Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is HayDay turning completely into a "pay to win" game?

Its so sad that some decorations can only be bought by real money as opposed to won / unlocked. Those decorations are always the most beautiful and exclusive

I think the question should be “ Is heyday turning into a completely pay to get new and exclusive seasonal decorations?”. Players don’t need to get these exclusive decorations to win or advance, we can level up steadily without it. However, decoration is a big part of game playing. I always look forward to the new decors each update brought in the past. It’s something I can look forward to and farm everyday to get the required resources needed to acquire the decor, whether it’s coin, voucher, or diamond. It’s fun and exciting and I feel a sense of accomplishment once I get it. But nowadays, almost all the seasonal decorations are for purchase with real money only. It takes some of the fun out of playing. I know we can still get the custom decors through derby or the valley decor. The custom decor is random and there’s no guarantee that you’ll get it upon placing on top 3. After all the hard work, there’s a sense of disappointment after this happens repeatedly.

i understand that SC has to make money, but it would be great if they could find a balance. What do you do with all the diamonds when you purchase the decors? With my style of playing, it’s just sitting there collecting dust.
    Level 74

Quote Originally Posted by alcibiades View Post
    ...but there's no way we can win. Each weak, there is at least one neighborhood who will have finished all their task around thursday evening, at which point we are just about halfway through ours. How is that even doable without absurd amount of diamond rushing and/or playing constantly during all daytime hours?
    It is easily possible, unless it's a bunny derby, then we wait (which is why they have so many bunny derbies ). In a normal derby with fair tasks, my group is typically done by Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. In a group with 15 or so players each week, we use no diamonds, except to buy the 10th task. In this case, other teams are outworking yours, not burning an "absurd amount of diamonds..." I couldn't disagree more that it's a "pay to win" game. It's not even close.

I've been playing since the start, and I think the SC team has found a very good balance between free play/rewards and paying money. It's been said here hundreds of times - nobody is forcing you to pay anything and you can continue to play and have fun...or you can quit. I don't spend much money on the game and there are certainly some decorations I would love to have that cost tons of diamonds, but I choose not to buy them. Just like life, there are things I cannot afford and I will have to wait. However, I don't expect the game to GIVE them to me.

Isn't is true that the leader cannot opt out of the derby?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmsalot View Post
    Isn't is true that the leader cannot opt out of the derby?
    No, any player can opt out.

Before a leader decides to opt-out, they need to be sure that at least one of their derby playing hoodmates is either and Elder or Co-leader so that there is someone that can trash tasks from the derby board.

Also, a leader can opt any hood member out of the derby, but even a co-leader may NOT opt the leader out.
    Level 170
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    now 148/150
    🐝 kind. 🤗

I have only spent like $4 since I started playing January 2020.
    I would spend more but there are no "deals" like Clash of Clans' $5 gold pass.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    I have only spent like $4 since I started playing January 2020.
    I would spend more but there are no "deals" like Clash of Clans' $5 gold pass.
    Did Team Hay Day have players like you in mind when they're developing Farm Pass? :-)
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...date-Teaser%21
    Last edited by LynnK2015; November 3rd, 2020 at 07:30 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Centennial Club
    Yes, SC is obviously a business and it needs to make money, however to me it feels like the inner balance of the game has been off for several years, and it makes a lot of us more inclined to be annoyed by the moneymaking part of the game, than we probably would have been otherwise.

I used to buy diamond packs. After I maxed out all my production lines, I used those diamonds mainly to buy decorations. I have 600 diamonds at the moment and no new decorations to use them for. I have more than 23 millions coins, but not much to spend it on. To me the balance is off, and has been so, since SC started to ask "something" for decorations: either participation in events or hard earned real cash. It is like sitting on a chair with only two legs. I miss the days where I would spend hours (and lots of diamonds and coins) on making my farm pretty.

As someone pointed out quite correctly we are not asked to spend money on anything "vital" to the game, however when one has played for almost eight years like I have, it is not only the basic farming aspects, that motivates to keep playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alcibiades View Post
    Is HayDay turning completely into a "pay to win" game?
    Nope. I've played it since 2014 and haven't spent 1.
    Name: The Professor
    Neighborhood: The Playbook (#82980LGR)
    Exp Lvl: 191 Rep Lvl: 68 Barn: 13,600 Silo: 12,200 Tackle Box: 510 Achievements: 150
    Fish: 172 Max Weight Fish: 17 Pets: 46 Wildlife: 17 Style Book: 21 Collection Book: 233
    Hay Day Wiki Admin/Mod

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by L26 View Post
    Yes, SC is obviously a business and it needs to make money, however to me it feels like the inner balance of the game has been off for several years, and it makes a lot of us more inclined to be annoyed by the moneymaking part of the game, than we probably would have been otherwise.

I used to buy diamond packs. After I maxed out all my production lines, I used those diamonds mainly to buy decorations. I have 600 diamonds at the moment and no new decorations to use them for. I have more than 23 millions coins, but not much to spend it on. To me the balance is off, and has been so, since SC started to ask "something" for decorations: either participation in events or hard earned real cash. It is like sitting on a chair with only two legs. I miss the days where I would spend hours (and lots of diamonds and coins) on making my farm pretty.

As someone pointed out quite correctly we are not asked to spend money on anything "vital" to the game, however when one has played for almost eight years like I have, it is not only the basic farming aspects, that motivates to keep playing the game.
    Totally agree. I buy diamonds packs whenever there are pretty decorations. But i have a problem with using up those diamonds i have acquired from the packs. I dont use diamonds for derbies, or anything that doesnt last in game like pulling boats, speeding up products, so would much rather spend these diamonds on past exclusive decorations. Maybe SC can consider putting up more exclusive decorations that were once sold 2-3 years ago, for a higher cost of diamonds? This also allows hardworking non-paying customers to buy after accumulating many diamonds and also allows new paying players to buy, and still have some form of uniqueness due to the 2-3 years timeframe it was last sold as a diamond package.