Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 3 star rates and other info of attack strats in coc world championship

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think there is a difference here of everyone having a 50% rate vs. 50% of attacks being 3d. That’s why he is saying if 50% are 3d on the first wave and then only 50% of the remaining bases on the second wave, there still would be 25% not 3d.
    What on Earth does that even mean??? So on the first wave the hitrate will be 50%, but on the 2nd wave of attacks it will go down to 25% because.... ????
    50% hitrate means perfect war in normal wars with 2 attacks. For real I don't understand what you ppl even argue about when it's just simple math... Like 1+1=2
    Last edited by MyH4oBG; November 21st, 2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    What on Earth does that even mean??? So on the first wave the hitrate will be 50%, but on the 2nd wave of attacks it will go down to 25% because.... ????
    50% hitrate means perfect war in normal wars with 2 attacks. For real I don't understand what you ppl even argue about when it's just simple math... Like 1+1=2
    I don't know why you said "you people" when I'm not the one arguing it. As I said, you are correct, if everyone has an exactly 50% 3 star rate on their attacks, that means all bases 3 starred in a 2 attack war. I don't think anyone disagrees with that, how could they?

I instead was trying to clarify what I think Ajax was saying. He was saying if everyone uses their first attack and half of them result in 3 stars, now the other clan has half of their bases still standing. Now, if everyone uses their second attack and half of the bases are 3d, the enemy has 25% of their bases still standing (not 3 starred).

That is not the same as saying everyone on the clan has an exact 50% 3 star result/rate, which is what you are referring to, which of course would mean 100% 3 star on the other clan.
    Last edited by 2222; November 21st, 2020 at 06:39 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I don't know why you said "you people" when I'm not the one arguing it. As I said, you are correct, if everyone has an exactly 50% 3 star rate on their attacks, that means all bases 3 starred in a 2 attack war. I don't think anyone disagrees with that, how could they?
    Ajax sure is.

Ajax sure is.
    I don't think so, see my edited reply above which I changed while you were posting your reply. He is talking about something different.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Look at it this way. First wave in 20v20 for example, 50% of your attacks 3 star. That leaves 10. Second round of attacks, 50% of your attacks 3 star which leaves 5. Next round gets between 2 and 3 3 stars. Reminds me of a saying by an old math professor. If you and your significant other are on opposite ends of the couch and you repeatedly move half the distance between you, in theory, you will never get there. However, you will soon get close enough for practical purposes.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Look at it this way. First wave in 20v20 for example, 50% of your attacks 3 star. That leaves 10. Second round of attacks, 50% of your attacks 3 star which leaves 5. Next round gets between 2 and 3 3 stars. Reminds me of a saying by an old math professor. If you and your significant other are on opposite ends of the couch and you repeatedly move half the distance between you, in theory, you will never get there. However, you will soon get close enough for practical purposes.
    You only have 2 attacks, there is no 3rd or 4th round of attacks.
    If your first 20 attacks triple 10 bases, your next 20 attacks triple 10 bases again, not 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    Then why do you even read and reply to this thread?

I see barely anyone here appreciating that this redditor took the time to go through all the attacks in all the qualifiers to give us those stats.

Even if you are just a casual player you can at least get a good idea which strategies are performing well and are worth to invest some time in.
    I agree.. I also agree with 2222's statement below..
    As we speak, I am still farming my 13 up to max, so havent even started to look seriously at my offense game.
    I cant do above 2 stars on a decent 13, even tho I now have a max offense.

But I do still like to keep track on what does and doesnt work well, even tho skill is on the back burner for now..
    Kudos to anyone that keeps the masses informed.

But moving onto 2222's post.. I play for fun..
    And fun for me includes scoring 3 star hits, and for this reason I enjoy my lower hall mini's more than my big boy.

IMV, it is a game, an escape from real life..
    I do get where the elite players are coming from, what with esl and all, but I feel the game still relies on folk whom cant do the top level game play in order to survive..
    And therefore the game balance should be set primarily with those folk in mind.
    Keep it challenging, but also keep it real.. A continuous 2 star game isnt much fun when the idea is to score 3, and not everybody has the time or inclination to put hours of practice in.. Not for playing a game.

I think that’s irrelevant unless it happens as often as the number of players who quit because it is too hard/frustrating. With millions of players, I’m sure it happens, but I bet it is very rare. Look how many players intentionally keep low accounts they can be more successful with. Why? Because it’s fun.

Millions of players play this game, how many watch those competitions? Search for it, you’ll see it’s a small number.
    Not that small in my opinion, the world championship finals have one million views on the official yt channel.
    And that doesn't even account for the various streamers from different parts of the world who streamed the finals as well in their language.

I really enjoyed watching those streams back when I still played in a casual Clan. The monthly qualifiers were something I looked forward to.

Now we have multiple of those top Quality matches getting streamed every week with the national esl tournaments and all the community leagues getting involved. The game has changed a lot since last year and I like the direction it has been going.

But as a result the competitive coc community is now much bigger and more relevant than it was before th12. More relevant than some of the forum users like to put it.

Someone pls call a mathematician here it's an emergency.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; November 21st, 2020 at 06:35 PM.

You only have 2 attacks, there is no 3rd or 4th round of attacks.
    If your first 20 attacks triple 10 bases, your next 20 attacks triple 10 bases again, not 5.
    Right, because on your second "round" of attacks, you have 20 attacks but only 10 bases to attack.