Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: RC ability under single inferno and Queen ability under splash damage

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    ProximA Centauri B
    Posts
    167

    Question RC ability under single inferno

    RC ability under single inferno..

    When you have RC under single inferno, whether its auto ability or not, if you are a tad late, it dies fast.

    Questions are.. if auto ability is on, shouldn't it ensure the action is complete for shield to make damage?
    While auto ability on and manually, you set the ability to go off, death in between the ability, does not set off the shield..
    Auto ability, should ensure the shield goes off?
    Last edited by SebastianVettel; November 10th, 2020 at 02:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Hero JusMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    amongst the stars
    Posts
    6,782
    The cloak makes the queen invisible, not invincible. There was a large thread on this topic quite recently, I'll see if I can find it to link it for you. Any incoming damage at that location will still damage her.

    As for the RC - or anything else - under STIT. It is Damage Over Time, that the STIT does... The auto ability goes off if the next hit would be fatal. In the case of the STIT, the time between 'next hit being fatal' and that hit being dealt is very short due to the nature of the defense?

    Edit:
    Here's that post from September for the invincible/invisible queen
    Last edited by JusMe; November 10th, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

  3. #3
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,229
    From a practical standpoint, you have to know that when your champion or queen is walking into range or a single IT, or a scattershot, the auto-ability won't necessarily save you. Use it earlier, or hang onto a freeze.

    JusMe is spot on about the queen. She's invisible, not invincible. She's particularly vulnerable to mass amounts of splash damage that is brought on by the archers she spawns, e.g. scattershots.

    I think there's an argument to be made that the champion's ability feels a little slow sometimes - there's a split second pause between when it is pressed and when it activates. I suspect this is by design, but I wouldn't mind if the lag is reduced or eliminated.

    Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianVettel View Post
    RC ability under single inferno..

    When you have RC under single inferno, whether its auto ability or not, if you are a tad late, it dies fast.

    Questions are.. if auto ability is on, shouldn't it ensure the action is complete for shield to make damage?
    While auto ability on and manually, you set the ability to go off, death in between the ability, does not set off the shield..
    Auto ability, should ensure the shield goes off?

    Another thing is, queen under ability is dying to splash damage.. so the cloak is only for defense and not for damage, splash is making to nearby archers, etc?
    As said earlier also auto ability is the last resort,you can't rely on it completely.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    388
    A max inferno ticks at 2.2k damage, popping the ability on a champ needs to kill the IT or take it out after the shield attack within 2s IF you're at max health, otherwise it's toast.
    Not sure how the game works out overflow damage, if at at all.
    I.e. champ goes down to 700 health and next tick of the IT is 2.2k damage, will the champ go down to one health and then buff up and the IT then apply the remaining 1500 damage straight away.
    If so that's probably why it dies quick. The heal took a major pounding straight away, and it should apply in theory even if it kills the tower or not.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    ProximA Centauri B
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    the time between 'next hit being fatal' and that hit being dealt is very short due to the nature of the defense?
    At the end of the day, everything is AI!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    From a practical standpoint, you have to know that when your champion or queen is walking into range or a single IT, or a scattershot, the auto-ability won't necessarily save you. Use it earlier, or hang onto a freeze.

    JusMe is spot on about the queen. She's invisible, not invincible. She's particularly vulnerable to mass amounts of splash damage that is brought on by the archers she spawns, e.g. scattershots.

    I think there's an argument to be made that the champion's ability feels a little slow sometimes - there's a split second pause between when it is pressed and when it activates. I suspect this is by design, but I wouldn't mind if the lag is reduced or eliminated.
    Its too slow! I have started doing ability manually, half action, dies and misses shield thingy

    Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    As said earlier also auto ability is the last resort,you can't rely on it completely.
    I have started doing ability manually, that's not the point, the whole auto-ability purpose is to get the ability done before it dies, hence it does not serve the purpose and must be corrected

    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    A max inferno ticks at 2.2k damage, popping the ability on a champ needs to kill the IT or take it out after the shield attack within 2s IF you're at max health, otherwise it's toast.
    Not sure how the game works out overflow damage, if at at all.
    I.e. champ goes down to 700 health and next tick of the IT is 2.2k damage, will the champ go down to one health and then buff up and the IT then apply the remaining 1500 damage straight away.
    If so that's probably why it dies quick. The heal took a major pounding straight away, and it should apply in theory even if it kills the tower or not.
    Agreed but its not making sense to let it die, feels stupid with the whole "auto ability" provided, entire gameplay is AI.
    at AI level, should be done

  7. #7
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,841
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianVettel View Post
    At the end of the day, everything is AI!



    Its too slow! I have started doing ability manually, half action, dies and misses shield thingy



    I have started doing ability manually, that's not the point, the whole auto-ability purpose is to get the ability done before it dies, hence it does not serve the purpose and must be corrected



    Agreed but its not making sense to let it die, feels stupid with the whole "auto ability" provided, entire gameplay is AI.
    at AI level, should be done
    Auto ability is a last ditch tool to cover for you. Its not guarantee. It works fine in some instances but not under heavy fire. If you watch the king or queen when you hit the ability, there is a pause in their attacks. I've seen both hit the ability and die to incoming fire without getting off another shot. In my opinion, it does not need to be fixed as it isn't broken. Using your hero abilities optimally instead of relying on cruise control is what makes the difference between good and poor attacks.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    A max inferno ticks at 2.2k damage, popping the ability on a champ needs to kill the IT or take it out after the shield attack within 2s IF you're at max health, otherwise it's toast.
    Not sure how the game works out overflow damage, if at at all.
    I.e. champ goes down to 700 health and next tick of the IT is 2.2k damage, will the champ go down to one health and then buff up and the IT then apply the remaining 1500 damage straight away.
    If so that's probably why it dies quick. The heal took a major pounding straight away, and it should apply in theory even if it kills the tower or not.
    If the damage is more than the remaining health, then they will effectively go into negative health. And if the buff then doesn't bring it back to positive, they die without their ability ever actually being effective.

    AIUI, this isn't true for King or Warden because their abilities fire instantly rather than being slightly delayed (feels like a long delay for RC!).

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    ProximA Centauri B
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Auto ability is a last ditch tool to cover for you. Its not guarantee. It works fine in some instances but not under heavy fire. If you watch the king or queen when you hit the ability, there is a pause in their attacks. I've seen both hit the ability and die to incoming fire without getting off another shot. In my opinion, it does not need to be fixed as it isn't broken. Using your hero abilities optimally instead of relying on cruise control is what makes the difference between good and poor attacks.
    Definition of auto ability states "usage of ability before death"
    We can actually work around without the whole auto ability thing as well, no arguing that, if it wont be there, it will be ok.

    But if its there, might as well, make it better..
    Things do not have to be "broken" to make it better.

    Good becomes better and better becomes best.
    If can be solved at the AI or some other way.

    If its unsolvable/too complex/too complicated a problem then yes, its end of the topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    (feels like a long delay for RC!).
    Manually also, if you keep it tight, you loose it.. which i have started going manually.
    I also noticed, half action done, like raise of shield, death and shield not thrown
    Last edited by SebastianVettel; November 10th, 2020 at 02:02 PM.

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianVettel View Post
    But if its there, might as well, make it better..
    Things do not have to be "broken" to make it better.
    It should not be made "better".

    I am quite sure it works the way it does by design. It is meant to be a "better than losing it completely" situation, not a substitute for doing it manually with good timing.

    There were quite a few complaints when it was brought in that it would take away the skill, and if it were made much "better", then it would.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •