Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: loot used to max all walls

Pro Member
    First of all, your normal player isnít going to gem a max a base from scratch. Youíre going to build your base up over time. So your wall can only go to a certain level depending on your TH. So any excess loot will go into walls while you work on defenses, lab and heroes. Once you get to a max base then you can only level up walls as Supercell releases them. So itís much easier to keep pace with the updates.

Also, people who would gem each update the day it comes out would already be max. So theyíd only consider the amount spent on what is in the update. This would be reduced by magic items and loot currently on hand. Then they would determine the cost of whatís left and decide if itís worth to them.

So while itís interesting to try to put this in real world money, the fact of the matter is itís really not worth that. Iíd be much more interested if Supercell added a time factor or total number of raids counter. That way I could see the total amount of time spent on my base and translate that into real world money equivalent based on how much I make per hour working.

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    I’d be much more interested if Supercell added a time factor or total number of raids counter. That way I could see the total amount of time spent on my base and translate that into real world money equivalent based on how much I make per hour working.
    Nope. I do not want to know my time spent on this game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Took me 4 months to max 10 and 5 months to max 11 with the gold pass on my mini. Its been a bit more than 10 months at 13 and I have 4 archer towers and 64 walls left on my main. I also spent some months wasting loot waiting for the next pieces to drop. Would be max on it without the delays. Probably add 30% time for free player. Walls sound expensive but if you are reasonably active, loot comes in faster than builders can keep up. Just dump the excess into walls.
    first, I couldnít agree more with that last part, I always time the final builder to ensure he is available for cleaning up the storages by dumping into walls.

having all builders busy building buildings can lead to temporary disengagement, in my experience.

second, about your time played, thatís just what I was thinking. And taken one step further, if there was a magical ďtimerĒ of sorts to track how many hours of actual play time during those months (not asking you specifically, just as example) and then taking rate of pay the average person could earn in the job market by working instead of playing, then we have an arrived at an estimated value of a max base, in terms of averages.

so what I mean is if I spent 2000 hrs a year playing this game and it took 3 years to max from beginning to end, and I could have spent that same time on a side hustle like a driver or something making $40k/yr. then the opportunity cost of a max base is $120k in this made-up example.

MUCH better deal than getting only walls for the same price if gemmed!

my made-up takeaway: itís better to play than to pay! (But gold pass truly is a great deal, Iím also hooked, lol)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    Nope. I do not want to know my time spent on this game!!
    Me too
    Even if a features come some day that tells total time spend on the game
    I wont look at it ever 😅

Fresh Spawn
    I have a couple of brothers in my clan that have maxed out all walls by constant all goblin raids(300). They wont spend a penny on the game only buying the gold pass.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncledavethedude View Post
    I have a couple of brothers in my clan that have maxed out all walls by constant all goblin raids(300). They wont spend a penny on the game only buying the gold pass.
    That's hundreds of pennies.

They are getting many books, potions, time/cost reduction and resources every month over someone who literally doesn't spend a penny.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rusherford View Post
    May I say, How do you people get your bases maxed to TH 13? Do you Gem and buy gems until you are maxed or do you wait, farm, and upgrade
    The pace at which new content is released (including walls) is slower than the pace at which active players upgrade. So, it is not hard at all for an active player to fully max out without spending gems, assuming they started playing a long time ago. Obviously, if you just started playing recently, there is a lot to do to catch up.

As for your price of walls, just think back to all the costs of walls in the past before there were price reductions. I've probably spent a billion more on upgrades than the new player will, yet I'm maxed out (other than the new walls just released). It doesn't take money, just playing for a long time.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Once you max once, there is no point to buy anything else as you will be able to max again for free by the next update. People do, and then complain about no new content. It is pretty comical.

Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    You sure about that number?? Im not sure but i doubt it
    Lvl 13 to 14 costs 6 mil 12 to 13 costs 5 mil i guess that maked 11 mil idk if the rest of lvl will be done under 6.1 mil
    Like i said im not sure

Then why post this comment? You are wrong and he is 100% on the price of a wall from beginning to max.......

Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    Once you max once, there is no point to buy anything else as you will be able to max again for free by the next update. People do, and then complain about no new content. It is pretty comical.
    Depends on what you mean by point in buying. I get the gold pass even when maxed. I also don't complain when maxed. It's rather relaxing.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22