Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Not global chat,but... - alliance chat? Please read!!!

Not global chat,but... - alliance chat? Please read!!!

since global has been gone there's been a lot of people requesting to get it back. The main reason I think is the need to reach more people and be able to talk to bigger groups at once. Since global was removed, more and more clans had created alliances with eachother, but theres no way to really connect with eachother ingame.
    What if you reopened a chat on the same way global appeared ingame before, but ,this time its for alliances? So each clan has to accept eachother as an allied clan and will then share a mutual chat. Mabe allow as much as 5 clans can be part of an alliance? Mabe 3 clans if 5 is too heavy?
    This way you have co's to monitor it the same way as you used to monitor the global chat, and members gets to reach out to more people!
    The point is only to be able to connect and create stronger alliances as this has become such a huge part of the game now. (So everything you get for being part of a clan,should still be the same. The alliance chat is ment as a connection point.)
    I think this would solve a lot of the challenges around global and the possibility to connect with more players. If a clan wants to go out of an alliance,all they have to do, is to go out of the alliance.
    And, its for every clan to deside, and should not be part of the perks.

Please consider this!

Pro Member
    Private chat between clans is ruled out, but a clan alliance with clan integration is something that is always met with some optimism from Darian, so this is definitely not ruled out.

This is from the Recent AMA and Darian said the following to this Question from 22221. It would be great if two clans could be linked such that there is a second chat bar (like how we used to have a global chat bar) for chatting between the two clans and even donating. Free movement between the clans even if closed and no loss of elder/co status when returning to the prior clan would also be awesome. You've commented briefly before that this is pretty complicated. Do you have any other information to share such as whether it is in the works, has been determined to be too complicated or is just still simply something that is on the future possibilties list?

We agree there could be better methods of collaboration between Clans for social purposes. However, we don't know if a joint Clan chat is the right way just yet. Apart from that, you know all we've said on this topic so far and there isn't anything to add that hasn't already been said. It's still on the possibilities list. We're gradually working towards adding little fragments here and there, but it's too early to see a cohesive image of how these will all piece together just yet.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 59| GW 28 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L6t | BK: 57 | GW 25 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L74 | BK: 70| GW 40 | RC: L20 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by AnabellTheRebel View Post
    since global has been gone there's been a lot of people requesting to get it back. The main reason I think is the need to reach more people and be able to talk to bigger groups at once. Since global was removed, more and more clans had created alliances with eachother, but theres no way to really connect with eachother ingame.
    What if you reopened a chat on the same way global appeared ingame before, but ,this time its for alliances? So each clan has to accept eachother as an allied clan and will then share a mutual chat. Mabe allow as much as 5 clans can be part of an alliance? Mabe 3 clans if 5 is too heavy?
    This way you have co's to monitor it the same way as you used to monitor the global chat, and members gets to reach out to more people!
    The point is only to be able to connect and create stronger alliances as this has become such a huge part of the game now. (So everything you get for being part of a clan,should still be the same. The alliance chat is ment as a connection point.)
    I think this would solve a lot of the challenges around global and the possibility to connect with more players. If a clan wants to go out of an alliance,all they have to do, is to go out of the alliance.
    And, its for every clan to deside, and should not be part of the perks.

Please consider this!
    I think would be cool, you could organize events with other clans in your alliance like wars against each other or whatever, stuff like that. It would make people come back to the game. Any stuff thatís rude or harsh between 2 people of different clans could be reported and banned by SC so it would still be a ďsafeĒ chat

Quote Originally Posted by SamBh22 View Post
    I think would be cool, you could organize events with other clans in your alliance like wars against each other or whatever, stuff like that. It would make people come back to the game. Any stuff that’s rude or harsh between 2 people of different clans could be reported and banned by SC so it would still be a “safe” chat
    The other thing it could do is to help coordination for cwl when people need to move clans to balance out rosters, fill rosters etc. I honestly think this would be a low risk, but large in potential addition to the game.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    I have removed all the back and forth discussion about whether this is ruled out or not.

It isn't. It may come at some point in the future, if formal clan alliances are brought to the game.

It is unlikely IMO to be brought in other than as part of formal clan alliances, and we have no guarantee that those are going to come.

But it isn't private chat, and it isn't global chant, so it isn't technically ruled out so far as we are concerned.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Private chat between clans is ruled out, but a clan alliance with clan integration is something that is always met with some optimism from Darian, so this is definitely not ruled out.

This is from the Recent AMA and Darian said the following to this Question from 22221. It would be great if two clans could be linked such that there is a second chat bar (like how we used to have a global chat bar) for chatting between the two clans and even donating. Free movement between the clans even if closed and no loss of elder/co status when returning to the prior clan would also be awesome. You've commented briefly before that this is pretty complicated. Do you have any other information to share such as whether it is in the works, has been determined to be too complicated or is just still simply something that is on the future possibilties list?

We agree there could be better methods of collaboration between Clans for social purposes. However, we don't know if a joint Clan chat is the right way just yet. Apart from that, you know all we've said on this topic so far and there isn't anything to add that hasn't already been said. It's still on the possibilities list. We're gradually working towards adding little fragments here and there, but it's too early to see a cohesive image of how these will all piece together just yet.
    My gut feeling, which I feel has been moderately accurate in the past, if not precise, is that this is coming in 2021 or definitely by 2022. Any longer, and Iím sure Iíll start to get impatient.

I really hope they donít make a mess of it, like they did with clan recruitment. It really shouldnít be that hard. Cross-clan donations and chat is just QOLife, currently you need to move an account around to do it. The clan whitelist would serve as the record list of members allowed to leave and return to their prior rank and stats. I would not want every current member to be able to freely return at any time, it would only be for trusted loyal members.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    My gut feeling, which I feel has been moderately accurate in the past, if not precise, is that this is coming in 2021 or definitely by 2022. Any longer, and Iím sure Iíll start to get impatient.

I really hope they donít make a mess of it, like they did with clan recruitment. It really shouldnít be that hard. Cross-clan donations and chat is just QOLife, currently you need to move an account around to do it. The clan whitelist would serve as the record list of members allowed to leave and return to their prior rank and stats. I would not want every current member to be able to freely return at any time, it would only be for trusted loyal members.
    So elders+ would be the only ones?
    Last edited by SamBh22; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    My gut feeling, which I feel has been moderately accurate in the past, if not precise, is that this is coming in 2021 or definitely by 2022. Any longer, and I’m sure I’ll start to get impatient.

I really hope they don’t make a mess of it, like they did with clan recruitment. It really shouldn’t be that hard. Cross-clan donations and chat is just QOLife, currently you need to move an account around to do it. The clan whitelist would serve as the record list of members allowed to leave and return to their prior rank and stats. I would not want every current member to be able to freely return at any time, it would only be for trusted loyal members.
    Agreeing on what you said for the requirement for moving to other clan in the same alliance.

I would like this ability to be always available to co leaders only and available to elder only on leaders permission( only cos not leader as leader shouldn't move freely unless he promoted someone else).
    Normally member ranked people can stay in a clan for various reasons like hopper, temporarily staying for CG or CWL and so forth. But inside a clan the position of co is quite dutiful and needs enthusiasm and if I am not wrong a true co doesn't move to and fro for his own purpose unless its a predicament. That being said, the in-game clan alliances should be controlled by only reliable and trusted persons from every clan for the sake of good moderation as I think a copper-bottomed co leader from the horse's mouth isn't likely to exploit this feature knowingly. Thereby it would be fine to that certain degree.

Sumo sloth set forth a nice pro for this alliance which is the immediate need of manpower for any reason like to fill up of roster during CWL is a good practical example. When there's a cry for this, an elder can move to the other clan with the leaders stamp of approval following with the endorsement in the alliance chat. It is to mention here that no member can be directly a part of this given the fact is one can be unsure about his actions.

Hence, it can be a good idea imo to polish up the clan with these QOL.
    I would like to thank TerMinus Prime(TP) for this amazing sig . If you want to visit his shop then click here .

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBh22 View Post
    So elders+ would be the only ones?
    That could be possible. I’d have it being only people on my whitelist, unconnected from clan ranks, but I think there could be a nice simplicity of elders+.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    Agreeing on what you said for the requirement for moving to other clan in the same alliance.

I would like this ability to be always available to co leaders only and available to elder only on leaders permission( only cos not leader as leader shouldn't move freely unless he promoted someone else).
    Thanks, but if you accept that easy movement is just QOL, why make the QOL limited to CoLeaders? If any member may leave the clan to go to a sister clan, or a ReqínLeave clan for that matter, and come back with troops, and be accepted back in by any elder, why not acknowledge this and let everyone have the technical QOL improvement?

The other side of easy movement by clan whitelists is that the clan being visited needs to have you on their whitelist for you to get in easily. This is a matter for that clan, and your rank in that clan need not be the same, and probably is only member for a sister clan that you donít spend time in.

Maybe another analogy is a gate pass. A gate pass is carried by the person. The gate pass would list the clans you have free entry to. I think this wonít work well, because the clan leadership needs to control who has access into their clan, including the power to revoke, s the authority canít reside on your gate pass. I think it has to be a clan list of people with a standing invitation to (re)enter. This is a whitelist. When an old clan drops you from their whitelist, you wonít know until you try to enter and find yourself having to knock.