Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When does the war weight add to your base?

Pro Member

When does the war weight add to your base?

So, while I think the weight a defence adds to your base should add once the upgrade ends, Iím wondering if anyone knows if this is the case or does it add once you start the upgrade?

thx all.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 59| GW 28 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L6t | BK: 57 | GW 25 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L74 | BK: 70| GW 40 | RC: L20 | Max Trophies: 5000+

It adds once the upgrade is done. If u do a war with an upgrading lvl 10 cannon, on your war base it will also be lvl 10. When that upgrade finishes during preparation day or during the war, the change will only take effect during the next war.

When u build a new defense/building it's added to your war base (You have to edit it manually). Your position on the map won't change but that new building is added only during the preparation day.

In some Hadrons like Kaons, strange D mesons, and other such Strange Particles.
    I think that if you are upgrading a defense, the weight adds after the upgrade is finished.
    But if you place a new building for construction, weight gets added immediately.

Reason being:
    If you are in war and say you placed eagle..
    for main base it will show that its under construction...
    but for war base eagle will be active (if you placed it during preparation day)
    So its weight is counted.

And if you put a defense on upgrade say cannon lvl 15 to 16
    The cannon will remain lvl 15 for war base and not lvl 16

Also you get the exp after a defense upgrade is completed
    so i guess that's when the weight also gets added.

P.S:
    Ninja'd by LemonCream099
    Last edited by StrangeQuark; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:04 PM.
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | Farm Tag: #92VP2V0Y
    Town Hall - 13 | My stats here || Farm Experience - 47
    Trying to keep up with all Supercell games - but time's always just not enough.
    YouTube Channel | Instagram Handle | Twitter Handle | Reddit Handle

Pro Member
    Thx all, this is what I did think, and thought I would ask for confirmation. Also, After posting I thought I could test, doing a friendly war v a mini clan I have and compared the before and after upgrade starts, and found no change in weight.
    I will however do another Friendly war both just before the upgrade ends and after it’s done to see what the L5 Giga Tesla on the TH upgrade adds. I will space other upgrades out and attempt to to same to see the individual changes.

Clan:

I haven't actually measured this, but from experience I think it works like this:

For a building being upgraded, the weight is added when it finishes.

For a new building being placed, the weight is added immediately.

Could be wrong though.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    I haven't actually measured this, but from experience I think it works like this:

For a building being upgraded, the weight is added when it finishes.

For a new building being placed, the weight is added immediately.

Could be wrong though.
    Youíre right, and of course if that happens on prep day the match has already happened so you wonít get the weight penalty until the next war. So, as long as that flaw exists it makes sense to place new buildings on prep day, not before.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:52 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

to be honest I don’t know as weight is even a considered thing any more, last few wars I have been in, I’ve been way overmatched, so not sure how it could be a thing now....

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    to be honest I don’t know as weight is even a considered thing any more, last few wars I have been in, I’ve been way overmatched, so not sure how it could be a thing now....
    The matchmaker is probably more accurate than it has ever been. War weights aren’t perfect but I don’t think they’ve ever been better. I recommend putting your match/clan ID in a thread in war forum for an analysis.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You’re right, and of course if that happens on prep day the match has already happened so you won’t get the weight penalty until the next war. So, as long as that flaw exists it makes sense to place new buildings on prep day, not before.
    I figured it had to work like that. I don't know how prevalent it is now, but way back some clans practiced spinning with TH10s and 11s without ITs and EAs respectively, placed those buildings during prep day, updated war base and then cancelled the buildings in first minutes of war day.

That loophole is still there, but I don't know much it's used at TH13. The potential gain is probably too small if you already have lvl 5 GI, dunno.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    I figured it had to work like that. I don't know how prevalent it is now, but way back some clans practiced spinning with TH10s and 11s without ITs and EAs respectively, placed those buildings during prep day, updated war base and then cancelled the buildings in first minutes of war day.

That loophole is still there, but I don't know much it's used at TH13. The potential gain is probably too small if you already have lvl 5 GI, dunno.
    This loop hole has been shut down now as you can’t cancel a new building anymore. (No doubt this change was made because of this).

Clan: