Thread: Player Stats

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?

Player Stats

New thread, old topic, but Iím wondering how things have changed for people.

I remember years ago before the recruitment tool (maybe even before Clash of Stats?), someone (I think it was one of the GASPs, not sure now) made a cool post about how they used a playerís profile and stats, what they meant to him, and helped him decide whether to invite them.

What brought this to mind was the discussions of recruitment and of XP going on in other threads.

But I recall then, looking at FIN, for example. If it was really low for their TH, might not accept someone because they werenít as likely to help others out, etc. But now... a low FIN for a town hall 9, even 10+ might just mean they have spent time in a clan with a lot of high town halls that request max troops and they *couldnít donate. Some with high FIN might have just donated to themselves if they have multiple accounts, perhaps even more so with SCID making it easier for some.

So...Since the meta has changed things dramatically over the years,

How do you look at these things now? What do you look for in accepting/inviting players initially? What might steer you away?

Which stats are still meaningful?

Do you even actually look at profiles or Clash of Stats, or do you just accept and see how things go for a while?

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post

How do you look at these things now? What do you look for in accepting/inviting players initially? What might steer you away?

Which stats are still meaningful?

Do you even actually look at profiles or Clash of Stats, or do you just accept and see how things go for a while?
    activity is important for me, Friend in need , attacks done in a season (this is ignored if new season starts)
    decent war stars , CG Points and War league
    Now i dont check clash of stats , earlier I used to do
    as my clan give preference to below parameters
    Farming>Donation>War>Clangames>CWL

These days rarely anyone apply

PS : Whatever i told you was things i look into player profile couple of months back. But i still do check them for recruitment
    Last edited by TerMinus Prime; November 12th, 2020 at 06:35 PM.

REBUILDING Clan-Total Balloony | Forum achievements
    /50 members (1-TH12, 4-TH13)Need TH9+||CWL(Crystal League 3)||Casual Clan
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*My recent work

Forum Elder
    For me it starts with TH level but that is mostly because we are pretty TH13 heavy and have many minis so anything below TH11 is a no go unless they are a friend of someone already in clan. Next is language which we see in the ask to join. Next I look for upgrades and hero levels. If they are too lopsided, they arent of much use to us and will have a lousy experience in wars and CWL. Next I look at donates, we want someone who will contribute. Until they are accepted, that is good enough for us.

Once inside, the first few days is to make sure they are a good fit, if not we kick.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Hey Mommy, I remember somehow that discussion, but it was ages ago.
    I think I answered then, and would still answer with ratio (assuming they arenít completely wacked by unusual behavior such as not collecting obstacles, ...):
    - HH/FiN: shows activity over playtime,
    - WS/FiN: was a good indicator of war prowess, a mid band being better, low means few wars, high means either very good (if also high WS) or attacking low, dipping essentially,
    - CG overall: clan participation,
    - the amount of xbow/IT/EA/etc... depending on the TH level also indicates how the players Ďfarmnsí, low numbers means low leagues usually, ...

FiN is just a marker for Ďageí. WS shows wars, but they could be acquired in many ways...
    Meanwhile, if I have time, I will lookup the old discussion and see if I find it.

The clan I'm in is a serious war clan and we only accept th11+, so th level is a factor.
    Other factors: hero levels, too low they're rejected. We expect people to nearly max their heroes at each th level, so a th11 with level 20 heroes would get rejected, but a th11 with level 35 heroes (max at th10 is 40) would most likely get accepted.

Also building/troop/spell/siege levels: if any of those are too low for their th level they'd be rejected. As with heroes, we expect a new th11/12/13 to have max/near max buildings/troops/spells/sieges for the previous th level.

Anything less would be a hindrance to the clan. We do look at things like donation ratios and other stats that would indicate decent activity.
    Last edited by joemann8478; November 13th, 2020 at 12:36 AM.

We only accept TH10+
    For our clan, the only thing we look at in the profile is FIN.
    Only need 3 stars FIN to join.

Everything else required are base weight/progression.

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Hey Mommy, I remember somehow that discussion, but it was ages ago.
    I think I answered then, and would still answer with ratio (assuming they aren’t completely wacked by unusual behavior such as not collecting obstacles, ...):
    - HH/FiN: shows activity over playtime,
    - WS/FiN: was a good indicator of war prowess, a mid band being better, low means few wars, high means either very good (if also high WS) or attacking low, dipping essentially,
    - CG overall: clan participation,
    - the amount of xbow/IT/EA/etc... depending on the TH level also indicates how the players ‘farmns’, low numbers means low leagues usually, ...

FiN is just a marker for ‘age’. WS shows wars, but they could be acquired in many ways...
    Meanwhile, if I have time, I will lookup the old discussion and see if I find it.
    Thanks, Palu! If you don’t have time or can’t find it, that’s ok. I’m happy someone here knows what I’m talking about, lol. Good to see you.

Also, thanks to all who have given their input so far. It’s really interesting to me, to see what seem like quite varied responses in such a quick time. Really points to how unique clans are in terms of focus and what’s important to them.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Nothing really intresting in a profile.

i look at their base, troops and hero's and if it makes sense they are accepted.

They must react within 15 minutes ( even if its just "hello") or they r kicked. Rest we will see.

I've seen players with 2000+ Warstars that can't 3 star 2 th below them..
    Players with a million donations.. that don't donate.
    etc etc..

profile is only good to see all trooplvls and herolvls on 1 page.

Millennial Club
    First th lvl since were heavy up top 11s barely make it(if they know someone in clan) else its 12 and up
    Second heros lvl if heros are maxed they will have preety much maxed(offense they need camps and stuff)
    Third comes XP lvl
    Nothing more no COS amd stuff(it takes too much time)
    We let em in have a chat and see how things go obviously we avoid letting spy(which happens rarely in today gameplay) in