Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dark elixir

Dark elixir

Why can you buy elixir and gold with cwl medals but not dark elixir? Is there a reason, the economy of the game or something?

Probably they want to preserve the state of DE being a rare substance in the game. As you know, DE upgrades are quite less than Elixir and Gold requiring upgrades.
    That said, if DE is available in league shop it can make the availability of DE relatively higher than they want it to be.

Centennial Club
    Also i believe that dark elixir is pretty rare resource so if it were to be on cwl medals shop then its cost also must be very high and little amount of dark aould be offered i believe
    So not many players would ve invested their medals to buy a small amount of dark elixir

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    Probably they want to preserve the state of DE being a rare substance in the game. As you know, DE upgrades are quite less than Elixir and Gold requiring upgrades.
    That said, if DE is available in league shop it can make the availability of DE relatively higher than they want it to be.
    I think you are probably correct that this is the logic behind why Dark Elixir is not available for CWL medals (especially since I really can't think of any other possible explanation), but I strongly disagree with that reasoning.

CWL medals are rare, and buying Gold/Elixir is a very bad investment for all but the most desperate bases - if DE were available at a similar rate (25k DE for 25 medals) then it would also be a bad investment for all but the most desperate. So it would help out a small percentage of players who really need it, but it would largely be unused and not affect the overall game economy at all. I think Dark Elixir (and shovels while we're at it) should be added to the CWL shop, although personally there's no way I would ever buy it

Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    I think you are probably correct that this is the logic behind why Dark Elixir is not available for CWL medals (especially since I really can't think of any other possible explanation), but I strongly disagree with that reasoning.

CWL medals are rare, and buying Gold/Elixir is a very bad investment for all but the most desperate bases - if DE were available at a similar rate (25k DE for 25 medals) then it would also be a bad investment for all but the most desperate. So it would help out a small percentage of players who really need it, but it would largely be unused and not affect the overall game economy at all. I think Dark Elixir (and shovels while we're at it) should be added to the CWL shop, although personally there's no way I would ever buy it
    They have the data, so obviously since they havent thus far included dark for medals, they disagree with the availability at any price.
    As for the shovels, they are purely cosmetic.. But since they already offer statues, then a suitable medal amount for 500 gems worth could be set (Trader price).
    A training Potion is 10 medals, and costs 25 gems.. A resource potion also costs 10 medals, yet retails at 115 gems, so I guess somewhere between 50 and 100 medals would be the price.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    The primary reason why Dark Elixir is unavailable for purchase via League Medals is to maintain the scarcity of Dark Elixir as a resource. DE is meant to be the scarcest of resources, and the primary source of DE is meant to be farming. Gold and Elixir is very readily available so allowing it to be purchased via Medals doesn't really impact the game economy all that much. But since DE is the premiere resource with low availability, we prefer to maintain its rarity. This makes attacking other players the main driver for acquiring DE, and thus keeps the game economy healthy.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The primary reason why Dark Elixir is unavailable for purchase via League Medals is to maintain the scarcity of Dark Elixir as a resource. DE is meant to be the scarcest of resources, and the primary source of DE is meant to be farming. Gold and Elixir is very readily available so allowing it to be purchased via Medals doesn't really impact the game economy all that much. But since DE is the premiere resource with low availability, we prefer to maintain its rarity. This makes attacking other players the main driver for acquiring DE, and thus keeps the game economy healthy.
    What about builder base resources ,3 attack limits makes builder base grindy especially at higher levels and especially whenever there is a new troop and have to upgrade to 18 levels.
    I wish builder base resources were made available in league shop.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    What about builder base resources ,3 attack limits makes builder base grindy especially at higher levels and especially whenever there is a new troop and have to upgrade to 18 levels.
    I wish builder base resources were made available in league shop.
    War Leagues are only for the Home Village, and accordingly the items available are largely geared towards that. Yes, the Hammers can be used to upgrade BB buildings/troops/Battle Machine but since the Leagues don't incorporate BB in it, it wouldn't make sense to offer rewards that are specific to Builder Base.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

I've played this game coming on 7 years soon, and yes DE, for me used to be a rare resource.
    I took one of my accounts to TH11 two months ago, and I have purchased a GP each month so this will skew the data a bit, but I currently have a DE rune in my TH and one I can't collect on the GP line. I raid about 3-4 times a day, just enough to earn my 5 star bonus. DE heros done, lab busy and I can't use DE as fast as I earn it.

DE is no where as rare as it used to be, Imo no real need to have it available from the CWL shop.
    Last edited by Warios; October 26th, 2020 at 12:45 PM.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Dark elixir is extremely scarce th7/th8 bc no players have any. Itís a challenge to get heroes and de troops upgraded and it would be nice if there was a little in cwl shop. But thatís just my opinion, thanks for taking the time to reply!
    Last edited by SamBh22; October 26th, 2020 at 05:21 PM.