cheaters always find a way. (I'm not saying the one you saw was definitely cheating, but it sounds suspicious and for the purpose of the general topic it doesn't matter anyway. I have no doubt there is still some cheating that goes on.)
    Some gamers like to cheat, some gamers love the grind. I don't disagree with your belief that some form of cheating might still exist, but I would be absolutely floored if I learned that Casper still exists.

You can't tell whether someone is cheating with one replay where they don't zap the CC in legends because as a good zap lalo player, you will know that zapping the CC is not always the best course of action. Especially in top legends where most meta bases will deny you zap value around the CC.

For example, check out the legends attack of this guy:
    https://twitter.com/STARs_coc_/statu...85033493098496

He didn't zap the CC, does this mean he is cheating? This is the legends attack of STARs, a competitive player for Queen Walkers that won WC Qualifier #6 and qualified for the World Championships next week. In the October legends season, he ranked #2 AND #6 on the legends leaderboard with numerous global top 10 rankings in past seasons with multiple accounts and is arguably the strongest zap lalo player in the world right now.

I also use zap lalo in legends but I've never been able to overcome the top players wall and always get pushed back after hitting the global top 2000 ranking trophy area. I have MANY attacks where I don't zap the CC and I can assure you that I do this without knowing what the CC is ahead of the time.

So why would you not zap the CC? Because there is no zap value and the layout of the base dictates that you would have a much better sui or lalo path by zapping something else. Unfortunately in legends, the standard zap lalo means you will be stuck with 7 zaps and 1 eq no matter what.

So what do you do? You use 5 zaps and 1 eq somewhere else and now you have 2 zaps to help deal with the CC troops or somewhere else. A top zap lalo player will know how to deal with the different CC combos that come out. The standard in the past meta was lava and HH. You would zap the HH and the lava is no big deal at all. Witches? Even easier. Remember, 1 zap can 1 hit KO witches. 2 zaps will be more than enough to clear 3 witches in a CC, especially if they bunch up together. But, mass witches and witches in general are outdated meta defensive CCs and you won't encounter them that often in higher legends. Count yourself lucky if you do, they are outdated for a reason. The real dangerous CC for zap lalo right now is super minions/HH which is the meta defensive CC choice currently. 2 zaps are NOT enough to kill them. Thus, you will need to use ur AQ, BK, minions, BD, etc to clear them. If you don't manage to clear them before your Lalo attack, your 3 star is going to go out the window.

Banned
    Except that guy used his 7 zaps before cc was pulled

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Except that guy used his 7 zaps before cc was pulled
    I have done this before too lol. When the EA and both scattershots are all in one spot so I can take them all out with 7 zaps and 1 eq or if there is lots of value and I wanted to yolo. Facing the CC troops with all 3 heroes, support troops with a back up freeze is not a big deal at all. Yes, 3 witches can be a tiny bit of an issue, but hero abilities help a lot. It is also exceedingly rare to see a lot of witches in high legends CCs. At most 1 witch that is annoying but not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    You can't tell whether someone is cheating with one replay where they don't zap the CC in legends because as a good zap lalo player, you will know that zapping the CC is not always the best course of action. Especially in top legends where most meta bases will deny you zap value around the CC.

For example, check out the legends attack of this guy:
    https://twitter.com/STARs_coc_/statu...85033493098496

He didn't zap the CC, does this mean he is cheating? This is the legends attack of STARs, a competitive player for Queen Walkers that won WC Qualifier #6 and qualified for the World Championships next week. In the October legends season, he ranked #2 AND #6 on the legends leaderboard with numerous global top 10 rankings in past seasons with multiple accounts and is arguably the strongest zap lalo player in the world right now.

I also use zap lalo in legends but I've never been able to overcome the top players wall and always get pushed back after hitting the global top 2000 ranking trophy area. I have MANY attacks where I don't zap the CC and I can assure you that I do this without knowing what the CC is ahead of the time.

So why would you not zap the CC? Because there is no zap value and the layout of the base dictates that you would have a much better sui or lalo path by zapping something else. Unfortunately in legends, the standard zap lalo means you will be stuck with 7 zaps and 1 eq no matter what.

So what do you do? You use 5 zaps and 1 eq somewhere else and now you have 2 zaps to help deal with the CC troops or somewhere else. A top zap lalo player will know how to deal with the different CC combos that come out. The standard in the past meta was lava and HH. You would zap the HH and the lava is no big deal at all. Witches? Even easier. Remember, 1 zap can 1 hit KO witches. 2 zaps will be more than enough to clear 3 witches in a CC, especially if they bunch up together. But, mass witches and witches in general are outdated meta defensive CCs and you won't encounter them that often in higher legends. Count yourself lucky if you do, they are outdated for a reason. The real dangerous CC for zap lalo right now is super minions/HH which is the meta defensive CC choice currently. 2 zaps are NOT enough to kill them. Thus, you will need to use ur AQ, BK, minions, BD, etc to clear them. If you don't manage to clear them before your Lalo attack, your 3 star is going to go out the window.
    This reply sums it up imo. I have seen legend league replays/live attacks of few pushers in YouTube and their emphasis seems to be more on pathing of lavaloon troops rather than just value of zaps, lavaloon being strong that it can clear any defenses if there's a clear path. So I don't think OP's doubt regarding fair play is justified simply on not zapping the cc (I don't know if there's something else you saw too).
    Last edited by Player0123; November 21st, 2020 at 08:45 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    I have done this before too lol. When the EA and both scattershots are all in one spot so I can take them all out with 7 zaps and 1 eq or if there is lots of value and I wanted to yolo. Facing the CC troops with all 3 heroes, support troops with a back up freeze is not a big deal at all. Yes, 3 witches can be a tiny bit of an issue, but hero abilities help a lot. It is also exceedingly rare to see a lot of witches in high legends CCs. At most 1 witch that is annoying but not a big deal.
    the point is this guy is very high up in legends... u need to like perfect every hit. I don’t think gambling on cc will get u you there as he cannot afford to fail hits I think. Sure if that guy is at 5600 trophy range, I probably won’t bat an eyelid. But he is so freaking high and uses such a risky strat.
    I agree one hit is not conclusive but it is easy to tell if u scan all his hits.
    Last edited by wind30; November 21st, 2020 at 08:47 AM.