Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Chat censoring is too sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    Talk in adifferent language which others too know. My clanmates talk in hindi so it doesnt matter.
    The global in hindi was bad though cause things went from casual f bombs to complex high class abuses.
    Yeah funny memories though

Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    Thank you. I totally understand and respect the need for censorship, especially anything that complies with laws and regulations.

I do however think the dictionary of items to censor is too restrictive. I say "air sweepers" and "sweepers" gets censored. Its literally a building name within the game. Any time spent looking at that is appreciated!
    The problem is it isn't like SC went out and created their own censor from scratch, going through all languages, picking out every word they could think of. Instead, they purchased or licensed a censor that was already created, not for clash specifically. So, it doesn't matter if it is a common word used in clash. I don't really see a way around it. It would probably be harder for SC to create its own filter than to build a whole new townhall.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The problem is it isn't like SC went out and created their own censor from scratch, going through all languages, picking out every word they could think of. Instead, they purchased or licensed a censor that was already created, not for clash specifically. So, it doesn't matter if it is a common word used in clash. I don't really see a way around it. It would probably be harder for SC to create its own filter than to build a whole new townhall.
    This is largely true. The moderation software package does require some tweaking, so reports like this do help us fine tune it.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The new censorship only applies to accounts belonging to players who created a new account after the October update, in the US, and are under the age of 16.
    As a matter of fact, it not only applies to these accounts:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-of-clan-names
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    As a matter of fact, it not only applies to these accounts:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-of-clan-names
    You're linking something completely unrelated.
    AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is largely true. The moderation software package does require some tweaking, so reports like this do help us fine tune it.
    Ah, so I was partially wrong though if you can "tweak" it, though it still seems like a pretty big undertaking in multiple languages for not a lot of value. It isn't very hard to work around the words when chatting, but I guess if there are some really common ones and SC can modify the filter it might be worth it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Ah, so I was partially wrong though if you can "tweak" it, though it still seems like a pretty big undertaking in multiple languages for not a lot of value. It isn't very hard to work around the words when chatting, but I guess if there are some really common ones and SC can modify the filter it might be worth it.
    I'm not sure its multiple languages, might just be English. Its the only language I speak, but its not uncommon for other nationalities to join, chat in their language, and never do I see those *** out. So this is only speculative on my part that the censorship is English language only

Is there something in the under 16 profile that we can see to prevent them from joining? Or if you somehow toggle the clan as Adult, they cant join??

Read it on another thread that you gotta kick your younger clanmates. After they're out, chat back to normal (but when they're invited back in, chat got censored).

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    Is there something in the under 16 profile that we can see to prevent them from joining? Or if you somehow toggle the clan as Adult, they cant join??
    No because that would force their age to be publicly revealed, and for privacy reasons we can't do that.
    AKA Tank Puppy