Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 1 attack wars like CWL

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I like the one-attack format better, but on the other hand I really like the change back and forth between CWL and classic wars. I'm glad we have one week each month for the one-attack way and then the rest of the month the classic way. I think creating another pool of war matches would make it a bit harder on the matchmaker to find even matches (less clans to choose from).

*While I agree in mixed hall wars it seems to come down to the highest halls, what happens below is really important. My clan runs th13 through anything from th8, th9 or th10. Yes, everything below th13 is always 3 starred, but each level is important. If the th9s don't fail, no th10s have to dip. If no th10s have to dip it decreases the chance that a th11 has to dip, etc. all the way to the top. It even helps to have some left over attacks and we usually have a th11 or th12 get 2 stars on a th13. And, when it comes to those th13 attacks, the side that doesn't have to use any th13 attacks to clean up lower has a big advantage. At the end of the war it may look like it is all on the th13s, but having extra/less attacks than the other side makes a big difference.
    Completely agree lowers getting the job done helps greatly. However a 1 attack brings a completely different set of strategies. Like maybe you have a great th12 that can get a solid 2 star on a 13 so a 13 can swap down for a 3 star. The 2 war types take different approaches.
    It's all just fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Can honestly say if someone conceded in a war where I haven't had my attack they are getting booted. Loss or win, I want my attack and get my loot. No one else decides that.
    Everyone should attack, get everyone attacking and they'll start winning and you'll find yourself not wanting that option after all.
    If people aren't pulling wieght, boot them or train them to win. It isn't that hard to 2 star and do well. Most wars I've been in you just need an average 2.25 stars across the board to win, that's easily achieved. I'm far from max but I can cheese 2 against a full maxed base. A blimp with sneakies will pop a TH everytime if you get it there, so your main squads objective is just to clear the path and find the remaining the 49%, generally trim the edges and the route to the th does it.
    An accept defeat option is 100% not needed for those that actually want to try and win.
    In a 5v5, where both sides have used their attacks, the score is 14-13, and there's still 17hrs left in war day...would you still not like the option?

Also, only the leader should have the option to "declare" and/or "concede".

Edit: The intent isn't to discourage players from trying to win, but it's to give BOTH clans an out when the war is clearly over.
    Last edited by KingDMan; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    In a 5v5, where both sides have used their attacks, the score is 14-13, and there's still 17hrs left in war day...would you still not like the option?

Also, only the leader should have the option to "declare" and/or "concede".

Edit: The intent isn't to discourage players from trying to win, but it's to give BOTH clans an out when the war is clearly over.
    That's not a concede though in reality. If you've lost and CANNOT attack then the war should imo just end, there is no need for either party to wait for the sake of waiting. But that's a mechanism to address, just end war when all sides attacked. I often find that most either attack straight away or leave it until the last minute, as if some form of troll to make you think you've won and they all roll in with seconds to spare.

So in your instance, again when all attacks are used, the war should end, I wouldn't call it concede or declare victory, it's just either cheesy it deflating to admit, but SC should do away with the waiting period. The desire for them to make us wait until starting another can be addressed in another matter. They have a queue after maintenance where you have to wait 5 mins before attacking so it's already in place.

That's not a concede though in reality. If you've lost and CANNOT attack then the war should imo just end, there is no need for either party to wait for the sake of waiting. But that's a mechanism to address, just end war when all sides attacked. I often find that most either attack straight away or leave it until the last minute, as if some form of troll to make you think you've won and they all roll in with seconds to spare.

So in your instance, again when all attacks are used, the war should end, I wouldn't call it concede or declare victory, it's just either cheesy it deflating to admit, but SC should do away with the waiting period. The desire for them to make us wait until starting another can be addressed in another matter. They have a queue after maintenance where you have to wait 5 mins before attacking so it's already in place.
    It is is a concession though in reality. It would only be considered fair if both clans reach an agreement. Declare & Concede could be used as a tool to reach an agreement.

The declaration of victory would come before the concession of defeat. If Clan A declares victory, Clan B will be given the option to concede.

It doesn't have to be limited to "Cannot attack". Clan B can still have unused attacks, but they know that #5 can't triple #1 in Clan A, and since #5 is the only one with an attack left...Clan B decides to concede to Clan A's declaration of victory.

I would love to hear how you would address the mechanism in another matter...in a manner that's not as cheesy as my suggestion.

It is is a concession though in reality. It would only be considered fair if both clans reach an agreement. Declare & Concede could be used as a tool to reach an agreement.

The declaration of victory would come before the concession of defeat. If Clan A declares victory, Clan B will be given the option to concede.

It doesn't have to be limited to "Cannot attack". Clan B can still have unused attacks, but they know that #5 can't triple #1 in Clan A, and since #5 is the only one with an attack left...Clan B decides to concede to Clan A's declaration of victory.

I would love to hear how you would address the mechanism in another matter...in a manner that's not as cheesy as my suggestion.
    The issue is someone may want to attack and gain thier loot, as it is quite substantial, I wouldn't as leader of my clan take that from anyone. Not everyone wars for the sake of winning or clan XP, but the fact two attacks reels in 1.9m of each and goes safely in the kitty is extremely worthwhile.
    I get you take the bad with the good, but denying a clan mate a lot of Gold and Elixr just because you've rage quit, however you look at it, most will be rage quitting as they just don't want to see they're losing, still I'd want my attack and a lot of my clan will want it too. I don't expect them to be on and communicate every minute with RL committments going on.
    No5 may not be able to triple, but that cheesy one star is worth a lot of gold, maybe that needs addressing separately as the loot gain for a win is pretty flat regardless of how good the win is, perhaps it should be 50% one star, 75% two stars and so on. Why you get gold for 1%ing is beyond me.

