Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not doing anymore GLOBAL EVENTS

Not doing anymore GLOBAL EVENTS

I have decided not to do anymore Global Events unless the scavenger ability is removed. As we don't usually reach the limit on most global events I'd guess I'm late to that party.

Supercell, please eliminate the ability for scavengering through the Global Events.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoufy View Post
    I have decided not to do anymore Global Events unless the scavenger ability is removed. As we don't usually reach the limit on most global events I'd guess I'm late to that party.

Supercell, please eliminate the ability for scavengering through the Global Events.
    Thanks.

ok - guess I’m dumb - but what is the scavenger ability?
    Farm 278 - Town 93
    Barn 15,000 - Silo 13,850
    1 Scroll to collect and all the land is open
    kik: perky76

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty123 View Post
    ok - guess I’m dumb - but what is the scavenger ability?
    Me too. Scavenger ability?
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Maybe they mean other people being able to see their farm and buy stuff from their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty123 View Post

ok - guess Iím dumb - but what is the scavenger ability?
    Not dumb....
    The minute you fish (do a truck, boat, etc ) during a global event your farm goes on the "recent" tab on the global event board, anyone can click on your farm, and take everything in your shop.

NOW, before someone says, "well isn't that what it's there for?" Some neighborhoods, ours included, share expansion items (we take turns expanding barns/silos/land) and are very careful to make sure the recipient is playing, etc before we put items in the shop for them. BUT if you've participated in the global event someone will snatch them right from under your nose.

For example, I fished 3 spots this morning, put a couple of barn items in my shop for my neighbor and she didn't even get a chance to get them, it was as if someone was sitting there waiting...boom, scavenged right from under her nose.

I don't think I'm the only person who feels this way as we reach the global limit less and less often anymore.

Encouraging others to step out of their comfort zone...
    The issue of unknown players finding your shop through the global contribution lists, as well as the last helpers list, and either raiding it or buying items intended for hoodies, has been discussed many times on the forum. I know players who will either not participate in global events or not sell in their shop while they do, because of this.

There was a time when I was irritated by the shop raiders (I've started threads on this as well), but these days, I find myself focused on matters of more importance to me.

This topic has always been controversial, so I'm not sure if there will be any elimination of these lists, although the duration one stays on the last helpers list was decreased a while ago.

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Some time ago I "suggested" a neighbourhood trading post...Stuff I only want my neighbourhood to see and purchase.
    Anything else I can put on the Roadside shop.

I think that suggestion got filed under the "No chance" category hehe

Oh wow. Ok, thanks for the education. I was wondering why some unknown visitor bought from my baby farm. I'll remember this for future global events.

I find it difficult to understand that some farmers donít want stuff bought from their shop. Why put it there then?

P.s. I have traded numerous times with farmers from this forum and have never experienced someone snatching the items not intended for them.

If you want to use the shop privately ... just do it at agreed time, or chat to set up the expansion item trading rather than using the shop(s) as shared barns.