Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Letting clans choose words that are censored (One time choice)

Letting clans choose words that are censored (One time choice)

Over the past few days of my playing I have had a lot of text censoring issues making it extremely difficult to hold a conversation in my clan. There are a lot of words that are censored that do not make a lot of sense including many names in my clan such as: ("Zeta" - as far as I'm concerned this is a greek letter (This is my username))("Cell" - this is a scientific term)("Franco" - while this alone isn't censored if it is used in a sentence at all the entire sentence is censored, (Franco is the name of one of my clan mates)).

These and many more are making holding conversations in clan chat extremely tedious, but I have an idea that might be a long term solution to this problem if it was implemented.

Would it be possible for clan leaders to be able to choose the words that are censored when the clan is created?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    No, that is not an option.

The censoring when you have your setting to off is only in place due to US regulations.

It only happens when you have a player from the USA in your clan who is under the age of 16. Allowing you to choose what words are censored would breach the regulations that have required the censoring in the first place.

Alright. Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff14368074 View Post
    Alright. Thank you for the reply.
    Only option you have is to kick out anyone who's under age 16
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

I wonder why should this censor work for everyone in that clan. The censoring should work just for the under 16 person, not everyone. Now whenever someone sees a censored word or sentence, they think that we were swearing, but it was an useful info for any other clanmates which we couldn't render due to censoring. Even sometimes there is misunderstanding occurring between clanmates as they accuse others for insinuated swearing. Any adult is most likely to understand if it could fairly be a swear word without censoring, while it may remain in force for the under 16 from US.
    Last edited by drekdx; November 17th, 2020 at 02:21 AM.
    I would like to thank TerMinus Prime(TP) for this amazing sig . If you want to visit his shop then click here .

Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    I wonder why should this censor work for everyone in that clan. The censoring should work just for the under 16 person, not everyone. Now whenever someone sees a censored word or sentence, they think that we were swearing, but it was an useful info for any other clanmates which we couldn't render due to censoring. Even sometimes there is misunderstanding occurring between clanmates as they accuse others for insinuated swearing. Any adult is most likely to understand if it could fairly be a swear word without censoring, while it may remain in force for the under 16 from US.
    I'd guess it censors everyone because it limits the likelihood of anyone swearing at all. If it was censored only to those under 16, then the adults in the clan who swear away, those under age (per the regulations) can probably still pick up on some of the conversation and infer the swears that are being used. Its quite the swearing deterrent in the overall clan to censor everyone, and probably is working as intended from that standpoint.

OP - I asked similar question a couple weeks ago. Check this thread. Some others got merged into it too and there is some direct feedback from Darian in here.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-too-sensitive
    Last edited by MandoCoC; November 17th, 2020 at 03:09 AM.

Lol

While talking with my clanmates in hindienglish (hindi in English alphabet) few parts of my message automatically convert into stars and then I am afraid if any one of my clanmates ( according to whom stars contain bad words ) can report me
    So is there any list of words which become stars also are there any thing else (other than bad words ) which become stars.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ItwasAditya View Post
    While talking with my clanmates in hindienglish (hindi in English alphabet) few parts of my message automatically convert into stars and then I am afraid if any one of my clanmates ( according to whom stars contain bad words ) can report me
    So is there any list of words which become stars also are there any thing else (other than bad words ) which become stars.
    While there obviously is a list, Supercell are not going to publish it, for the same reason we don't publish the list of censored words on the forum.

Publishing a list makes it much easier for people to create words which are close to the intended swear words without being censored.

Has supercell censored 'Gems'? Spam bots now use 'Jems' instead.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Has supercell censored 'Gems'? Spam bots now use 'Jems' instead.
    That is about them trying to avoid automated spam filters.