Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 3 star rates and other info of attack strats in coc world championship

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I think his maths is on the same level as his coc....
    Banned!!
    Well that was inevitable.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; November 21st, 2020 at 01:10 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #62
    Quote Originally Posted by mymolnar View Post
    Mathematicaly speaking, I'd say you are wrong in this case. If you triple 50% of time in 10v10 war with 2 hits, you should get 10 triples. Unless someone hits a base, that's already been 3-starred, you should get a perfect war.

The 75% would be the outcome, if you simply attacked every base twice, including those tripled on the 1st try. If you only have 50% of bases left for 2nd round of attacks, you should (theoreticaly) get to 75% and still have half of your clanmates with 1 attack left each.
    Indeed. Then those people attack the 25% of bases left and triple half of them. You now have 12.5% not tripled. And so on. It will not be100%.

Centennial Club
    If people are not 3 starring ie not having fun why are they playing and 3 starring is not that difficult I have never seen someone who is really trying to get 3 stars in this meta (after zap rework) fail everytime they are getting success so it is not that difficult I am in master 2 and people in my clan and other clan where i was players who are trying to practice zap lalo hybrid are getting triples every 2attacks if they are good with it and 3-4 attacks if they are not that good

If a clan does a 40:40 war, each player with 2 attacks for 80 in total and the clan has a 50% 3 star rate. After each player uses their first attack, they will have 20 3 stars, 40 attacks remaining with 20 bases left to clear.

If the clan remains consistent with a 50% 3 star rate, would that not mean the remaining 20 bases will get 3 stared at a 50% rate with 40 attacks available for the clan to use?
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Also not to forget, players retire when the game becomes too easy and its no longer challenging as well.
    I think that’s irrelevant unless it happens as often as the number of players who quit because it is too hard/frustrating. With millions of players, I’m sure it happens, but I bet it is very rare. Look how many players intentionally keep low accounts they can be more successful with. Why? Because it’s fun.

? He did compare nerfing to 100% hit rate which is totally wrong. If it reaches just 50% it offense is already waayy too op as that would mean perfect wars in 2 hit format. Even if it reaches like 40%, I still think offense needs nerf. Ideally it should be 30%.

btw do u know the latest c1 cwl hit rate? Trying to search for it.
    He said it isn’t like we have a 100% rate. You read way to much into it in an attempt to insult him. Yes, the most recent rates increased up to the mid 30s. I wonder if they will drop a little in the next one with the increased defense. Anyway, that’s the elite C1 players. Meanwhile, the millions of average players are less than half that.

what I am saying is sc don’t want to see perfect wars at the highest competitive level. which make sense... I mean look at sports in general. I can’t play volleyball at pro level but if the pros can spike at a 100% hit rate, do u think volleyball will survive??? Does it matter if the normal folks like you and me cannot spike at 100% hit rate? No... the game must remain competitive even at the highest level.

I think they should just drop the 2 hit war format.
    Millions of players play this game, how many watch those competitions? Search for it, you’ll see it’s a small number. As for regular war, there is no need. Any clan that is made of players who spend so much time on the game that 2 hit max th13 wars are too easy can simply not play them.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Indeed. Then those people attack the 25% of bases left and triple half of them. You now have 12.5% not tripled. And so on. It will not be100%.
    Do you even read what you write as it makes zero sense???
    If everyone has 50% hitrate that means everyone has 1 triple (1 out of 2 is 50%) which makes a perfect war...
    Last edited by MyH4oBG; November 21st, 2020 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Do you even read what you write as it makes zero sense???
    If everyone has 50% hitrate that means everyone has 1 triple (1 out of 2 is 50%) which makes a perfect war...
    I think there is a difference here of everyone having a 50% rate vs. 50% of attacks being 3d. That’s why he is saying if 50% are 3d on the first wave and then only 50% of the remaining bases on the second wave, there still would be 25% not 3d.

Yes, if everyone has a 50% attack rate exactly then that would mean all bases 3d. More likely there would be some with higher and some with lower and some bases take more than two and you wouldn’t be 100% even with an average rate of 50% overall for all players over time, but, yeah, some wars would definitely be 100% with that high of a 3 star rate. Good thing is, we could double the current rate and the vast majority of players still wouldn’t have to worry about 100%.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I really could not care less about what kinds of attacks a few "pro" players are using.
    CoC: Elder in war clan Fontana #YQP89RPV. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Co-Leader in Greece Elite #PCUPC0VV
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    I really could not care less about what kinds of attacks a few "pro" players are using.
    Then why do you even read and reply to this thread?

I see barely anyone here appreciating that this redditor took the time to go through all the attacks in all the qualifiers to give us those stats.

Even if you are just a casual player you can at least get a good idea which strategies are performing well and are worth to invest some time in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    Then why do you even read and reply to this thread?

I see barely anyone here appreciating that this redditor took the time to go through all the attacks in all the qualifiers to give us those stats.

Even if you are just a casual player you can at least get a good idea which strategies are performing well and are worth to invest some time in.
    That's just his opinion why you got so hurt with that?