Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Too many super troops cause issues

The OP does have a point and I do support the idea of enabling all super troops for 1 gem donations or at least some way to cope with the inevitable chaos that will come as more super troops are released and the need for more diverse offensive AND defensive CCs. And this is coming from someone with 2 near max TH13s AND 2 super troop donation mule accounts. It is hard enough to cope with the demand right now and will become even harder in the future.

On the offensive side, there are times where I want both super goblins AND a super wallbreaker in CC to get them in. Heck, super minions can be a viable pick to put in the offensive clan castle for some air attacks too.

On the defensive side, super minion CCs are the meta right now. However, you do not want to have the same defensive CC for all your bases, thus inferno dragons are also necessary to have on hand to fill some of the CCs with.

We also have to consider that super witches are strong in the new meta but they don't have a place in defensive or offensive CCs right now. Heck, some people like using super archers as substitutes for bowlers, which also don't have a place in defensive or offensive CCs right now.

When you put all of these factors together, it becomes increasingly chaotic and difficult to manage who has what super troop with considerations for personal offense and who needs to suck it up and get the defensive CC super troops. It is pretty impossible coordinate everything in-game right now and requires a group effort on a 3rd party chat app like discord.

It is already hard during the normal season but imagine how much harder it is when clans split off in to different clans for SCCWL and are reduced to a skeleton crew in each SCCWL clan. Now imagine the chaos and infinite possibilities with attacking and offensive/defensive CC donations when every single troop gets a super troop version.
    Last edited by Tonyla; October 28th, 2020 at 01:26 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    One think I would say is that you are very unlikely to have all the supergroups being made at any time, so it isn't a one in 9 of those with a supertroop unlocked.

There are only 3-4 in common use. If you for some reason want one of the others, you are likely to struggle. If you want one of the main ones, you should get it reasonably quickly if your clan is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    The OP does have a point and I do support the idea of enabling all super troops for 1 gem donations or at least some way to cope with the inevitable chaos that will come as more super troops are released and the need for more diverse offensive AND defensive CCs. And this is coming from someone with 2 near max TH13s AND 2 super troop donation mule accounts. It is hard enough to cope with the demand right now and will become even harder in the future.

On the offensive side, there are times where I want both super goblins AND a super wallbreaker in CC to get them in. Heck, super minions can be a viable pick to put in the offensive clan castle for some air attacks too.

On the defensive side, super minion CCs are the meta right now. However, you do not want to have the same defensive CC for all your bases, thus inferno dragons are also necessary to have on hand to fill some of the CCs with.

We also have to consider that super witches are strong in the new meta but they don't have a place in defensive or offensive CCs right now. Heck, some people like using super archers as substitutes for bowlers, which also don't have a place in defensive or offensive CCs right now.

When you put all of these factors together, it becomes increasingly chaotic and difficult to manage who has what super troop with considerations for personal offense and who needs to suck it up and get the defensive CC super troops. It is pretty impossible coordinate everything in-game right now and requires a group effort on a 3rd party chat app like discord.

It is already hard during the normal season but imagine how much harder it is when clans split off in to different clans for SCCWL and are reduced to a skeleton crew in each SCCWL clan. Now imagine the chaos and infinite possibilities with attacking and offensive/defensive CC donations when every single troop gets a super troop version.
    Making ALL super troops available for donation with gems would simply throw out the whole idea behind the 'strategic thinking' when taking a super troop. You make a choice and that's it. You'll have to deal/live with that choice (see Darian's comments about this issue in other posts - having ONE super troop available for a 7 day period is a DELIBERATE choice made by SC).

If they can just be handed out no matter what super troop one has active (or should there be one active at all? just make it possible always?) it would defy the purpose as stated by SuperCell so far... Most of the defensive CC would have super troops for instance...

I don't think people should be forced to 'show' their super troops, either in the profile or elsewhere. If such an option would be added, let it be a toggle...

I do see the positive points that a gem cost donation feature would add that is available for any super troop that you have unlocked, but I think this would be the first step to turning Coc into a P2W game. Not everyone is willing to invest gems for donations, especially those who can not afford a gold pass, and albeit it would be a small advantage for defence and offence CC's, it would be the first step to giving those willing to invest gems or RL $$, to gain an advantage over players who don't spend $$ on the game.

Just think about the clans that have 3-5 th13's out of 40-50 accounts, and the peer pressure to spend $$ to donate troops.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

I believe very few people might use super archers , super witch , super minion in cc and think that the most requested super troop would be super goblin if i am not wrong
    Also i ve see some pros taking super wall breaker , inferno dragon in cc
    So i dont think having too many super troops should be a problem as in future there might me many more super troops coming but frequently requested trooops for cc would still be very less i believe

I don't want to face a Super Valkyrie with a couple of Super Barbs. No no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Not sure why you think most active players have super gobs active. Certainly not the case in my clan.
    Then probably your clan isn't active or doesn't works strategically (especially in wars), as most of the players use super gobs in blimp to snipe the th and there is always atleast 2-3 players donating that.

My idea isn't just for super gobs but if you find difficulty in getting most used super troops in cc then problem is with your clan.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    I don't want to face a Super Valkyrie with a couple of Super Barbs. No no no.
    Isn't that already possible?

Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Isn't that already possible?
    Oh yeah, when 2 accounts has each one of those. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I do see the positive points that a gem cost donation feature would add that is available for any super troop that you have unlocked, but I think this would be the first step to turning Coc into a P2W game. Not everyone is willing to invest gems for donations, especially those who can not afford a gold pass, and albeit it would be a small advantage for defence and offence CC's, it would be the first step to giving those willing to invest gems or RL $$, to gain an advantage over players who don't spend $$ on the game.

Just think about the clans that have 3-5 th13's out of 40-50 accounts, and the peer pressure to spend $$ to donate troops.
    Agreed, so I think instead supertroops should just be able to be donated even if you don't have them "unlocked" for the week, like any other troop. They'd be one gem donations only for those who have one gem donations active. Players still would be limited to one troop in their army. They already have the ability to have any supertroop in their cc, so no strategy is really destroyed. It just makes it easier to accomplish that last part for those in smaller clans or clans without a lot of high level accounts.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.