Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Defining a Classic war mismatch

Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Well it usually draws rushed-mid TH7 opponents and somehow seems to decrease overall war weight and gives easy opponent clans in war. So, its profit for me lol.
    The draw is full roster, so cant be sure what effect that account is having..
    You can be sure of its defensive weight with a glance at the war day map or FC, but not its war weight.

It is also a rushed account, so will go some way towards creating an unbalanced war, but that is also dependent on the rest of the roster..
    If the rest of the roster were balanced maxer type, then the engi wouldnt affect the draw pattern too much, so long as the weights/halls werent too light..
    But if used with some other rushed/engineered accounts, and/or the roster is pretty stretched, then a rushed or stretched opponent would likely be found.

Down side with the one cannon, is that it is purely an offense account.. If troops, camps, spells and heroes are maxed, which is usual for that type of account, then it will still likely carry a lot of war weight, which isnt visible when viewing the war map..
    And a trade off of power will have to be found somewhere on the roster.

Biggest concern to me would be that once unbalanced wars are spun, then there isnt much control over the spin result, and a "some you win, some you lose" lottery ensues..
    Unless the roster is set up to guarantee it is in ones favour.. But that takes far more than 1 account.

EDIT.. Since you get favourable spin results by using it, then your roster would appear to lend itself well to engineering, either by design or by luck..
    But if it is working for you, then you dont fix what isnt broken mate.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; November 18th, 2020 at 07:03 PM.

Well it usually draws rushed-mid TH7 opponents and somehow seems to decrease overall war weight and gives easy opponent clans in war. So, its profit for me lol.
    It doesn't "draw" one other account on the other clan. The fact that it happens to have the same number in the map order does not mean your account "matched" or "drew" that account.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

New Bloke/Chick
    I have two 7's - I have watched them flip flop war position for two weeks, sometimes on just two more upgraded wall pieces.

Now, with both fully maxxed, the one account has jumped the other in the lineup with the only difference being one additional troop upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Krei View Post
    I have two 7's - I have watched them flip flop war position for two weeks, sometimes on just two more upgraded wall pieces.

Now, with both fully maxxed, the one account has jumped the other in the lineup with the only difference being one additional troop upgraded.
    map is defense only.. That troop level makes no difference.
    If 2 accounts share the same defensive weight, it is purely server side which one comes before the other on the war map.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    The draw is full roster, so cant be sure what effect that account is having..
    You can be sure of its defensive weight with a glance at the war day map or FC, but not its war weight.

It is also a rushed account, so will go some way towards creating an unbalanced war, but that is also dependent on the rest of the roster..
    If the rest of the roster were balanced maxer type, then the engi wouldnt affect the draw pattern too much, so long as the weights/halls werent too light..
    But if used with some other rushed/engineered accounts, and/or the roster is pretty stretched, then a rushed or stretched opponent would likely be found.

Down side with the one cannon, is that it is purely an offense account.. If troops, camps, spells and heroes are maxed, which is usual for that type of account, then it will still likely carry a lot of war weight, which isnt visible when viewing the war map..
    And a trade off of power will have to be found somewhere on the roster.

Biggest concern to me would be that once unbalanced wars are spun, then there isnt much control over the spin result, and a "some you win, some you lose" lottery ensues..
    Unless the roster is set up to guarantee it is in ones favour.. But that takes far more than 1 account.

EDIT.. Since you get favourable spin results by using it, then your roster would appear to lend itself well to engineering, either by design or by luck..
    But if it is working for you, then you dont fix what isnt broken mate.
    Right, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It doesn't "draw" one other account on the other clan. The fact that it happens to have the same number in the map order does not mean your account "matched" or "drew" that account.
    Yes, but then I feel that individual base war weight is also factored in at least a bit for matchmaking. Else, a 8,8,8,8,8 would get matched with a 13,3,3,3,3 right(which is not happening)?

Right, lol.

Yes, but then I feel that individual base war weight is also factored in at least a bit for matchmaking. Else, a 8,8,8,8,8 would get matched with a 13,3,3,3,3 right(which is not happening)?
    Yep, it isn't just a total of all of the weight. It used to be the case that you could add some th3s at the bottom of the roster and get a very good match by having an advantage in all the other spots, but not anymore. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you are in a clan that does the (not very good) war plan of attacking mirror numbers and, thus, you like the "match" you get across from you (even though you know it isn't actually a "match" made by the matchmaker.
    Last edited by 2222; November 19th, 2020 at 02:44 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    but not anymore.
    It does still have an effect, but just not as much as before. Also, it takes a long time to find an opponent if you do it now.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you are in a clan that does the (not very good) war plan of attacking mirror numbers and, thus, you like the "match" you get across from you (even though you know it isn't actually a "match" made by the matchmaker.
    I am playing one-man wars, lol(5vs5 or 10vs10 rn, will increase as more accounts get readied). Usually, I attack the first 2 bases with my main, 3rd and 4th opponent base with my second ID and so on.

It does still have an effect, but just not as much as before. Also, it takes a long time to find an opponent if you do it now.
    It does still have an effect, but it is a different effect than before. One of the differences is using engineered accounts increases the chance of matching with another clan doing the same and/or having an uneven match. Sometimes, that uneven match is in your favor and other times against. For most decent clans that win at a high %, that is not a good trade-off.

I've still got to go back and do the war we just finished, but the war after the one on page one we were on the opposite side with a similar advantage. the most recent war fairly balanced, and so is our current war.

View the log here: https://cocp.it/clan/UL0Y9G9Y

vs Red Waters, we were 2/1/5/1/1 they were 1/2/5/0/1/1. Heroes: we held 4.3% advantage at queen and a 60% advantage at RC, while they held a 3.6% advantage at king and a 1% advantage at Warden. We had a 5.24% weight advantage.
    End Result - we had a decent advantage overall, and beat them by 5 stars.

vs beast towers, we were 3/1/3/3/3/1/1, they were 3/1/4/3/2/2. Heroes: we held queen, warden and RC advantage by 4.4%, 1% and 30% respectively, they held king advantage by 3.1%. They had a 3% weight advantage.
    End Result - we again had a significant RC advantage, but I would call this a more even war than the one vs Red Waters. We won 44-42.

vs Ataraxis II, we were 2/1/3/3/4/1/0/0/0/1 and they were 2/1/4/2/6. Heroes: we held GW and RC advantage by 4.8% and 62.5% respectively. They held king and queen advantage by 9.3% and 3.2% respectively. They also held a 7.1% weight advantage.
    End Result - we won 45-43. This was a weird one as their top bases did not match well with ours at all. At the top 2, we held a 10K weight advantage, even though overall they held an 89K advantage. I assume the MM felt that the offset of the defense weight lower in the lineup made up for this. I believe we had a distinct advantage in this match, we just had to do a little more dipping than normal to get everything covered.

Only thing I can glean from this so far is that I believe the RC is underweighted comparatively speaking. Near as I can tell everyone should be maxing RC ASAP at 13.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes