Thread: Are Derby tasks getting harder?

Are Derby tasks getting harder?

Hello fellow farmers,

Our neighbourhood thinks the Derby tasks are getting harder to complete. For instance when doing a town visitor task the character you need doesn't turn up on the express or neighbours farms making it long and drawn out to complete.

With this Bunny Derby there's a whole day between Bunny Time which makes you lose interest! Some of my team are beginning to get fed up so I thought I'd come on here and see if others felt the same or if our team have just hit a bad patch?

I'd be interested in your views please.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland1 View Post
    Hello fellow farmers,

Our neighbourhood thinks the Derby tasks are getting harder to complete. For instance when doing a town visitor task the character you need doesn't turn up on the express or neighbours farms making it long and drawn out to complete.

With this Bunny Derby there's a whole day between Bunny Time which makes you lose interest! Some of my team are beginning to get fed up so I thought I'd come on here and see if others felt the same or if our team have just hit a bad patch?

I don't think it's gotten harder. My hood runs at championship league, max points and aiming for gold. I used to prep a lot but now with only two people doing the derby, we trash and usually start around 8am Eastern time and are done by bed time, usually finishing in top 3. We prioritize derby wins over bunnies so this week, we got 1 bunny and finished. We weren't giving up our placement for a couple of extra prizes. The only time we ever got all 3 bunnies was the week it was a chill bunny derby.

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Hello fellow farmers,

Hi Maryland1,
    No, the derby tasks are not harder. They are actually easier than it used to be...320pt-tasks are appearing more often than in the past...but I'm an old-timer. Maybe you never experienced how long we had to wait for a 320-pt task to appear!. Anyway, if it's not a Mystery derby where you have to take which task is thrown at you, you can just discard Specific Town Visitor tasks if you are having trouble finding the needed visitors and wait for other tasks.

Bunny Time has always been the same...1st bunny on the first day around 5 hrs after official derby start. 2nd bunny the next day (about 1D 7H after the 1st bunny) and 3rd bunny around the 4th day of derby. I never wait for the 3rd bunny so I don't know exactly when. Just because it's a bunny derby doesn't mean you have to get all three bunnies. It's really up to you and your hood what you decide is important to you.

For now, I'm after permits/scrolls, so i want bunny columns to give me more permits/scrolls than I could get if I just went for trophies. Being in top three is no longer an attraction for me as my hood has more than 200 Gold. I was hoping for Custom Plots that are only available for the top three, but they are so rare I don't care anymore. So, I just compromise and go for 2 bunnies. If I happen to be matched with hoods that are trying for 2 or 3 bunnies, I usually end up 1st place anyway.

Centennial Club
    ďMaybe you never experienced how long we had to wait for a 320-pt task to appearď

Thatís true, I do not want to go through that era with endless wait for a decent 320 points tasks anymore. The trashing of low points tasks is no fun. I hop on and off to check on task availability whenever I can so Iím happy that now there are plenty of tasks on the board.

As for bunny derbies, after all the practices and slaughtering of thousands bunnies from assorted bunny derbies, my hoodies and I have found a harmonious way to catch all bunnies and stay top 3. Extra three columns of prizes, albeit itís silly that we have to wait for so long for next bunny, we like it 😁

I'm sure the AI makes sure it lowers to possibility of needed people (by neighbors) being on the express, so you call it in over and over spending diamonds.

Just as it give you more of the expansion materials you have most of.

Tasks that use to last until he derby ended have changed

Hello fellow farmers,

I hate Mystery Derbyís period. Involve the bunnies and itís worse. I just lost a task that took forever because it timed out. It was a task that normally lasts until the end of the derby. New way to get a person to buy the Farm Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissMeow View Post
    I hate Mystery Derbyís period. Involve the bunnies and itís worse. I just lost a task that took forever because it timed out. It was a task that normally lasts until the end of the derby. New way to get a person to buy the Farm Pass.
    That sucks! Which task was it? I never thought to make sure they were still "until derby ends". Will be more observant in future derbys, thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissMeow View Post
    I hate Mystery Derby’s period. Involve the bunnies and it’s worse. I just lost a task that took forever because it timed out. It was a task that normally lasts until the end of the derby. New way to get a person to buy the Farm Pass.
    What was the task? I haven’t notice the duration of any tasks changing.
    Farm ID - #9Y2R9CPV
    Farm Level - 200
    Town Level - 62
    Achievements Completed - 144/144
    Game Center - Philly+B