Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A question?

A question?

Why we are getting so low selling price in gems for items....if I have to purchase same item the cost in gems is 10 times of the selling cost. Why so uneven balance in puchase and sell, atleast we deserve 50% cost while selling the same item

Quote Originally Posted by manojdhiman View Post
    Why we are getting so low selling price in gems for items....if I have to purchase same item the cost in gems is 10 times of the selling cost. Why so uneven balance in puchase and sell, atleast we deserve 50% cost while selling the same item
    Because you get them for free far more often than you buy them. All those magic items you get for free from clan games and the season challenges could be sold for thousands of gems if you could get them for 50% of the trader price. That ain't happening.
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Because you get them for free far more often than you buy them. All those magic items you get for free from clan games and the season challenges could be sold for thousands of gems if you could get them for 50% of the trader price. That ain't happening.
    I have given time and completed events not getting free dear....time is the money ....to complete diffrent tasks i have given hours to this game ....so please dont use the word free here .... according to me there must be some match in selling and purchasing price

This has been discussed on numerous occasions, if I was to get same selling price as buying than I will sell everything i get in gold pass and become a gem millionaire in no time. (Exaggerating, don't pull your calculators out )

Signature thanks to TerMinus Prime, ask for yours
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Minus-Prime-TP

Millennial Club
    Coz you get gems for free(may be the amount is low) but you get it for free

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Because Supercell would prefer you don't generally buy or sell (particularly sell) magic items, but rather use the ones you get through game play.

There are only two items most people here find worthwhile to buy (training potion and book of heroes), and nobody sells unless they can't hold any more.

I have given time and completed events not getting free dear....time is the money ....to complete diffrent tasks i have given hours to this game ....so please dont use the word free here .... according to me there must be some match in selling and purchasing price
    Of course time is money, you could have studied more in that time or if you are working then you could have done some extra work to earn more.
    At the end its all your choice, it was you who thought to play in that time, so being called "free" isn't wrong as it was you who chosed it over others.

Now talking from other point of view, supercell will not equal (or even 50%) gems for purchasing and selling as they still want to keep gems a precious part of economy and it would break they economy if they do so.

Buying items means using gems... if you need an item then you will use gems... if you don't have the gems you pay real world money to get the gems to buy the item.
    If you could sell items for a similar price you would have lots more gems and not need to pay SC for more gems.... gems being bought = wages for SC staff so they want you to buy gems to buy items to KEEP THEM IN JOBS.... it is a business after all.

Just same as outside clash.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinjitsuMaster View Post
    Buying items means using gems... if you need an item then you will use gems... if you don't have the gems you pay real world money to get the gems to buy the item.
    If you could sell items for a similar price you would have lots more gems and not need to pay SC for more gems.... gems being bought = wages for SC staff so they want you to buy gems to buy items to KEEP THEM IN JOBS.... it is a business after all.
    The alternative to what can be recouped is "use it or lose it".. The resale price has always been much lower, so it wouldnt make sense to purchase what you dont need.. Those excess magic items tend to come for free in the trader, or as part of a package eg GP.

I used to buy gems before GP was released.. Now they have given us a far better deal, for those that wish to invest a little real world money.. I dont think they were looking to get rich when that change was introduced.

I like to think that the money we spend is what keeps the servers open.
    No money no game.. There is more than wages to be taken into consideration.

You have spent time playing a game for recreational purposes.. If not then why play at all?
    With this game, time is the catalyst that determines progression.

They have introduced various ways of accelerating growth by condensing time, and free trader items plus GP has created a scenario whereby an excess of a potion or book will present itself..
    They have offered a chance to redeem a few gems from trading those items, rather than them just going to waste.
    Surely, nobody actually invests their time specifically to obtain something they neither want nor need..
    It is simply excess created by day to day playing of the game. They dont stack above their allotted total (apart from real money purchases) so would simply vanish without that resale, so any price is preferable to nothing.