Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ending support for certain older devices

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    I have read everything from darain and i am still livid . It would be fine had the game moved on but as darian has said theres still updates for th13 before the next town hall so to my little head we are at th13 and will be for some more time meaning nothing has changed
    That is simply not true. Every update changes things, regardless of whether there is a new TH or not.

And there are changes we don't even see, to things like security, which are some of the things most likely to cause issues with older versions of the OS.

so why end the support to lower devices sorry sc i am a big fan but in football terms you scored a own goal on this one . Timing is everything first you forced players to stop using emulators meaning many players went out and spent money on a new device in these tough times then you end support to lower devices meaning a lot of players me included would have to buy another device in order to play on two devices
    Anybody who bought a new device due to previously using an emulator will almost certainly have one which still runs CoC. Devices that won't run Andriod 4.4 haven't been been manufactured for several years now.

4.4 came out in October 2013, and pretty well every Android device manufactured since then will run it, and the high end ones form the previous year or so.

thats really poor had you announced this next year in april then fine no probs but right now is simply just wrong on many levels eg xmas,covid loss of jobs etc etc specially when theres no actual valid reason to end support right now
    The timing is entirely a personal issue for you. I understand it is bad for you, but Supercell are not going to cater for individual circumstances.

And why you believe there is no valid reason to end support at the next release (not "right now", the next release will presumably be the middle of next month as per usual), I have no idea. Neither you nor I know what changes are coming in that update, what features of the operating system they will be using that weren't present in earlier versions.

I think they know much better than any of us whether there is a valid reason or not.

i am glad that i bought new phone . looking forward to December update (or maybe update before that too )
    Last edited by TerMinus Prime; November 6th, 2020 at 02:32 PM.

REBUILDING Clan-Total Balloony | Forum achievements
    /50 members (1-TH12, 4-TH13-All are Mine)Need TH9+||CWL(Crystal League 3)||Casual Clan
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*My recent work

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    While it is regretable, please keep in mind that the iPad 2 was released 9 years ago. Even under the best of conditions it's very difficult to support a device that's about to turn a decade old. In software terms, that is absolutely ancient.
    I understand. My car is 9 years old, I have the same wife for 15 years. There is a kind of pattern here.

my only device for clash of clans is an i pad 2. this is not a pleasant surprise
    Last edited by chilepepper101; November 6th, 2020 at 07:41 PM.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Nice christmas present i wont be able to play anymore! (I play using my ol' Ipad 2)

IGN: Carlos | Clan: City in the Sky (Co-Leader ) #L89QJOL |
    Town Hall: 12 | Level: 198 | KING: 57 | QUEEN: 60 | WARDEN: 30

Slightly unrelated but sort of related

The NHS app in the UK needs iOS 13.5 or later. Iím a stickler for ďif it ainít broke donít fix itĒ and I was still on and older version than that. I want to go out and ďbe safeĒ so was forced to update to iOS 14 (which I didnít want to do at first as it was relatively new). I know in the above cases itís a bit different because a new device costs money , but sometimes you just have to move on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    i am glad that i bought new phone . looking forward to December update (or maybe update before that too )
    Which one? I bought a superb one for just 240$
    Real me 6 pro. its a really value for money deal...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosTorch View Post
    Nice christmas present i wont be able to play anymore! (I play using my ol' Ipad 2)
    this actually happened to me a few years ago when i was about 11-12 and i had an ipad one. by the time i got my new ipad my mother was sick of me asking her to use my phone(she was kind enough to let me play COC on her phone for a while).
    Last edited by chilepepper101; November 9th, 2020 at 12:03 PM.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosTorch View Post
    Woah. That's a real nice night theme in your signature. I haven't seen this at all and definitely looks interesting. I wonder how it'll look and feel when we get a real night theme in the home village.....not soon, but probably one day.
    Last edited by Shivank380; November 9th, 2020 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanosi View Post
    I understand. My car is 9 years old, I have the same wife for 15 years. There is a kind of pattern here.
    I have been living in the same house for 18 years but during that time, I have changed my phones 12 times and my car 4 times. Do you see a pattern here? Different things have different lifespans.
    My CoC Profile