Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is HayDay turning completely into a "pay to win" game?

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarsHollow View Post
    Totally agree. I buy diamonds packs whenever there are pretty decorations. But i have a problem with using up those diamonds i have acquired from the packs. I dont use diamonds for derbies, or anything that doesnt last in game like pulling boats, speeding up products, so would much rather spend these diamonds on past exclusive decorations. Maybe SC can consider putting up more exclusive decorations that were once sold 2-3 years ago, for a higher cost of diamonds? This also allows hardworking non-paying customers to buy after accumulating many diamonds and also allows new paying players to buy, and still have some form of uniqueness due to the 2-3 years timeframe it was last sold as a diamond package.
    Couldn’t have said it better.

When I play derby we rarely place so no exclusive decos. And in the last couple years or so there are fewer and fewer decos in my horseshoe rewards. As deco rewards are my reason for playing I now rarely play derby.

I have bought a few of the recent deco packages so like StarsHollow says, I am accumulating diamonds because new decos aren’t available to purchase with diamonds.

HD has definitely changed its revenue generation approach to the game. After six years of dedicated play I can see that clearly. But I accept that everything changes eventually, it’s inevitable. Sadly at some point seasoned players like myself (clearly there are a few of us) will drift away as our motivations to play HD narrow. Perhaps more money is made with newer players. Who knows but it is what it is.

(Btw does Supercell staff read this forum anymore? I rarely see Nick on here.)
    Last edited by PoppyA; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:21 PM.
    Level 137, Town 42
    always working on barn and town

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1243 View Post
    Nope. I've played it since 2014 and haven't spent 1Ę.
    Agreed, Iím now level 212 and havenít paid a cent. I must say however that I couldnít care less about decorations, so maybe thats where the pay to play (or pay to decorate) split resides.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Did Team Hay Day have players like you in mind when they're developing Farm Pass? :-)
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...date-Teaser%21
    Cool. Thanks for the link. I have been buying COC's Gold Pass since it started summer of 2019 so I have all the hero skins.
    Looking forward to Farm Pass seems.

If season pass include production reduction which will effect Darby. if anything like that happens players like me, who canít efford, have to take a break . Letís wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyA View Post

But I accept that everything changes eventually, it’s inevitable. Sadly at some point seasoned players like myself (clearly there are a few of us) will drift away as our motivations to play HD narrow. Perhaps more money is made with newer players. Who knows but it is what it is.

(Btw does Supercell staff read this forum anymore? I rarely see Nick on here.)
    i think this is the heart of the matter (my bold)...what drew me back in Dec 2014 but has kept me playing in 2020 are different things.
    it's just a mobile game and it kept me entertained for a good couple of years and for that, i am appreciative ...i stopped playing properly around two years ago...i used to chase lvls and push town...i now log in just to release townies for hoodies and to put stuff into my rss....and whilst i never had loads of people in my friends list...of the ones that i had, i am surprised at just how many have gone inactive. that being said, were it not for our hood...i suspect i would have gone inactive long ago too.
    it is what it is...

newer players will fill the spending vacuum that players like myself leave behind, as we move on...i now spend money on clash, instead...not even the farm pass will likely interest me enough to play as i used to. but that's ok...HD doesn't need to care...there's plenty more noobs coming thru that door and it will just be business as usual...

ps, yes i reckon nick still passes thru...but everywhere seems quieter...so maybe there's less to say these days
    Last edited by udderly; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:54 PM.