Digressing, I just feel that a clan leader should not be able to deny a clan mate thier haul of loot just because they feel they cannot win / actually cannot win / is salty. It will annoy people.
    Auto ending when attacks are done should be a thing, just give me my reward and clan points. Plus it may even give people the chance to be heroic. "I will be the one to finish this"! Perhaps anyway.

The issue is someone may want to attack and gain thier loot, as it is quite substantial, I wouldn't as leader of my clan take that from anyone. Not everyone wars for the sake of winning or clan XP, but the fact two attacks reels in 1.9m of each and goes safely in the kitty is extremely worthwhile.
    I get you take the bad with the good, but denying a clan mate a lot of Gold and Elixr just because you've rage quit, however you look at it, most will be rage quitting as they just don't want to see they're losing, still I'd want my attack and a lot of my clan will want it too. I don't expect them to be on and communicate every minute with RL committments going on.
    No5 may not be able to triple, but that cheesy one star is worth a lot of gold, maybe that needs addressing separately as the loot gain for a win is pretty flat regardless of how good the win is, perhaps it should be 50% one star, 75% two stars and so on. Why you get gold for 1%ing is beyond me.

Digressing, I just feel that a clan leader should not be able to deny a clan mate thier haul of loot just because they feel they cannot win / actually cannot win / is salty. It will annoy people.
    Auto ending when attacks are done should be a thing, just give me my reward and clan points. Plus it may even give people the chance to be heroic. "I will be the one to finish this"! Perhaps anyway.
    War loot doesn't mean much to me, and I don't want to carry war participants that place a lot of importance on loot gained in war.

You can use multiplayer battles to get loot. I use war to win, to farm clan xp, and to gain new perks. The problem I have with your suggestion with "auto-end" is it forces EVERYONE to use both attacks.

Everyone doesn't use both attacks, and there's no way you can encourage the opponent to use all of their attacks.

I have a mini clan that's full of my accounts, and sometimes I smash their bases before they can attack(15-0). A lot of times they've attempted to triple my #1 first but they fail, and they don't bother to attack again.

Let me declare victory and see if they too are ready to move on to the next war. Loot is plentiful...get it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesway31 View Post
    I am sure even if some thing like this even come then also supercell would most likely provide an option to a traditional 2 attack war or 1 attack war mode
    That would be mean that all 1 attack war clans would be matched with 1 attack war clans
    Amd traditional 2 attack war clans with 2 attack war calns
    So that would eventually divide clans for two different matchmaking thus increasing matchmaking time most probably
    I COULD BE WRONG THO
    I'm sure it would be something like that, which means a smaller pool of clans for the matchmaker to choose from, which means a harder time finding an even match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmemmott View Post
    Completely agree lowers getting the job done helps greatly. However a 1 attack brings a completely different set of strategies. Like maybe you have a great th12 that can get a solid 2 star on a 13 so a 13 can swap down for a 3 star. The 2 war types take different approaches.
    Yep, I agree, which is why I like the strategy change when CWL comes around. Then I enjoy going back to classic after that week. It is a nice change-up.

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing and I think the rate at which we can have wars now is good enough. I also wouldn't like the encouragement for people to do as many fast 5v5 wars as they can while larger wars end up taking the full time. So, I don't support being able to end the war and start another.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Thanks but no thanks. Besides the tigers and lions biting each other's heads off at the top of all the boards and those that have the 'need' for these types of things, there are A LOT of more casual players who learn a lot from lower to higher TH levels from regular war, with scouting and clean up attacks. SC should NOT have to cater to a small minority even more than is already done.

CWL is showing us every month how horribly wrong such a system can go (and is, in Clash of Clans, at the moment) for regular clans that allow less than perfect players of less than 'all TH13' and such ... let's hope they have learned a lesson and haven't - and will not - forget there are other players than those percents as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmemmott View Post
    Has there been any real discussion about adding a 1 attack war mode for those that prefer the format. In our clan we have discussed it many times. Several people in our clan prefer the format and actually feel it is a better measure of which clan is better top to bottom. We feel that the normal war mode is weighted more to just which clan has the best attackers at the highest th level in the war since all lower bases just get cleaned up by higher bases with second attacks.
    I personally don’t have an interest in 1 attack clan wars. I see them as very limiting to a casual clan.

Current standard Clan wars are IMO the most fun in the game, providing strategy, as well as an option for beginners and weaker players to play and learn.

I much prefer standard clan war for a number of reasons from the different overall strategies that include scouts & cleans to being able to rotate players, from advise & train lowers to assign or pick and choose targets.

I suppose if it were a search time option in addition, ok fine. However it does seem to me if that is what someone wants, we already have CWL (which to me is an exhausting week). That isn’t enough?

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Thanks but no thanks. Besides the tigers and lions biting each other's heads off at the top of all the boards and those that have the 'need' for these types of things, there are A LOT of more casual players who learn a lot from lower to higher TH levels from regular war, with scouting and clean up attacks. SC should NOT have to cater to a small minority even more than is already done.

CWL is showing us every month how horribly wrong such a system can go (and is, in Clash of Clans, at the moment) for regular clans that allow less than perfect players of less than 'all TH13' and such ... let's hope they have learned a lesson and haven't - and will not - forget there are other players than those percents as well...
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by CWL being horrible. I'm going to assume you are talking about the mismatches you sometimes face in CWL based on the ladder type matching that is used and the fact that clans can swap bases in and out each day. Maybe i am wrong but i see that as a common complaint.

The concept of 1 attack wars shouldn't be confused with CWL because the match making would be completely different. It would be based on the current match making system for regular wars.
    It's all just fun and games.