Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Reporting offensive base design

Reporting offensive base design

I've come across a base that has an offensive wall layout.
    I've tried reporting it to Supercell but they seem to have disabled posting images so I was unable to properly report it and who knows when they will, if at all look at it.
    Especially as the players ID is so small I can't tell if the letters are W or V.
    So I thought I'd come here to see if anyone from Supercell reads this forum.
    The walls of the base are laid out to form the Nazi swastika.
    I have tried to upload the screenshot here also but it doesn't seem to work

Supercell reads this forum but they never reply. All people on this forum are players just like me and u, there isn't much we can do besides offer advice. Have u tried using the support website too?

You can upload photos here by changing your browser to desktop version. Just blur out or cover any info about the player's account.
    Last edited by LemonCream099; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:19 PM.

Is it the Nazi symbol or is it the Hindu/Buddhist symbol?

Are you sure it's the Nazi symbol or the sacred Hindu swastika?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyitis View Post
    I've come across a base that has an offensive wall layout.
    I've tried reporting it to Supercell but they seem to have disabled posting images so I was unable to properly report it and who knows when they will, if at all look at it.
    Especially as the players ID is so small I can't tell if the letters are W or V.
    So I thought I'd come here to see if anyone from Supercell reads this forum.
    The walls of the base are laid out to form the Nazi swastika.
    I have tried to upload the screenshot here also but it doesn't seem to work
    Swastika isn't offensive design just because it was used by some as their symbol

Sorry, but that symbol has been a symbol of hate for decades regardless of its origins. OP, you can copy the player tag in-game and paste it into support chat. They can take it from there.

The swastika base is actually really common for th9s.

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Sorry, but that symbol has been a symbol of hate for decades regardless of its origins. OP, you can copy the player tag in-game and paste it into support chat. They can take it from there.
    While you are quite correct for some regions (to which I also belong), it is not only used in this way. There are large areas of this world for whom it is not a symbol of hate. This has been discussed before and is a difficult one, as it assumes the user of the symbol belongs to a particular cultural background.

Your solution is correct, support needs to rule on this one.

To add: the game is built on an isometric view. Even if the chief intended for it to be a symbol of peace, tilt it at an angle and it’s offensive. It doesn’t matter if it’s common or if they had good intentions. If it’s offensive to one person, it’s offensive. Period. Trying to justify it makes me question a person’s moral character.

PM me the tag and the layout, and I’ll report it. I have no problem getting a photo upload option in support.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    To add: the game is built on an isometric view. Even if the chief intended for it to be a symbol of peace, tilt it at an angle and it’s offensive. It doesn’t matter if it’s common or if they had good intentions. If it’s offensive to one person, it’s offensive. Period. Trying to justify it makes me question a person’s moral character.

PM me the tag and the layout, and I’ll report it. I have no problem getting a photo upload option in support.
    Both symbols are different, anything that offends you doesn't mean it will be offensive for people at large.
    So let the support handle it and try not to judge others without knowing there intention.