Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why do we have to wait to know what’s coming in Clan Games?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Sorry but that’s pretty unfounded for the most part. Theres a few things to separate here.

First of all CG differ each month. The rewards differ and so do the boosted challenges, this may cause you to feel CG are easier one month and take a little more effort the next month. It also depends on if the boosted challenges are more to your liking or not. No one likes to do tasks they don’t like but don’t mind doing tasks they do like. Just pick tasks that suit you and CG feels a lot less grindy and you will easily get the point. Remember they last a few days yet people often feel the need to finish them in a day or so...
    Well, until the month when the CG tasks were nerfed, I used to max out Clan Games in 1.5 hrs per account(even with the BB timers). Currently, I am able to do the same only in 1.5 days per account. That is a big difference. Most of my clanmates(from 5-10 clans) feel the same. It is a problem when you alts.

As said rewards differ, some might be exciting and some might be less exciting to you and your situation. However if a consistent nerf was the case then even last month wouldn’t have had any books anymore.
    Tiers 1-5 are getting lackluster. There is a trend in the decrease of the rewards each month.

In the case of books,
    >Nov 2018: 3 books
    >Nov 2019: 2 books
    >Nov 2020: 1 book(?)

The trend is much more noticeable in Tiers 1-5 tho. Decrease in no.of builder potions, shovels and gems.

Books and runes from stand alone events don't happen all that often, they’re meant to be somewhat rare. And yes around holidays and anniversaries or major updates you tend to see them more often. Let’s also not forget that the holiday month is right around the corner. So there’s bound to be some special stuff coming soon.
    Well, they were quite common in the events before. Just check the rewards of the events that were held a while ago.

Lastly BB challenges. A certain while ago BB troop training time was removed. This caused the old BB challenges to be much easier after that change then before which disrupted the balance in effort between main village and builderbase challenges therefore these tasks did have to be adjusted. That being said there are still some quite good builderbase challenges out there with easy and fast points and some are more grindy. Ditch the grindy ones and do the others.
    The adjusting was too much tho. The training time wasn't much of a hurdle tbh. Most of the challenges which gave 1000+ points have either disappeared or are much rarer and give only 1/4 of their points now. Then there are the new common super troops challenges which are restricted to the top three townhalls. To top it off, these challenges are like just 75-150 points which aren't worth the time required to find a clan that donates those exact supertroops. No wonder the forum sees so many "stop CG leaching" threads(I am going to do the same this month, and push my brawlers in the time saved lol).
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; November 21st, 2020 at 12:35 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Well, until the month when the CG tasks were nerfed, I used to max out Clan Games in 1.5 hrs per account(even with the BB timers). Currently, I am able to do the same only in 1.5 days per account. That is a big difference. Most of my clanmates(from 5-10 clans) feel the same. It is a problem when you alts.

Tiers 1-5 are getting lackluster. There is a trend in the decrease of the rewards each month.

In the case of books,

The trend is much more noticeable in Tiers 1-5 tho. Decrease in no.of builder potions, shovels and gems.

Well, they were quite common in the events before. Just check the rewards of the events that were held a while ago.

The adjusting was too much tho. The training time wasn't much of a hurdle tbh. Most of the challenges which gave 1000+ points have either disappeared or are much rarer and give only 1/4 of their points now. Then there are the new common super troops challenges which are restricted to the top three townhalls. To top it off, these challenges are like just 75-150 points which aren't worth the time required to find a clan that donates those exact supertroops. No wonder the forum sees so many "stop CG leaching" threads(I am going to do the same this month, and push my brawlers in the time saved lol).
    1.5 hours per account... see and that’s where the problem is. The fact you juggle multiple accounts is your choice and would sure feel like more work if you do a lot of clan games. Most players just stick to 1 or 2 at most. This isn’t something that should be balanced for the dozen accounts folks. It’s not a sprint you have 6 days.

Chances are it’s getting more lackluster because you’re getting a game overload, even so it’s a matter of opinion you might not like them but others may. As said they change all the time and that doesn’t mean you like them all the time.

Simply counting the number of books and making little other comparisons isn’t painting a full picture either. There are other rewards ya know but it’s obvious you’re book driven, there’s also things like runes and such.
    Nevertheless you have to look at the complete picture of what’s going on in the game and free rewards one can get. These days seasonal challenges are a part of the game which haven’t been around when CG was introduced, sometimes there are more or less other events that come with free stuff. You look at an individual aspect which one little cog in a giant cog wheel of balance.

Like I said every season is different when it comes to boosted tasks, some people are so focused on those 1000 point tasks that they completely miss the tasks which get just a few hundred points but with minimal effort.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    1.5 hours per account... see and that’s where the problem is. The fact you juggle multiple accounts is your choice and would sure feel like more work if you do a lot of clan games. Most players just stick to 1 or 2 at most. This isn’t something that should be balanced for the dozen accounts folks. It’s not a sprint you have 6 days.

Chances are it’s getting more lackluster because you’re getting a game overload, even so it’s a matter of opinion you might not like them but others may. As said they change all the time and that doesn’t mean you like them all the time.

