Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 1 attack wars like CWL

To be fair, I was always in favour of a 1 attack system for regular war..
    Every account would make a difference.

But time, and some of the posts here, have changed my mind..
    Main one being that it would be too much like cwl.
    Our mixed hall clan would do okay I guess, since many of the lower accounts are mini's, so fresh hit anyway.

Downside tho, is that we bed in youngsters and new members in the lower half of the roster, where their learning can be easily covered..
    In a 1 hit system, and with a war log on the line, those youngsters would no longer be included in the roster..
    Too big of a price to pay in my opinion, given the nature of our clan.. I'm against it too.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    To be fair, I was always in favour of a 1 attack system for regular war..
    Every account would make a difference.

But time, and some of the posts here, have changed my mind..
    Main one being that it would be too much like cwl.
    Our mixed hall clan would do okay I guess, since many of the lower accounts are mini's, so fresh hit anyway.

Downside tho, is that we bed in youngsters and new members in the lower half of the roster, where their learning can be easily covered..
    In a 1 hit system, and with a war log on the line, those youngsters would no longer be included in the roster..
    Too big of a price to pay in my opinion, given the nature of our clan.. I'm against it too.
    I agree with what you say. The key point seems to be optional. If it is an option people can choose AND it defaults to normal mode, I really don't care. It might make sense to add to friendly war first to see how much interest there is.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Trainee
    It really is amazing to me how much people are comparing a concept of 1 attack wars to CWL and the vitriol there seems to be for CWL. We love CWL in out clan we don't have but 7 th13s and a bunch or random mix of lowers. We actually run a second CWL for lower bases in a second clan.

However other than the title stating 1 attack wars like CWL the concept has absolutely nothing to do with CWL and would he noting like CWL. In fact if i am not mistaken (before i started playing) when clan wars were released they were 1 attack only. It was simply an idea because we in our clan love the concept. Also i would never expect the war system to he changed but a second option would be great.

This post was never intended to be a rag on CWL cause you hate it post and as i said i only used the "like CWL" comment for reference. Never intending to make the correlation that the idea was in any way similar to CWL.
    It's all just fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmemmott View Post
    It really is amazing to me how much people are comparing a concept of 1 attack wars to CWL and the vitriol there seems to be for CWL. We love CWL in out clan we don't have but 7 th13s and a bunch or random mix of lowers. We actually run a second CWL for lower bases in a second clan.

However other than the title stating 1 attack wars like CWL the concept has absolutely nothing to do with CWL and would he noting like CWL. In fact if i am not mistaken (before i started playing) when clan wars were released they were 1 attack only. It was simply an idea because we in our clan love the concept. Also i would never expect the war system to he changed but a second option would be great.

This post was never intended to be a rag on CWL cause you hate it post and as i said i only used the "like CWL" comment for reference. Never intending to make the correlation that the idea was in any way similar to CWL.
    Like cwl but not like cwl? Kind of a contradiction. Basically, you want cwl style attacks with regular war matching. As an option, don't care. Don't want it but wouldn't be a big deal. However, your post is very much bringing regular war to be like cwl. Those who do not like cwl will understandably have a negative reaction.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Cmemmott View Post

I dont have any problem with cwl per se, so long as the account fits the profile..
    It is the week when anyone in the clan can join in, since there is no war log on the line.. So long as their account is heavy enough to be included.
    The non weighting system is the problem with the event for newer players, since bigger is better..

Moving onto a weight matched single hit..
    Every raid will be as important as the last one and the next, so for those that wish to win, anyone whom doesnt have the ability to 3 star at their weight would be a disadvantage to the team, and therefore not included.

So, it is not based on a dislike of cwl..
    it is for the same reason you move those lower accounts to a second clan for the week..
    It would be prohibitive, in that not everyone would be able to participate due to their attacks not being covered.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:14 AM.

I enjoy both variants and I'll like to keep it that way, one type in the form of CWL and the other in the form of regular wars. One hit wars has it's excitement of do or die, yet can be a bit boring if played too safe. The other gives you a 2nd chance at doing a better attack after the first. In my situation, I do have several accounts, some of which are of the same TH levels. So if I fail on a base with one account, I get to review my attacks, use the same attack but with slight tweaks, or simply change the entire strat if it didn't work the first time. Very often I don't fail twice, satisfying when the problem is solved. Both formats have their merits.

Cmiw. But if the same matchmaking rules implement as the old war,i imagine so many akward mismatch, since the matchmaking took the overall weight of clan war roster.

Being on a clan who doing constant wars. I saw a lot of our bottom guys against 1/2 town hall above them, vice versa.
    Or the top/middle halls facing the same issue. Or the opponent have a lot more advance town hall. Even though their rushed. Their building numbers will make it hard for any mirror who's one town hall below them.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    The real issue with CWL, which can't be stressed enough is that it requires continuous (and in some cases increasing) roster strength to stay in a particular league. That's obviously difficult to achieve within a highly dynamic clan environment where players come and go all the time.
    Yep, whenever I bring up the "win about 50 of the wars over the long term" thing, I try to also point out that assumes your clan is upgrading as fast as average. Any clan that is upgrading slower than average and/or is losing players, should not expect to win 50% of the time. I don't see that as a flaw, though. Clans that stick together and are active all month long should get a benefit. I'm glad they do.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Elder
    Here is what I see coming out of the OPs suggestion:

CWL is a ladder system with one attack only. Regardless of your roster, over time your clan will reach a level where you win/lose 50% by climbing or dropping tiers. If regular wars were one attack only they effectively become exactly like CWL except with weighted matching. THe problem with that is that there is no tier dropping to gradually reach an equilibrium. If you brought the same roster war after war and can only win 10% of the time, you will continue to lose 90% of the time. How long will any team want to war under those conditions? Any clan worth their salt will very quickly decide that Bob can no longer be in any wars as he is a detriment to the team. Rosters will be carefully manicured and for many players, they will never have a chance to war at all. Doesn’t sound like much fun to me.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:37 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.