Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why is this English only?

Why is this English only?

Isn't Supercell a Finnish company?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Supercell are a Finnish company, yes.

But not many people outside Finland speak Finnish, so making the forums Finnish only would lead to them hardly being used.

Allowing multiple languages will never work, and English is by far the most commonly spoken second language across the world.

Yes, but what does that have to do with it? Just like a French became the international language for diplomacy, English has become such for commerce, technology and industry. Some non-English native speaking places even have English as mandatory education. So why not English? More globally are fluent in it than in Finnish. Many within Finland do speak English: https://howwidelyspoken.com/is-engis...poken-finland/
    Last edited by rowman; November 13th, 2020 at 04:48 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    ...Many within Finland do speak English: https://howwidelyspoken.com/is-engis...poken-finland/
    I can vouch for that! In February 2018 I arrived at Helsinki Airport for a Mods' meet-up. (We were guests of Supercell, and had a wonderful time).

Although I've travelled fairly extensively, it was my first time of flying alone. I must confess I was feeling very happy - and a little smug - as I walked through the airport, as all had gone really well. I made the mistake of smiling as I approached a Border Guard. She shouted at me in Finnish. I said "I'm sorry; I don't understand" and she immediately switched to shouting in perfect English. After a couple of questions she let me go on my way.
    Last edited by Cowslips; November 13th, 2020 at 10:32 AM.

Hay Day level 196 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Can't the forums have translate or different sub forums for different languages it something?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon81 View Post
    Can't the forums have translate or different sub forums for different languages it something?
    Considering the fact that there are thousands of spoken languages in the world today, the answer would be no.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; November 15th, 2020 at 04:32 PM.
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

You can use Google translate and then post the translated words.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    No.

As I said above, allowing multiple languages will never work.

Maybe we can have some of the most common languages in here. As in have separate forums for different languages, such as Chinese, Indian, etc.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Maybe we can have some of the most common languages in here. As in have separate forums for different languages, such as Chinese, Indian, etc.
    No.

Allowing multiple languages will never work.

There would be far too many issues here if some people were talking in languages others didn't understand, and that moderators didn't understand.

Supercell are not going to recruit an additional set of moderators for each popular language. And even if they were to try adding just a few, you would then get immediate (and justified) complaints as to why certain languages were accepted an others weren't.

These forums are English language only, and that is how it is going to stay.