Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: RC ability under single inferno and Queen ability under splash damage

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It should not be made "better".

I am quite sure it works the way it does by design. It is meant to be a "better than losing it completely" situation, not a substitute for doing it manually with good timing.

There were quite a few complaints when it was brought in that it would take away the skill, and if it were made much "better", then it would.
    I don't disagree with you, you are not wrong.
    But think about it. The whole logic is gone for a toss.

Auto ability before death is not happening before death!

The primary issue I have found with the RC is that there seems to be random amount of time between when you trigger the ability and when it actually tosses the shield. I have seen this upwards of close to a second and other times virtually instantly. Pretty sure it has something to do with triggering while it's attacking.

The other 3 heroes use their ability the instant you click it. If the RC consistently tossed the shield X amount of time after triggering it would be fine. As it stands it's a tad annoying as I find myself doing it earlier than I should just to ensure it occurs.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    The primary issue I have found with the RC is that there seems to be random amount of time between when you trigger the ability and when it actually tosses the shield. I have seen this upwards of close to a second and other times virtually instantly. Pretty sure it has something to do with triggering while it's attacking.

The other 3 heroes use their ability the instant you click it. If the RC consistently tossed the shield X amount of time after triggering it would be fine. As it stands it's a tad annoying as I find myself doing it earlier than I should just to ensure it occurs.
    This ability requires targetting, which the other heroes’ doesn’t. This may explain some lags if the target disappears, or if the targetting is already being used for the main RC attack...
    Not chiming on the rest of the discussion, I guess there are some limitations in the various processes in effect, and at the end the perceived delay may be more due to limitations than ‘intended’.

(To explain: targetting is a time lapse for all actions requiring it. A RC ability requires to target 4 different objects, using the usual AI. There may not be a different target timing for the RC, and may not be possible to create a different timing... yet, thinking of it, the miner was an example when that targetting time was adjusted, or was it just its existence)

Question, why do people use the ability right at the end on auto? I find it far far more effective to use it manually and when they are generally half health, taking champ back to max and all fresh again.
    Also lest we forget, single inferno is meant for taking out big beefy single targets, if it didn't do its job you'd be creating an opposite thread. A lvl15 champ can 1v1 a maxed giga inferno, if it goes in at full health against a max inferno it does come out on top providing it's 1v1 and without the use of freeze or warden. It's tough enough as it is.
    We also benefit from these lags and intended timings by way of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Question, why do people use the ability right at the end on auto? I find it far far more effective to use it manually and when they are generally half health, taking champ back to max and all fresh again.
    This is, in general, a perfectly fine way to do it - I would recommend with the champ you should wait for her to get to 1/3 health before using the ability, otherwise you're wasting some of her HP regeneration. She has 3900 HP at lvl20 and the lvl4 ability regenerates 2600 HP. If she's at half health you can only regenerate 1950 HP.

I tend to try to use abilities earlier as well - the auto-ability is just a safety net in case I lose track of one of the heroes (usually the king).

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Ugh I just wish they’d remove the whole auto ability already.
    It makes for a whole bunch of lazy players who learn to rely on it instead of learning how to BEST use the ability and then complain it ain’t working properly.
    Auto ability is last ditch, last resort.

It shouldn’t be automatically triggered earlier or it would lead to a bunch of complaints that it was triggered too early.
    Learn how to use abilities effectively and do not use auto ability.

Sjeez I wonder if these folks use the airbag every time you need to stop your car or do you use the breaks to actually stop in time.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianVettel View Post
    Questions are.. if auto ability is on, shouldn't it ensure the action is complete for shield to make damage?
    No. It only ensure the ability is pressed before death, it doesn't ensure ability action to complete before death.

In other words, timing is very important for Heroes ability. Auto ability is like to edges sword, sometimes it works for your good, and I can say a lot times is not. At TH13 there are just way too many damage intake (whether it's single inferno or scattershot splash damage) that Heroes ability wouldn't ensure your Heroes survival. I can't see how it could ensure 100% auto ability that works. If it does, then everyone would be on auto ability. So what's the point everyone relying on auto ability and ensure the ability to work 100%.

Millennial Club
    I don't disagree with you, you are not wrong.
    But think about it. The whole logic is gone for a toss.

Auto ability before death is not happening before death!
    This isn't just about Heroes ability isn't it?

If what you proposed that auto ability ensuring 100% complete action, then I could argue my Single Inferno not functioning properly, or my Scattershot is not hitting invisible AQ, even though she is not invincible.

Why bother though, the same auto ability is also working the same way it does for your opponent/attackers. It also helps prevent 3 star on your base. For me personally, I prefer not to get 3 starred luckily by those with auto ability.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; November 11th, 2020 at 01:56 AM.

Definition of auto ability states "usage of ability before death"
    its kinda strange how you didnt mention the king ability in the OP, why is his rage ability exempted from the "needs to finish the entire ability" mentality? is that the only hero you consider the heal to be the "major part of their ability"? either they all should follow the same mechanics or none of them (warden is the only exemption because he literally cant take damage in his ability), which id be all fine for, otherwise it just seems like more bias towards the ranged heroes that you throw your healers on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Also lest we forget, single inferno is meant for taking out big beefy single targets, if it didn't do its job you'd be creating an opposite thread. A lvl15 champ can 1v1 a maxed giga inferno, if it goes in at full health against a max inferno it does come out on top providing it's 1v1 and without the use of freeze or warden. It's tough enough as it is.
    We also benefit from these lags and intended timings by way of defense.
    Obviously there is a reason, if u wait on single inferno, it does some damage n then ability can take out the inferno tower for eg, and u do not want it to be used on for eg AD when doing ground atk for eg, but that wont stop inferno to target RC, huge difference in waiting in some scenario's

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    This isn't just about Heroes ability isn't it?

If what you proposed that auto ability ensuring 100% complete action, then I could argue my Single Inferno not functioning properly, or my Scattershot is not hitting invisible AQ, even though she is not invincible.

Why bother though, the same auto ability is also working the same way it does for your opponent/attackers. It also helps prevent 3 star on your base. For me personally, I prefer not to get 3 starred luckily by those with auto ability.
    You are not making sense or im not understanding, single inferno job is not to give death to hero, its job is to do "a" damage and it does?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Ugh I just wish they’d remove the whole auto ability already.
    It makes for a whole bunch of lazy players who learn to rely on it instead of learning how to BEST use the ability and then complain it ain’t working properly.

It shouldn’t be automatically triggered earlier or it would lead to a bunch of complaints that it was triggered too early.
    Learn how to use abilities effectively and do not use auto ability.

Sjeez I wonder if these folks use the airbag every time you need to stop your car or do you use the breaks to actually stop in time.

Hehehhehehehhehehehe... you do not have to take it that extreme, can't afford a car.. jeeeeeeez.. :-( Even in covid, forced to travel in crowded government run transport

We got some amazing QOL changes to the game, personally, i feel we should be great full no doubt about it, people point out when things do not work properly in "a" instance, that is complaining? Sorry then...

If that's official narrative then its the end of the topic :-)

This happens only when single inferno is on it, if it works to help properly, that should not be complained, that time, "turn off auto ability"

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    No. It only ensure the ability is pressed before death, it doesn't ensure ability action to complete before death.
    Is that like an official reference? just asking. If ability pressed can throw the thing quickly, action can follow (like in cricket the bowler has follow through after throwing the ball
    Last edited by SebastianVettel; November 11th, 2020 at 06:22 AM.