Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Chat censoring is too sensitive

Chat censoring is too sensitive

I'm getting ******* out on many things that really should not be

"Jim how much do you hate sweepers"

"Skellies are really fast"

"BoF"

"TH9s"

--those last two are game terms!!

These are all ***** out in chat over the past couple of hours. Very frustrating and nothing that should rise to censorship levels

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    I've always felt that the censoring terms were a bit much, but I understood it in Global Chat because people would often go out of the way to post vulgar or offensive statements. Now that chat is limited to clan members talking to other clan members, it could probably be reasonably loosened up. I'd think there are likely fewer instances of people looking for ways to work around the filters in order to post offensive messages. Maybe the clan chat filter dictionary could be looked at to contain fewer terms, and only restrict blatant examples of expletives or vulgar language. I don't know if that will happen, but I think you make a fair point.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 749 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    The new censorship only applies to accounts belonging to players who created a new account after the October update, in the US, and are under the age of 16. Unfortunately, these filters are due to having to be in compliance with recent US regulations. While I can't get into the specific details at the moment, we are looking at ways we could potentially fine tune it while still being compliant with the new regulations.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Settings >> More Settings >> Filter Clan Chat `Off`

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The new censorship only applies to accounts belonging to players who created a new account after the October update, in the US, and are under the age of 16. Unfortunately, these filters are due to having to be in compliance with recent US regulations. While I can't get into the specific details at the moment, we are looking at ways we could potentially fine tune it while still being compliant with the new regulations.
    Thank you. I totally understand and respect the need for censorship, especially anything that complies with laws and regulations.

I do however think the dictionary of items to censor is too restrictive. I say "air sweepers" and "sweepers" gets censored. Its literally a building name within the game. Any time spent looking at that is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWalkerr View Post
    Settings >> More Settings >> Filter Clan Chat `Off`
    I already have it off. This phenomena has gotten worse now with the new Supercell ID because of the age identification restrictions. If someone in your clan is under a certain age, it censors everything for everyone regardless of your personal setting. I get it, and respect the need for it, but the dictionary is too restrictive in places that seem to not make sense on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    ...it censors everything for everyone regardless of your personal setting.
    Oh I wasn't aware of that. Every time I **** up a war hit I curse like a taxi driver and there's no censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWalkerr View Post
    Oh I wasn't aware of that. Every time I **** up a war hit I curse like a taxi driver and there's no censorship.
    Good news for you then is that all you need for a perfect raid is a 3 letter word.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    I already have it off. This phenomena has gotten worse now with the new Supercell ID because of the age identification restrictions. If someone in your clan is under a certain age, it censors everything for everyone regardless of your personal setting. I get it, and respect the need for it, but the dictionary is too restrictive in places that seem to not make sense on the surface.
    If someone is under a certain age, why should it be censored for everyone? I don't see the need of it. It must be censored for that specific player but shouldn't be for whole clan.

Talk in adifferent language which others too know. My clanmates talk in hindi so it doesnt matter.
    The global in hindi was bad though cause things went from casual f bombs to complex high class abuses.