Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: About Amazon Fire HD 8

About Amazon Fire HD 8

I see that there's an "ad supported" version and a free version of this tablet. Does the ad supported version interfere in game while playing CoC? Does it play any ads at any stage of the game? Can someone tell me please?
    Also is the CoC game timely updated on the Amazon software too? Thanks.
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.

If you're saying that if you've installed the game on any Amazon device or have downloaded through any of the Amazon app stores, I don't think and haven't heard them of offering in-game advertisements. So, you don't have to worry about that. But I really don't particularly have the knowledge about the device you mentioned, but I can be sure clash doesn't place any in-game advertisements not matter what the device is.
    Last edited by Shivank380; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:43 PM.

It has ads on home page of tablet not in game.

It receieves updates as any other ooerating system as far as i know. Same like Android or IOS, so dont worry.

Just make sure it has 2GB ram and cpu is 1.7 or higher for a single core (doesnt matter how manny it has)
    Last edited by dpgza; October 22nd, 2020 at 04:00 PM.

Just bought a fire HD 8 last prime day. Runs CoC fine, no lag that I've noticed so far and no adverts.

There are two versions of it, the one free of adverts who costs more with like 10 pounds or something, and no adverts.

And the other version cheaper but the same tablet wich has on home screen always Amazon store, Amazon books, Amazon rubish no one wants app. They are quite annoying to see them always first thing when picking the tablet. But inside a game like coc they wont pop up in the middle of the game. That would be a disaster, no one would accept that.

I found it quite disgusting for a fompany to do that, and probably a lot of people share my opinion. They are kinda taking advantage selling a cheaper tablet but asking extra money also in the same time.
    Last edited by dpgza; October 22nd, 2020 at 08:51 PM.

got a new fire hd8 (the old version was slower) with ads, COC runs fine, Ads only when you start the tablet, no ads during using the tablet.
    To get all updates automatically you have to install the playstore, but that is really easy ..(just search in google..)
    And you get access to all playstore apps ...
    sorry for my english - not a native english speaker
    th13 Q/K/W/C 75/75/50/20

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    I found it quite disgusting for a fompany to do that, and probably a lot of people share my opinion. They are kinda taking advantage selling a cheaper tablet but asking extra money also in the same time.
    I can't imagine any reasonable person shares the opinion that it is "disgusting". I can't see anything wrong with it at all.

It is your choice whether you pay the full price, or whether you get a discount, at the cost" of having those adverts.
    Last edited by Ajax; October 23rd, 2020 at 10:10 AM.

I thought that this was worth mentioning here, that with fire tablets you can actually side load google play onto them, so your not restricted to apps from the amazon app store. I still use a fire 7 i bought ages ago and play clash through the play store , updates through google play etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I can't imagine any reasonable person shares the opinion that it is "disgusting". I can't see anything wrong with it at all.

It is your choice whether you pay the full price, or whether you get a discount, at the cost" of having those adverts.
    I respect your opinion, everyone has its own way of seeing things. I juat hate it when companies resort to things like this.

The same as Mercedes making a model for 1000 , after same model is applied an ever running screen on board with comercials and asking 950 instead. If it was an upgrade id understand the extra money. But its not an upgrade it just an annoying feature for most.

Maybe im wrong but i just see it as a lack of fair play. I just see it as gimping the tablet on purpose to ask for extra money...wich i find it not right as a relation from the point of producer/consumer.
    Last edited by dpgza; October 23rd, 2020 at 08:00 PM.

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Perhaps there's a different way of looking at it:
    The tablet costs 85 pounds. They pay you 30 pounds to watch their ads and special offers, so the tablet still costs 85 pounds, but you only have to pay 30 pounds. They are paying you to watch the ads in the hope that you will spend money and help them make money. If you don't want the ads, that's fine, they just won't pay you and you still get the tablet for 85 pounds.
    Every company is there to make money. That's why phone companies give you a phone for a low rate if you make a contract with them for phone costs. That's why when you watch TV you have to watch the ads as well. Or opt out and watch over the internet and pay for a provider.

If you don't like the system, that's OK, just pay the "proper" cost of the product you want to get cheaper.

I wouldn't want to watch the ads either, but I don't insist they give me their product for the same cheap price as someone who is prepared to watch their ads for them. I just would pay more, or buy a different product from another company.