Simply counting the number of books and making little other comparisons isn’t painting a full picture either. There are other rewards ya know but it’s obvious you’re book driven, there’s also things like runes and such.
    Nevertheless you have to look at the complete picture of what’s going on in the game and free rewards one can get. These days seasonal challenges are a part of the game which haven’t been around when CG was introduced, sometimes there are more or less other events that come with free stuff. You look at an individual aspect which one little cog in a giant cog wheel of balance.

Like I said every season is different when it comes to boosted tasks, some people are so focused on those 1000 point tasks that they completely miss the tasks which get just a few hundred points but with minimal effort.
    Right, ig.

Around 400 Cwl Medals per month which can save 3 books and 3 runes together(with option to choice)
    Silver pass magical items
    Extra reward in clan games for 4k points
    This is better than what we were getting previosly

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #45
    Regarding Clan Games,

This was the Clan Games rewards of November 2019. Compare the rewards with what is going to be posted today, and be the judge yourself.
    Pretty similar actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Pretty similar actually.
    Well, one book and two shovels less lol.(There is a ROBE tho)
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; November 21st, 2020 at 04:52 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DocileCreatureLurking View Post
    False,by knowing the rewards earlier we can plan what to do research/upgrade,what books/hammers to take, whether to research troop or spell etc. Depending on the CG rewards.
    You can still plan what to do research next after the CG rewards is announced. So for example CG starts in 5 days, you don't know the rewards yet, why don't do a short upgrade that take 10-12 days instead. When CG ends, you will be able to start another research upgrade and this time according to the magic items rewarded from CG. You have Season Bank, CWL Medals, Season Challenge rewards, CG rewards, the only way to fully utilized how you use magic items is by spending it the moment you receive those magic items. Keeping it will just hindering you receiving surprise rewards like those from the events.

Quote Originally Posted by motto View Post
    When the longest lab upgrades are now 15 days, it's easily possible that we don't have enough time to efficiently use a BoF of BoS.

Sure it is not the end of the world if you waste a couple of days of lab time by not making best use of the rewards, but for many FTP players optimising upgrades is one of the biggest parts of the game. A few extra days to plan wouldn't hurt anyone and would surely help some players.
    Provided that you start a Lab Upgrade one day before the CG starts. Otherwise you shouldn't have any problem. And as said above, you could choose to start a shorter upgrade which took 10-12 days instead of those longer ones.

Millennial Club
    The Books and runes from events have all been replaced by Resource/Training potion except during Anniversary/Christmas months. The number of attacks needed to achieve the rewards are also going up each time.

Regarding Clan Games,

This was the Clan Games rewards of November 2019. Compare the rewards with what is going to be posted today, and be the judge yourself.

On top of it, the huge nerf of the BB tasks have made the CG super-frustrating to do. Would have preferred BB troop training time over this.

In the case of books,

You meant to say the CG rewards is being nerfed every year instead of every month? Because I am pretty sure Nov'18, Nov'19 and Nov'20 isn't just 1 month apart.....

First of all, you can't do a comparison of number of Books offered and say the CG rewards are being nerfed, there are other magic items which is useful and valuable in place of Books. While Books instantly upgrade something for you, but it is only fully efficient when used by someone that always have busy Builders or Full resources. For someone who is casual of less active players, resource potion or training potion for instance, provide much more value and efficient upgrade path (by keeping all Builders busy).

Secondly, there are preferred magic items for each player. I understand that you prioritize Books, then for you to feel that CG rewards are being nerfed is correct. But I can't say that is how it is for al other players. For instance all magic items are gems to me, I sold them, the CG rewards had been more and more rewarding for me, so it's never nerfed, not to mention every month.

Thirdly, there is an option to choose additional Rewards from CG when you reach 4000 point, that's an additional rewards which begins this year, when you consider that there is no way the CG rewards is nerfed.

As for BB tasks, nope. Training time was a big roadblock for BB players. I prefer zero training time with reduce BB point for CG challenge. When you are not maxed, you need BB loot everyday, but you only play CG once a month. There is no math which one is better.

Lastly, with your comparison of November month of each year, I go deeper and see how the rewards is to me
    Nov'18 1st CG: 95 gems, 1 Rune and 1 Book (or 195 gems)
    Nov'18 2nd CG: 80 gems and 3 Books (or 230 gems)
    Nov'19: 170 gems and 2 Books (or 270 gems)
    Nov'20: 120 gems, 1 Rune and 1 Book + 100 gems (or 320 gems)

I convert all others potions to gems as seems like you care more about Books and Runes. Except for number of Books, the CG is still as rewarding if not more. And when you sell it for gems, the CG rewards are far more rewarding than how it was in 2018.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; November 23rd, 2020 at 02:00 AM.

All the game freebies could adversely impact the economy, so any freebies must be reviewed and approved by the Finnish Minister of Economic Affairs first. blender.onlgimp.ccaudacity.vip
    Last edited by CathyWilsona; November 30th, 2020 at 12:03 PM.