Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan war match making

Clan war match making

When it comes to the clan war matchmaking I know it takes these things into consideration

Townhall level
    Defenses
    Hereos
    Number of defenses

(Correct me if I'm wrong with any of these or pls add something that I left out)

1.I want to know if it considers any of these over the others, kind of prioritising it or it takes them into consideration by no specific order.

2. Also does the MM system take the average of your war roster and find an opponent of a similar average? If so then how does it do this and take the defensive levels and hero levels into consideration as well?

The short answer to both questions is: we don't know.

We assume (at least the engineers do and I have no reason to doubt them), that matchmaking is primarily concerned with offensive and defensive strength of any roster you stick into it.

I don't personally think the MM does an explicit weighing of Townhalls though. It's more probable there's a 'soft weighing' arising from the offense/defense strength of a roster.

It could be that the MM attempts to look for similar averages first and then look for similar distributions second. Again we don't know. We do assume though, that every parameter (troop levels etc) that can describe a base has a sort of weight attached to it and that this weight constitutes the search criteria for the MM.

But I'm sure some of the other regulars around here, who do real roster manicuring, can shed some more light on it.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Supercell will not go into details of just what the matchmaker considers, as that would make it too easy to game the system.

We do know generically that it takes both offensive strength and defensive strength into account, and that there is some consideration given to Town hall levels (but I believe the latter is very minor).

They are simply not going to tell us what the priorities are, or any details regarding what "weighs" more than something else.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCream099 View Post
    When it comes to the clan war matchmaking I know it takes these things into consideration

Townhall level
    Defenses
    Hereos
    Number of defenses

(Correct me if I'm wrong with any of these or pls add something that I left out)

1.I want to know if it considers any of these over the others, kind of prioritising it or it takes them into consideration by no specific order.

2. Also does the MM system take the average of your war roster and find an opponent of a similar average? If so then how does it do this and take the defensive levels and hero levels into consideration as well?
    Biggest thing you left out here is troops unlocked and troop levels. And I doubt the "number of defenses" has any effect at all except in that each defense you build adds defensive weight.

Note that it can't possibly be based SOLELY on any sort of "average weight" otherwise you could end up with some really screwy matchups.

Either way like others have said no one really knows for sure.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes