Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fixing the RNG!!!

Fixing the RNG!!!

The RNG (Random Number Generator) of Clash of Clans isn't the greatest I have seen. I have joined a lot of wars and we keep finding harder enemies. In this latest war our top 2 bases are TH8 while the top 2 bases of the enemy are TH9. What are we supposed to do to win this war? There are 0% chances of winning as they have a big advantage on us. Other things is about having a TH8 and finding a TH10 on Silver I League's normal raids/attacks. Same thing happens in Clan War Leagues, while our team is composed of one TH13, two TH12 and the rest being TH10 and TH9, our enemy has 1-3 TH13 and 5 TH12. This just makes the game too hard to play, if somehow this could be fixed or nerfed , it would be great, having balance would feel awesome. I love COC and always will, thank you for reading!

The matchmaking for wars and the clan war league are different.

Wars are more accurate in terms of the opponents u face because the search is done finding opponents of a similar town hall level as your war roster. The wider your town hall variety in wars then the harder it will be to find similar town halls as the ones u placed in war.

For the clan war league the search is done using your clans league. Town halls are not taken into consideration. The only exception would be where you start CWL for the first time and it uses the strength of your top 15 bases in order to get u into a suitable league. From then onwards don't ever expect to find similar town halls as yours in the CWL because the opponents u face can change their roster at their own discretion and put in whatever base they want to.

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxiusGames View Post
    The RNG (Random Number Generator) of Clash of Clans isn't the greatest I have seen. I have joined a lot of wars and we keep finding harder enemies. In this latest war our top 2 bases are TH8 while the top 2 bases of the enemy are TH9. What are we supposed to do to win this war? There are 0% chances of winning as they have a big advantage on us. Other things is about having a TH8 and finding a TH10 on Silver I League's normal raids/attacks. Same thing happens in Clan War Leagues, while our team is composed of one TH13, two TH12 and the rest being TH10 and TH9, our enemy has 1-3 TH13 and 5 TH12. This just makes the game too hard to play, if somehow this could be fixed or nerfed , it would be great, having balance would feel awesome. I love COC and always will, thank you for reading!
    War matchmaking does not work on a th to th matching.
    What the matchmaker does is scan all of your bases, assign a weight for each base, then adds all of the weights together for the aggregate total.
    It then searches for a clan with a similar weight to yours.

Are your th8s max for their level? Are the th9s rushed?

As for cwl, there is only matching the very first time your clan signs up. You are assigned a league based on the top 15 or 30 bases on your roster(depends on if you do 15V15 or 30V30).
    After that, you are randomly matched with clans in the same league as you.

Nothing prevents a clan in silver 3 loading up with all th13s.

As for normal raids, the system generally matches you against other bases in/around the same trophy range (though I do think there is a minimum and maximum range) and generally within 1-2 th levels above/below your own.

This is why a th8 can find a th 10 in silver league.
    Players can be in whatever league they want, although the higher you go in leagues you will find higher th levels & stronger bases (generally).

Now, you ask if "this can be fixed or nerfed" and I'm wondering why you did not propose any possible solutions?
    Last edited by joemann8478; October 25th, 2020 at 11:40 AM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxiusGames View Post
    The random number generator has nothing whatsoever to do with matchmaking, so not sure why you started with that.

Normal wars is matched based on kverall strength (both offensive and defensive) of the clans, and takes little account of individual TH levels. And even then, if your TH8s are maxed, and theirs are low TH9, you might not be at a big disadvantage.

In CWL, there is no matchmaking. You are just put in a random pool of 8 within your tier, with no attempt to match strengths at all. It is a performance based ladder system.

New Bloke/Chick
    from my experience, if your top rankers are weak against enemy top rankers, your bottom rankers are stronger compared to enemy's. just use my long used tip, add at least one or two th 6 or 5 at the bottom.
    but if youre talking about clan war league, then thats different.