Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 6 hour prep day?

6 hour prep day?

Is this something new or a glitch?

Between CWL #2 and #3 we had a 6 hour prep day.
    Since I have working adults, this messes up our strat big time.
    5-10 minutes is good enough between wars

Nothing new - this is common, but not predictable, and there's been no answer from SC on this. Every month, we see a couple of people who have sizable gaps between their war days.

What happened was, your prep day for war 3 was 24 hours, but for some reason, it started 6 hours late. This has happened to my clan occasionally, as well. More often, there are gaps of a few minutes, but every few months or so, we get one that lasts longer.

Some people have even reported it after the last war, and it was several hours before they could hand out the bonus packs.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

Fresh Spawn

Extension of preparation time for CWL

Hi, last league we had one of the wars with a preparation time (time between the end of 1 war and beginning of another - which if I recall correctly is normally just 5 min) extended by around 1h.

This league, our 3rd war has been having a 12h interval since the ending of the last war. I've not seen that explained anywhere. Can anyone help me understand what's happening?

It might be worth noting that this (interval) difference makes planning for attacking hard on some of us, since it's unannounced and unpredictable and we can't have access to the enemy's bases meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by SandForGames View Post
    Hi, last league we had one of the wars with a preparation time (time between the end of 1 war and beginning of another - which if I recall correctly is normally just 5 min) extended by around 1h.

This league, our 3rd war has been having a 12h interval since the ending of the last war. I've not seen that explained anywhere. Can anyone help me understand what's happening?

It might be worth noting that this (interval) difference makes planning for attacking hard on some of us, since it's unannounced and unpredictable and we can't have access to the enemy's bases meanwhile.
    It happens often enough that people complain about it in the forums pretty much every month. As far as I know, we don't have any explanation for why it happens, when it happens, etc.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It happens often enough that people complain about it in the forums pretty much every month. As far as I know, we don't have any explanation for why it happens, when it happens, etc.
    While that's true, we can speculate as to why:

- some sort of anti-collusion mechanism
    - some sort of equalizing of CWL finishing time
    - etc
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yep, in fact it was literally the top post (after stickies) in this sub when the OP posted this thread:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-hour-prep-day
    Last edited by Rizzob; November 5th, 2020 at 06:22 PM.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post

- etc
    Yes, we can speculate. I'm just surprised no word from SC came yet to explain the actual reasons. I think it's impactful enough that they might let us know the reasons behind it. Or provide a workaround.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Yep, in fact it was literally the top post (after stickies) in this sub when the OP posted this thread:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-hour-prep-day
    I looked for it and didn't find any other post in the first page of posts about it. Apologies if I'm sounding like a broken record (old timers reference), but your reply let me know this affects even more people than I thought in more serious ways. So I'm still puzzled as to why there is no word from SC on the reasons behind the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post

- etc
    Speculation is the food source of community forum..
    Anti Collusion.. Why would they care in the leagues where it occurs most?.. Not sure I ever saw a complaint from a Champ 1 clan.
    Equalizing finish time?.. With a 2 day event start, those that match early would lose 2 days over the week, plus its too random to serve a specific purpose.

It seems to be a random glitch that happens far too frequently..
    And in a war format whereby start time is already taken out of a clans hands, it simply adds to the frustration.
    It would indeed be nice to at least know the reason behind those delays, if there is one.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; November 6th, 2020 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Speculation is the food source of community forum..
    Anti Collusion.. Why would they care in the leagues where it occurs most?.. Not sure I ever saw a complaint from a Champ 1 clan.
    Equalizing finish time?.. With a 2 day event start, those that match early would lose 2 days over the week, plus its too random to serve a specific purpose.

It seems to be a random glitch that happens far too frequently..
    And in a war format whereby start time is already taken out of a clans hands, it simply adds to the frustration.
    It would indeed be nice to at least know the reason behind those delays, if there is one.
    Speculation is one of my favourite pastimes!

The thing is, despite 100s, if not 1000s of threads on this topic, there hasn't been any word from SC on it. Compare that to other game mechanisms like sorting of bases with equal weights in war lineup, where SC has been quite open about it.

That could be because they don't know why it's happening (unlikely), that they do know, but have no control over it (more likely) or that they know and are in control of it (most likely).

Remember, we don't know for a fact that it's random. We do know, that CWL starts and ends at a specific time and that therefore there are limits to the time intervals between war days.

My best bet is, that it's somehow tied to the "random" delay between signup and start time. And we know for a fact that, that delay is by design to combat collusion. If it is the case, that it's tied to the initial delay, it should be obvious why SC won't talk openly about it. If we knew how intervals between war days are tied to the initial delay, we could also figure out how the initial delay works. And that would open the floodgates to abuse.

So, that's my take as to why they're silent about it, despite all the posts.
    Last edited by Munitor; November 6th, 2020 at 11:58 AM.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium