Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why did people change their name to the same thing

Why did people change their name to the same thing

Hey guys, Iím curious after looking at last seasonís global leaderboard and seeing so many players by the same name and many players in a level 1 clan called the same. Iím assuming this is a funny little prank that the players decided to pull, quite amusing. Very impressive if itís the one account, I mean having 1 account in the top 200 global is amazing, but multiple, thatís awesome!
    Last edited by Ajax; October 27th, 2020 at 04:36 PM.

It's not at all a 'funny little prank'. Do some searching (google is one's friend) I'd say...

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    It's not at all a 'funny little prank'. Do some searching (google is one's friend) I'd say...
    Thanks, I’ll look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prominator View Post
    Hey guys, I’m curious after looking at last season’s global leaderboard and seeing so many players by the same name and many players in a level 1 clan called the same thing. I’m assuming this is a funny little prank that the players decided to pull, quite amusing. Very impressive if it’s the one account, I mean having 1 account in the top 200 global is amazing, but multiple, that’s awesome!
    Money matters
    Last edited by Ajax; October 27th, 2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Money matters
    I see what you mean.

It could be a secret organisation that is planning on taking over CoC bit by bit👀, and they are now recruiting more and more people.

I was being sarcastic.

1(the mild, clean nose side) it just might be another alt of there main account.

2( the sketchy side) it could be players just doing something funny.

3(the you-will-get-banned side) they could be trying to screw up the legends leader board.

the way i heard it, supercell does a massive ban spree at the end of each season-usually against the players in tier 3 that i mentioned before.
    Last edited by chilepepper101; October 27th, 2020 at 05:40 PM.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    1(the mild, clean nose side) it just might be another alt of there main account.

2( the sketchy side) it could be players just doing something funny.

3(the you-will-get-banned side) they could be trying to screw up the legends leader board.

the way i heard it, supercell does a massive ban spree at the end of each season-usually against the players in tier 3 that i mentioned before.
    Supercell never made an official statement that they do these bans afaik.

Anyways there's a simple solution to this which Supercell has refused to implement time and again - hide player name and player's clan till the attack is over for every legend attack.
    Last edited by Bhargav97; October 27th, 2020 at 05:50 PM.

I did a google search and can't find what is being implied. One thing, I don't like being confused and many accounts with identical names confuses me. It would especially be confusing if there are different users on the other side. Maybe it's because i don't understand the legends leader board yet...i just assumed the leaders boards are based on player tags and not on names.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanGeorge75 View Post
    I did a google search and can't find what is being implied. One thing, I don't like being confused and many accounts with identical names confuses me. It would especially be confusing if there are different users on the other side. Maybe it's because i don't understand the legends leader board yet...i just assumed the leaders boards are based on player tags and not on names.
    The implcation is that the person with the original account pays people to change their name to his/her. They also agree as to which account should be pushed into 1st place, etc.

As someone already stated: "money matters."