Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrading time

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The OP isn't talking about higher townhalls. It takes much more than a week for updates at higher town halls.
    I'm at TH10 and there are very very few upgrades that will take a full week. I think maybe CC did and then TH up to TH11 will be.

I think SC has a nice progressively increasing upgrade time that makes sense. Newer players can do plenty of upgrades quickly going up to TH6-9 with relative ease. At that point they're either hooked to the game, or won't have the desire to keep going.

So I do think it's higher TH focused comment because its likely TH11 where you really start to see the 7+day upgrades more regularly. And if you've reached that level, you've either already built up some patience stamina for the game, or spent money to gem things.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    I'm at TH10 and there are very very few upgrades that will take a full week. I think maybe CC did and then TH up to TH11 will be.

I think SC has a nice progressively increasing upgrade time that makes sense. Newer players can do plenty of upgrades quickly going up to TH6-9 with relative ease. At that point they're either hooked to the game, or won't have the desire to keep going.

So I do think it's higher TH focused comment because its likely TH11 where you really start to see the 7+day upgrades more regularly. And if you've reached that level, you've either already built up some patience stamina for the game, or spent money to gem things.
    The Xbow (which was the one building he specified) takes 8 days at TH10, 6.5d at TH9, 10d at TH11. And that one is up to 16d at TH13.

So I think he was at either TH9 or TH10. Most upgrades are more than 7d at TH11.

Upgrade costs are pretty well balanced at 1M loot per day (DE with Heroes is a different story). So on average you need about 5M of income per day to keep 5 builders busy. If your income is higher than 5M, that's where you use your 6th builder to dump the excess into walls.