Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why did people change their name to the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargav97 View Post
    Supercell never made an official statement that they do these bans afaik.

Anyways there's a simple solution to this which Supercell has refused to implement time and again - hide player name and player's clan till the attack is over for every legend attack.
    This isn't, and shouldn't be - nor become, a prison like system. If you hide player name and clan, as discussed in several other posts, they will find other ways of 'recognizing' each others' bases... There is a better solution: get rid of these leader boards, don't reward cheating with free gems and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    ... There is a better solution: get rid of these leader boards, don't reward cheating with free gems and be done with it
    Do you really think unnamed doctor and his love interest is doing this for free gems 😃😃😃, if you do; than think again.

Signature thanks to TerMinus Prime, ask for yours
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Minus-Prime-TP

Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    The group of Chinese players with 0 defences.
    I still don't know whom you are referring to.
    Are you talking about current no.1 clan in global?
    That is chinese but what is 0 defenses in that ?

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    I still don't know whom you are referring to.
    Are you talking about current no.1 clan in global?
    That is chinese but what is 0 defenses in that ?
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...trophies-Day-1
    This is what I am referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    I ignored that thread thinking they are confused by leauge resetting system.
    If something like 0 def. exists then this is really a major issue to be checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast666 View Post
    Do you really think unnamed doctor and his love interest is doing this for free gems , if you do; than think again.
    With the way they are spending gems (if one is to believe the you tube stuff and other posts): nope... but it's part of the current system ... just take out that part, or make it as useless as with the other leagues one can be in: just display 100 random members in legend league, different for everyone ...

Quote Originally Posted by BryanGeorge75 View Post
    I did a google search and can't find what is being implied. One thing, I don't like being confused and many accounts with identical names confuses me. It would especially be confusing if there are different users on the other side. Maybe it's because i don't understand the legends leader board yet...i just assumed the leaders boards are based on player tags and not on names.
    Names canít be mentioned here but if you look at the October Global leaderboards you will notice a lot of the same name.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    I ignored that thread thinking they are confused by leauge resetting system.
    If something like 0 def. exists then this is really a major issue to be checked.
    The 0 defences there means nothing, as it is just a count of successful defences (I.e. How many times has your base been attacked for zero stars this season).

What does mean something is the fact those bases had so many points at the end of day 1 that they must have hardly been attacked at all.

Which is so rare that the chances of it happening to people who have themselves attacked for maximum trophies is astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    This isn't, and shouldn't be - nor become, a prison like system. If you hide player name and clan, as discussed in several other posts, they will find other ways of 'recognizing' each others' bases... There is a better solution: get rid of these leader boards, don't reward cheating with free gems and be done with it
    How is it like a prison to not see the name/clan of the player you attack until after the attack? Do you even spend any time looking at the player and clan name during your very short prep time before you attack? I don't. Please explain how that would be like a prison.

As for the proposed solution: I don't care about the gems (and suspect the top players care little about those either) but removing the leaderboard wouldn't be a good idea. People care about rankings, the answer to that isn't to totally remove them, especially when the cheating only impacts the rankings for a tiny fraction of those who care about the rankings. I don't like cheating and hope SC does something about it, but I'm also willing to admit cheating isn't really impacting my ranking much since I'm not good enough to be in that class

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    How is it like a prison to not see the name/clan of the player you attack until after the attack? Do you even spend any time looking at the player and clan name during your very short prep time before you attack? I don't. Please explain how that would be like a prison.

As for the proposed solution: I don't care about the gems (and suspect the top players care little about those either) but removing the leaderboard wouldn't be a good idea. People care about rankings, the answer to that isn't to totally remove them, especially when the cheating only impacts the rankings for a tiny fraction of those who care about the rankings. I don't like cheating and hope SC does something about it, but I'm also willing to admit cheating isn't really impacting my ranking much since I'm not good enough to be in that class
    Cant they still identify the players by placing a wall at a pre-determined position or using the same layouts or something?